DAoC US?

K

Krakatau

Let Mythic open a new server, and leave that at our current patch, then all that want can move to their new Goahaharis server - problem solved ;)

I'd love to charcopy my chars for sure :D

Hmm..
Exporting my character data from prydwen and burn a CD and then swim across the sea - and then beg a Mythic employee to find a way to charcopy it to a USserver ...

He will say- sorry, but I can't do that RightNow !!

But at least that's better than GOA's rightneverever - and at least it's an answer ;)

But if a few thousand mad/disappointed european players wanna move USservers, then that may be quite interesting to hear both GOA's & Mythic's reactions to it...

Honestly, GOA better come clean about this...
It also - in some ways - make Mythic look bad for letting a _fillinwhateverwordbestdescribesyourfeelings_ company like GOA run the servers

T

Turamber

I've moved to DAOC in the US already :)

Best way to decide which server to use is to keep an eye on Camelotherald at the times you would normally play, then check out the server population.

MLF, Merlin and Lancelot all have very decent populations during the hours I play - as high as when I used to regularly play on Prydwen back in the day.

K

kahl

check spilpriser.dk out - type dark age of camelot there and youll get the list over Danish shop who got DAoC

K

kahl

last time i needed help i used the US support, they were damn quick and more precision about the answers than GOA.

I think GOAs problem lies in that they are FRENCH. I dno why Mythic was so stupid to leave a french company in charge of daoc eu :/

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Shike

Flimgoblin, nice to see the other side of the issue aswell, though I rather try it out myself and then decide, its in my nature I guess :)

What are peoples experiences with the different servers over there? Heard some pow's now and would like some more :) Big thanks to the USplayers that share with what they know.

All I know is that I wanna play hibb, and not on a server where hibbs are the total underdogs like here on Prydwen :)

Aye Shike - just letting people know it might not be the emerald city over there, worth a try though if you're not happy. Don't like seeing misinformation being posted though.

not sure which servers hib are winning on - look for a mid /level 30 server (or a non-/level 30 hib server) ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Krond0r
Flimgoblin an advert on why not to play on Exac :p
?
You mean my wonderful prose doesn't entice you to play on Excalibur?

S

sundra

Well i dont blame you for moving to usa servers i got mine this week and it runs like a dream on isdn.12 servers to play on latest patch including player housing(which rox btw).I have been playing daoc on euro servers too for about same amount of time and got peeved at this latest cock up.Yes i have to start all over again but hey wot the hell.I had no problems with sign up pretty fast system i used mastercard had no probs dunno about visa.For those of you who like pve the usa have a co-op server which is pure pve no rvr no relics,all realms play together and they get very nice drops.Some of my guild have also ordered their usa daoc gold edition.Nice package 5 manuals inc a noob manual O_O
got mine from cdromshop.com thru dhl delivery was here in a few days all for less than £30 inc delivery.Still have my euro accounts but by the looks of things not for long.Really enjoying usa servers friendly "howdy" people and good players.

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: DAoC US?

Originally posted by Scunner
They no longer wish to be paying customers of a company that appears not to value its customers. Rather sad day that it has come to this, no Excuses GOA have been extremely poor!.
If I didn't have so much time invested in my characters/guild here, and so many friends in-game, I'd move to the US servers without a second's hesitation.

O

old.Torden

I for one has moved to play DAoC US,and i love every minut of it,i just wish i could get my old European char's moved to US somehow :)

G

Gruffe

Originally posted by sundra
Well i dont blame you for moving to usa servers i got mine this week and it runs like a dream on isdn.12 servers to play on latest patch including player housing(which rox btw).I have been playing daoc on euro servers too for about same amount of time and got peeved at this latest cock up.Yes i have to start all over again but hey wot the hell.I had no problems with sign up pretty fast system i used mastercard had no probs dunno about visa.For those of you who like pve the usa have a co-op server which is pure pve no rvr no relics,all realms play together and they get very nice drops.Some of my guild have also ordered their usa daoc gold edition.Nice package 5 manuals inc a noob manual O_O
got mine from cdromshop.com thru dhl delivery was here in a few days all for less than £30 inc delivery.Still have my euro accounts but by the looks of things not for long.Really enjoying usa servers friendly "howdy" people and good players.

Will be on the CO-OP sever in like 10 days i guess :clap:
Realy feed up on this crap thats going on with euro servers atm

And to lvl up new chars .. easy .. roll a necro and let him pl up the other chars .. 2-3 lvl 50 in a few weeks plus nice gold and items along the way.. well thats my plan to get things going again

/kiss

K

Krond0r

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Aye Shike - just letting people know it might not be the emerald city over there, worth a try though if you're not happy. Don't like seeing misinformation being posted though.

not sure which servers hib are winning on - look for a mid /level 30 server (or a non-/level 30 hib server) ;)

No i meant your shit know it all attitude and the fact that you dont like mis-information but most of the points you made were BS :)

S

Shike

comeon, keep it calm shall we? Please, dont want this thread ruined since it has quite a lot of info that people might want to read.

Flim has his point of view, others have theirs, he is totally entitled to his opinion imo even if I maybe dont like what I hear. ;)

Wisest thing to do atm is probably to keep the EUacc and RvR etc meanwhile the USchars is under lvling, gives one a nice chanse to get a feeling for how it is over there and still have an opportunity to do something beside the XPthreadmill. I seriosly have no idea if I will have fun over there. I might think its crap, I might think its heaven, who knows, but its nice to keep some sort of backup at least I think, even if its GOA. Backside to that is that it cost alittle more.

T

tildson

Im playing US atm, mostly due to the horrible support and way GOA are running. Also, i want to play Albion again, but unfortunately you cant unless you are French/German (kinda silly when we pay the same fee as they do, 1server for each realm should be available for all languages)

Anyhow, i bought an empty account, some friends of mine ordered from www.webhallen.se i think - it wasnt very hard getting hold of it. Im really looking forward for the new rvr-patch and all other stuff, no need to wait and u can always try stuff out at their testserver - Pendragon :)

N

ning

Originally posted by kahl

I think GOAs problem lies in that they are FRENCH. I dno why Mythic was so stupid to leave a french company in charge of daoc eu :/

Are you 10 year old or just stupid ?

PS : Dark Age of Camelot US and Shrouded Isles US is distributed by Vivendi Universal Games, who is a french company ... (http://www.mythicentertainment.com/press/goldedition.html)
Everquest 2 and Matrix online are distibuted by Ubi Soft (french company)
Ryzom (Nevrax) and Dark and Light are developed by french team ...
Good luck if you want to play MMORPG without giving your money to a french company ...

K

Krakatau

Originally posted by ning
Are you 10 year old or just stupid ?

PS : Dark Age of Camelot US and Shrouded Isles US is distributed by Vivendi Universal Games, who is a french company ... (http://www.mythicentertainment.com/press/goldedition.html)
Everquest 2 and Matrix online are distibuted by Ubi Soft (french company)
Ryzom (Nevrax) and Dark and Light are developed by french team ...
Good luck if you want to play MMORPG without giving your money to a french company ...

Check Ryzom closer... It's GOA FFS :D

K

kallora

I've been playin on US Daoc since Nov 2001, just after it was launched. Imported my game and SI expansion to UK from IGN shop without a problem apart form having to pay VAT on it.

If any of you make it over to Galahad Albion, look me and my guild up, Order of the Illuminati, Guild house at lot #174 Kilnsey, Cerwent.

I sympathise with your problems with GOA, sounds liek you've been shoddily treated. We complain sometimes on the US servers about customer support but at least we have some!

A

asorek

hehe just placed my order for DAOC+SI = £22.00 FOOK ME :eek7:
free shipping, better Customer service, co-op servers!!! IM SO THERE, anyone starting a guild up for Euro players!?!? i'd like to sign up, we can all zerg emain together!!! RAWR!!

A

asorek

dvdboxoffice.com

it you choose to pay in Canadian Dollars from your bank account you save £10 on the US Dollar exchange rate!!

The price is something like $45.49 CD (canadian Dollors) Free Shipping worldwide!! with todays exchange rate thats £22.00 give or take a penny!! ROCK ON!! you get the choice to pay in US or Canadian Dollors...i chose Canada!! i checked just to be sure i wasnt buying the canadian version, the guy emailed me back to confirm i was buying the US version!

S

Starman

I hope customs don't cache you and make you pay import tax/VAT :mad:

A

asorek

haah i'd like to see em try!! lol theyd have to prize the money from my cold dead body first!!

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by asorek
haah i'd like to see em try!! lol theyd have to prize the money from my cold dead body first!!

Bad news. What happens is they open your post, decide that you owe them VAT and hold on to it until you pay up.

If you don't give them the money YOU'LL have to do the prising out of THEIR cold, dead fingers :)

Users who are viewing this thread