DAoC US?

A

astriix

Id like to know what they said also, and what address you mailed to?

you think GOA are having problems with the website? maybe they CANT update us, cus of a problem they having with it.. just a thought.. ?

H

heilel

FWIW, I just emailed, DAOc US (Mythic) regarding purchasing the US version of DAOC and they replied (within minutes mind you..:D )with the following:

Please feel free to check www.outpost.com or www.dvdboxoffice.com for the U.S version. They are not affiliated with Mythic and their use is at your own risk.

Thank you,
XXXXXXX
Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

S

Shike

Originally posted by astriix
Id like to know what they said also, and what address you mailed to?

you think GOA are having problems with the website? maybe they CANT update us, cus of a problem they having with it.. just a thought.. ?

that really dont hold much water mate, if that was the case they could easily set up something temporary that explains it, or some Gamemaster could pop inhere to tell us that :)

G

Gewny

I am gonna have to write sanya a letter about what she feels about goa and the fact that many are thinking of changing, maybe it gets into the friday news :)

If more do this it might, and maybe this will be an alarm clock to goa :)

(clarification : I would like to stay in europe, for reasons like I have farily little play time and alredy a couple of 50 chars here, but if Goa dosent joump on the improvment wave soon, well I might end up in US :( )

M

Moried

Interesting, never thought I'd be tempted to go over to US Daoc but the appaling lack of service/information from GOA has actually got me tempted. Just for the principle of the thing I'm inclined to leave EU Daoc after this...

T

The Kingpin

I orded my copy and SI from DVDBoxoffice..

Worked fine, took about 2 weeks to arrive.

S

smincy

my real life friend plays on the US servers and has done since the beta over there.

i sent him an email for more information below is the answers he gave me... might be useful maybe not :p

lag is not a problem on the US servers as most of the servers are actually better hardware than any of the UK servers, you may have aproblem playing on there with a 56k modem though, but with broadband this shouldn't be a problem.

The time zone difference does have an effect but uf you play from 6PM GMT its about 12PM in the US and there are still more people on at these times than on the EU servers.

if you want to take part in relic raids, caer sidi raids and stuff, you may have to stay on till 12AM-6AM (GTM) depending on when they are starting the raid.

in terms of moving your characters fromt he EU servers, hmmm, I dont think they do that ... but it dont hurt to ask... :p

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by ghillie
Well I just ordered my US version from DVD Box office.

I wonder what will come 1st.. my new pass or new game?

Ghillie - Lvl 48 Cleric - Crusaders of Albion - Excalibur
Ghilie - Lvl 50 Necro - Crusaders of Albion - Excalibur

:(

Weve been playing along side each other for a long time now, even before DAoC and it'll be sad to see you head across the ocean.

Come on GoA please let people know whats happening :confused: :confused: :confused:

K

Krond0r

Hi i been playing on the US servers for a while now.

Did play on the euro ones from beta but got tired of the slow updating, never had any problems customer service wize from goa though things look to be bad of late.

The customer service and the in game support on us servers will be a shock to most euro players.

Anyway my main reason for posting here is i dont know where u all intend to play iam currently on Galahad with a 50 Enchanter 50 Ranger and 49 Druid buffbot.

I have a lvl 50 hero and healer on gaheris though i really got bored with just pve.

RvR is not bad on Galahad though hibs are currently under the kosh.

It would be fun if there was enough of us to start up a new guild on a any server would be glad of some european company.

Anyway i look forward to meeting you on the US servers.

You wont regret moving over i never did.

D

decline

I haven't posted on these boards in about six months, but still occasionally check 'em.

Since I moved to US a lonngggggg time ago, I haven't regretted it.

The customer service is remarkably better, and of course, you get all the new stuff first.

For those coming though, I'd reccomend not moving to Mordred or the heavily populated servers however. Since the two PvP servers merged, the server has turned into a zergfest of the "uber" FG of 3 savages, ministrel, shaman, healer, cleric. All the heavily populated regular servers are into zerging as well. Go to Merlin or Lancelot for instance, and expect to have regular 6-7fg Emain battles in primetime.

If you enjoy the quaintness of Prydwen, stick with one of the lower servers on the list. :)

W

wulpse_havik

it seems a lot of u going to play us servers ,
wouldn't it be nice to create our own guild like said earlier
i would join right away
can help u guys out at first since i can do /level and buff up and stuff
just let me know on what server /realm u guys gonna play and i'll hop in
i'm on merlin hib most of the time now with my new chanter :)

S

Stormm

Originally posted by Gewny
I am gonna have to write sanya a letter about what she feels about goa and the fact that many are thinking of changing, maybe it gets into the friday news :)

If more do this it might, and maybe this will be an alarm clock to goa :)

(clarification : I would like to stay in europe, for reasons like I have farily little play time and alredy a couple of 50 chars here, but if Goa dosent joump on the improvment wave soon, well I might end up in US :( )

write a decent letter m8, post it on here and perhaps if enough of us copy it and send it also they *might* at least take a little notice.

Anyway I'll be happy to send it to Sanya@mythicentertainment.com

G

Giljotine

Yeah! would be great with a nice friendly guild over there

Looks like it will take a week or 2 before new game arives though
but i'm in for it and talking with some rl friends who allso wanna
try US servers so this can be quite a bunch of ppl coming over =P

F

Flimgoblin

lag is not a problem on the US servers as most of the servers are actually better hardware than any of the UK servers, you may have aproblem playing on there with a 56k modem though, but with broadband this shouldn't be a problem.
Of course any latency you experience between here and there is all in your head... nothing to do with the extra distance/routers its got to go past.
That said it's east coast US so you don't have to get lagged up in the US backbone :)

The high pop servers are probably the same hardware as Excalibur, the other ones will be on the same as Prydwen.

The time zone difference does have an effect but uf you play from 6PM GMT its about 12PM in the US and there are still more people on at these times than on the EU servers.
Utter bollocks - 2800 people on Guinevere at US peak times maybe..... there are a few US servers which have less population than Camlann.

The biggest complaint on the US servers at the moment is underpopulated servers - not just realms, but servers.

if you want to take part in relic raids, caer sidi raids and stuff, you may have to stay on till 12AM-6AM (GTM) depending on when they are starting the raid.
Quite right on that - shame if you have a job (although it's probably good if you want to recover your saturday/sunday afternoons from Caer Sidi ;))

in terms of moving your characters fromt he EU servers, hmmm, I dont think they do that ... but it dont hurt to ask...
Different versions, servers, etc. - not gonna happen.

Just to let you know the grass isn't that much greener - by all means move if you're not happy, but don't move because of false information :)

S

Stormm

can they actually log onto the game over there?

cause we can't here, and i think thats a pretty imoportant ascpect we are missing out on

K

Krond0r

Flimgoblin an advert on why not to play on Exac :p

T

The Kingpin

Ive just re-activated my US account, after not using it for six months.

Joined Guinevere/Albion.

Yes, its a rather populated server, but ive made a Necromancer.
Good class to start with, needs no gold, easy to level, and the US also have /30 command on most servers.

Not getting much lag so far, and not as much eliteism as Europe suffers from.

And Albion even have 3 power relics, thats a change.
The name system of role-play servers is alot better, and having alot of servers to play on is nice, and all types of server co-op,pvp and normal.

The houseing is very neat, just walking around looking at peoples houses, people are often very kind, from a simple "Hail" to a full on chin wag.

But some peoples sence of role-play is rather funny..

sshot000.jpg

Thats a nice way to ask for power level hehehe

S

Stonebits

What two pages and no flames? I started reading this and expected someone to start having a go....

anyway....

I have hardly played DAOC in the last two months, and the recent 'problems' dont really want to make me come back....

I personally though, dont think I could go through the level grind to 50 again on a US server... I know its not allowed, but if you can, I'd buy an account.....

I really think GOA have panicked in this.... if only they had thought it through..... dont they realise all people want is to be kept informed.... even a 'we are working on it, more news tomorrow' is better than a 'deafening' silence....

I know alot of people were already thinking of moving on to things like SWG and WoW when it is realeased.... could this be the final straw for those people.....

S

Shike

rofl Kingpin

anyone care to explain or direct me to a site with the exact rules of the RPservers? :)

Flimgoblin, nice to see the other side of the issue aswell, though I rather try it out myself and then decide, its in my nature I guess :)

What are peoples experiences with the different servers over there? Heard some pow's now and would like some more :) Big thanks to the USplayers that share with what they know.

All I know is that I wanna play hibb, and not on a server where hibbs are the total underdogs like here on Prydwen :)

T

The Kingpin

US Role-Play server rules are;

Roleplaying Server Addendum
===========================
There are expanded rules in place that govern anyone playing on DAoC roleplaying servers. All rules from the DAoC Code of Conduct apply, as well as the following expanded rules:

Naming Policy for Roleplaying Servers.
=====================================
-All names must fit into the medieval setting.
-All names must fit into the realm that you are playing in.
-All policy enforcement for names on the roleplaying servers will be done aggressively by members of the DAoC CS staff, of Server Lead and higher authority. It is in Mythic's sole judgment whether a name breaks the policy, and we will rename characters accordingly. If you see someone with a name that obviously breaks the roleplaying ruleset, please report them.

Communication Policy for Roleplaying Servers.
=============================================
-All communication on the roleplay server must be appropriate for the medieval time-period (in-character). This means no talking about Soda-pop, Baseball, etc...
-If a guild, group or person agrees that out-of-character communication is acceptable, then Mythic will not interfere with this decision within /Guild, /Group, /Friend or /Sends communication. There is never a time when out-of-character communication is acceptable in /Broadcast, /Say, or /Shout.
-If someone is breaking the roleplaying communication policy on the server, you MUST ask them to stop before reporting them. If they stop when asked, and do not repeat their out-of-character communication, then the problem is solved and there is no need to contact customer support. If someone persists in breaking the roleplaying communication policy, then report them using the /Appeal command, and DAoC Customer Support will investigate.

Event Interference on Roleplaying Servers.
==========================================
-Any interference or disruption of scheduled events, whether run by players or by Mythic Staff, is strictly prohibited.

If you cannot abide by these rules, DO NOT play on these servers. Mythic Entertainment has a strict policy of enforcement regarding these rules, and will not tolerate players coming to this server who do not or will not roleplay. Breaking any of the above rules can result in actions against your account to include warnings, banishment from the roleplay servers, suspensions, and even termination of your account (based on the severity of the violation). Thank you and have a great time roleplaying

G

Ghillie

I my self am unable to play atm due to my own fault of not keeping my email addy up to date. But, as most of you have said the Technical help / customer service has been apauling.

I dont take any responsibilty for not updating my details.. Correct me please if I am wrong but I don't see anything in the EULA that says I must keep e-mail up to date incase GOA need to contact me with a new password at a later date.

Ok.. I accept it would be a good idea to keep your details up to date .. and maybe I should have done .. but I dont accept any blame for it.

btw .. if there is gonna be an exodus to the US .. count me in for starting up an EU guild or somthing.

Also.. thanks for your support Bleri.. I am sure I will be around in one form or another.. will keep up with you guys in RL

Ghillie - Lvl 48 Cleric - Crusaders of Albion
Ghilie - Lvl 50 Necro - Crusaders of Albion

X

xcpt

rofl u must be melting away now. dont buy european games if u want problems and shit long delay cos everything is so sloow we get updates last and everything just like consoles, we always get them last and usually the speed of the game is shit compared to us/jap.

S

Shike

Originally posted by xcpt
rofl u must be melting away now. dont buy european games if u want problems and shit long delay cos everything is so sloow we get updates last and everything just like consoles, we always get them last and usually the speed of the game is shit compared to us/jap.

heh, you dont understand that it aint the games mechanism or the way GOA handle the servers on that is bad (DAoC isnt even european in the first place). Its that they treat their customers in a terrible way (at least this is the largest issue for me) that pisses me off. Better support and communicate with the players in a better way and I wouldnt sit here and type in this thread at all, if they had good support and communicated well, daoc-EU would be a better game for me at least and I would definetely consider to stay.

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by Shike
Its that they treat their customers in a terrible way (at least this is the largest issue for me) that pisses me off.

That's the part that get to me as well. The fact that they don't let their customers know what's going on.
Atm I'm regretting going for the 1 year sub, as there's now about 9 months left of it and it's not like they're gonna give me my money back if I want to go to the US servers instead.

R

rockh

Any1 want to swap a US account with at least 1 lvl 50 char for an alb excal with lvl 50 arms lgm AC rr3l6, lvl 50 cleric gm SC rr5l1, lvl 50 theurg 46 air 26 earth 650 tailoring, 43 ice wiz, 34 pally, 26 cabby, 24 sorc, 22 friar 230 alc let me know :)

R

rockh

IS there an official forum for doac europe - if so where? and would it not be a good idea for them to open an email that peeps could just send please send password like there is in US - I know there is one in Rightnow - but why not just amke a new one for now and put it on news?

T

The Kingpin

GOA used to run a official forum on their website, but they closed it down, and everyone moved to barrysworld, as it already have a daoc forum.

But still, the /appeal system on the US is so much better than rightnow.

Why GOA dident use the same system as mythic am not sure.

D

deadkid

Originally posted by The Kingpin

Why GOA dident use the same system as mythic am not sure.

coz that wouldnt let'em eat cheeeeese
they're lazy

Users who are viewing this thread