DAOC new Server time OLD OF no TOA/DR/LOTM

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
well i dont think they will open more than 2 servers. since they probably want high pop.

And I doubt battlegrounds will be a problem since they are going to change the frontiers to include low level rvr zones and have some anti-grief system. The best exp spots will probably be in the frontiers which means there will be alot of even-level fighting about them.
Really hope so. That would be fun. :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Wonder if they realised would open up such a can of worms with what would seem a relatively simple concept :).

re: mez duration. Still remember our grp been mezzed in odins by sotl or somesuch albs (some pre-SI pug, nfd was about 3 peeps at the time) and each member been individually /em spammed several seconds then executed. Mez in, lowbies with no purge game already over.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
re: mez duration. Still remember our grp been mezzed in odins by sotl or somesuch albs (some pre-SI pug, nfd was about 3 peeps at the time) and each member been individually /em spammed several seconds then executed. Mez in, lowbies with no purge game already over.

The trouble with CC as currently implemented is that you have to spend alot of realm skill points countering it. (Purge, det+stoisms, charge are all consider much needed abilities) Which means if you don't have the RP to spend you are screwed.

They will hopefully reduce CC by around half but also reduce the affect of det etc so that a det5 tank can get say 70% CC reduction, so they can still be held for around 5-10 seconds but it doesn't give them quite as huge an advantage as before.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder if they realised would open up such a can of worms with what would seem a relatively simple concept :).

Remember running round emain as warden, bard(toirdhealbach) hero(slayn) and sometimed Lourk on druid and we'd mez like 4 fg of albs but couldnt do anything but watch. Killed so many odds and sods that gave chase but just had to watch the 20 or so still standing there zzzzz. :) Was before we knew what chanters could do i think. ;)

Don't forget the hammers and spears of dooom that always broke mezzes.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
So if red-purple cant fight lower ones until engaged.
That means lowbies could exploit in large numbers. tbh a lot of greenies could harm a cleric in many ways :twak:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I think they should just remove 3 tier RA's all together and give old ones back, 30 points for 1 effective RA is silly tbh.

Was much better inf NF the way RA's were layed out, NF is just a joke with the 3 tiers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Will there be Shrouded Isles?

There will be NO SI at launch of the server but they did say its planned to add it later :) most likely be a few weeks after server launch when alot of people end up being 50.

Just hope it doesn't take them long to add it because I want SI necklace+bracers :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Hi skauning. :lol:

Aoc I see. My PoM got to lvl 35 after 5 days then I quit the game :D

Zil

Fledgling Freddie
maybe this has already been post in the last 18 pages but didnt bother reading :p

Anyone know if we get horses on origins? :D

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
2 servers max, this is great. And high population hopefully.

The best would be if there were 3 pre clustered servers, so when the population drops it's rdy to be clustered ;)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
The best would be if there were 3 pre clustered servers, so when the population drops it's rdy to be clustered ;)

I believe that there was a general rule of thumb that the max prime time population was 1/5 of the current number of subscribers. Mythic will open up as many of these origin servers as the population demands and cluster them as and when it is needed. There are unlikely to be that many servers because this game is so old now.

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie

They could make 2, charcopy one and non charcopy one, caters for all and then they cluster them when interest wanes. You could also play 2 realms as there might be only 1 realm allowed on it? Play say Alb from new on 1st one and your charcopy could go on other from a different realm. Might mean 2 subs but that's the going rate for anyone anyway as bots gonna be precluded. Gives them 2 lots of subscriptions. The drawback may be that people will only play the charcopied one though. :)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
They could make 2, charcopy one and non charcopy one, caters for all and then they cluster them when interest wanes. You could also play 2 realms as there might be only 1 realm allowed on it? Play say Alb from new on 1st one and your charcopy could go on other from a different realm. Might mean 2 subs but that's the going rate for anyone anyway as bots gonna be precluded. Gives them 2 lots of subscriptions. The drawback may be that people will only play the charcopied one though. :)

Well charchopy won't happen so ^^

CedrikWayfarer

Fledgling Freddie
I remember when he solod a fg on the wiz, root and nuke, then the usual damage spam in guild chat. xD

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
I remember when he solod a fg on the wiz, root and nuke, then the usual damage spam in guild chat. xD

Hehe ask him if he remembers Toirdhealbach, bet ya he spams a few more expletives. :D

I just loved Mattshanes tho. :)

"ololOlloll i did 1289392 billion damage on REMI ooollllol xDDDDdDd"

"oh i did 1273192 trillion thousand square 10 damage on bananplockaren hahahahaa xDDDDdDDd"

Hahah good times.

"Ff.s mother fuck1ng oped sh1tface cun7 c0ck savages, fuck1ng nerf them oped to hell sh1t c0ck fuk!!"

"7release"
"FUUUKK"

MATTSHANES :fluffle: :cheers:

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Wonder how many people would actually come back? I know there's a lot of old prydwenites that want to try their hand, someone ought to make a list of guilds/realms or whatever.

Some more real old school people might return if they can get a gauge for interest. Pink tanks, light blue tall avolonian casters with 500 hps, green firbolgs, zerging druids with shiney swords, uncle trel...sgt Z et al. :)

E_E

Loyal Freddie
Idd be back for sure, havent been in game for more than a few hours at a time once in a while just to check things out, for like 2-3 years...

Talked to some of the old synergy ppl we might gather up again to play if it goes live before WAR, otherwise we will be seing u in warhammer

Caylan Raal

Fledgling Freddie
would probably poke my nose into this server.. - there any updated news on when its due to happen?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
im still waiting for it...after having 5 lvl 70 on wow i need to get back to my mmprpg roots and the fun i had in daoc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom