DAOC new Server time OLD OF no TOA/DR/LOTM

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
They could reintroduce STT, make reuse timer say 10 mins and it last for a set period and be unresistable. Make radius 1500. Then they could keep Thug for Albs. That way you can counter petspam occasionally and there's an optional place in a group for a rarely grouped class in Mentalists. Gives Theurgs something to think about.

One thing that I don't like about daoc is the emergence of definitive setup groups, ie must be only certain classes otherwise stay at borderkeep. The times players sat at Ligen just unable to get groups cos they weren't one of 3-4 optimal classes each patch cycle. Only downside is would Hibs run 2 x ments? Suppose theory needs reality. :p Perhaps more likely would be to put STT on something like Warden, ie a class that won't be much value by having two of. A real negative to overcome.

Albs keep handy class in theurgs, Mids could have STT on one of their lesser grouped classes, maybe a hunter or thane or something, again by having multiples of and therefore lowering timers, there is too much downside. They also have a very strong potential Origins class in Valks. Mid Origins looks real strong. Albs could have stt on friar maybe.
;)

Downside if they do keep Theurg, Mid and Hib need another class to equalise. which ones could they add?

They could reintroduce STT, make reuse timer say 10 mins and it last for a set period and be unresistable. Make radius 1500. Then they could keep Thug for Albs. That way you can counter petspam occasionally and there's an optional place in a group for a rarely grouped class in Mentalists. Gives Theurgs something to think about.

One thing that I don't like about daoc is the emergence of definitive setup groups, ie must be only certain classes otherwise stay at borderkeep. The times players sat at Ligen just unable to get groups cos they weren't one of 3-4 optimal classes each patch cycle. Only downside is would Hibs run 2 x ments? Suppose theory needs reality. :p Perhaps more likely would be to put STT on something like Warden, ie a class that won't be much value by having two of. A real negative to overcome.

Albs keep handy class in theurgs, Mids could have STT on one of their lesser grouped classes, maybe a hunter or thane or something, again by having multiples of and therefore lowering timers, there is too much downside. They also have a very strong potential Origins class in Valks. Mid Origins looks real strong. Albs could have stt on friar maybe.
;)

Downside if they do keep Theurg, Mid and Hib need another class to equalise. which ones could they add?

Well, thb sod em, they don't need theugs.. they will zerg anyway. Makes it easy for other realms to just wtf pwn them. :D

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
EAMythic_ChrisR: Okay, I'd like to take a moment to clear something up (and I'm actually surprised no one asked). In my letter I stated that are targeted launch was Aug/Sep... In all actuality, we'd like to get Origins out there sooner, preferably Jul/Aug. The Aug/Sep timeframe was used to be conservative.

So everyone ready?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i will try it :) i love the old times :D

Same :) i'm willing to give it a go aslong as they don't make it to stupid, if they add cast speed/spell damage/melee damage etc I won't play it because to me that just isn't old times.

Old times is old frontiers with 75/75 200/200 stats with no special shit that was brought along with toa (after all they said no toa/no dr etc) if they add toa stats they will be going back on their word technically.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Same :) i'm willing to give it a go aslong as they don't make it to stupid, if they add cast speed/spell damage/melee damage etc I won't play it because to me that just isn't old times.

Old times is old frontiers with 75/75 200/200 stats with no special shit that was brought along with toa (after all they said no toa/no dr etc) if they add toa stats they will be going back on their word technically.

i so agree :) remember Epic was the leetest armor u could get :) and warshadow bracer was so uber :D

EAMythic_ChrisR: Okay, I'd like to take a moment to clear something up (and I'm actually surprised no one asked). In my letter I stated that are targeted launch was Aug/Sep... In all actuality, we'd like to get Origins out there sooner, preferably Jul/Aug. The Aug/Sep timeframe was used to be conservative.

So everyone ready?

Having quite fun on the Eden freeshard atm, trying setups and working on teamwork :p

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
i so agree :) remember Epic was the leetest armor u could get :) and warshadow bracer was so uber :D

Aye, I doubt there gonna leave it at epic armor tho sadly :( (but we can hope for it) even still if its not epic armor I just hope its SI stats and not what TOA brought along.

I crave 75 stats again will bring out the fun again rather than having people running around with easy mode 2 button smashing casters like now :(

Cerbie

One of Freddy's beloved
Oooh I would if of course warhammer is still far off.

But remember : hunting in our beautifull Yggdra, the teddies near grallar, and looking at odins gate for our enemies.... those were the days .............

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, I doubt there gonna leave it at epic armor tho sadly :( (but we can hope for it) even still if its not epic armor I just hope its SI stats and not what TOA brought along.

I crave 75 stats again will bring out the fun again rather than having people running around with easy mode 2 button smashing casters like now :(

Casters in proper 8v8 is hardly easymode, soooooooooo many interupts going off left and right:)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Casters in proper 8v8 is hardly easymode, soooooooooo many interupts going off left and right:)

Still doesn't change the fact caster are easy mode :p outside of 8v8 any noob can play a caster... look at horner, perfect example.

Valgyr

Fledgling Freddie
Still doesn't change the fact caster are easy mode :p outside of 8v8 any noob can play a caster... look at horner, perfect example.

Well boosting casters like they did was the death to pugs imo, as it was more profitable rp wise to run around with ur nuker and add and zerg then to form a semi decent grp. Only with a very good grp could you top the rps of playing like a retard and that is just plain wrong imo.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well boosting casters like they did was the death to pugs imo, as it was more profitable rp wise to run around with ur nuker and add and zerg then to form a semi decent grp. Only with a very good grp could you top the rps of playing like a retard and that is just plain wrong imo.

Lets just hope orgins isn't a repeat of it :p you know what mythic are like when it comes to a "classic" server *cough CAST SPEED cough*

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
BloodOmen calling Horner a shit caster...

Did you actually play with him?

enough of us played against him though. the one and only thing that made Horner "good" were his DI bot.

hell i beat him on my RR2 shammy in DF the one and only time i met him without it.

i stood on the last step at mid entrance and he was at the "doorway" trying to DOT me to death!

guess all his realm abilities and arties were on cooldown... >.<

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Hmm, might check this out... A little tired of mmo's though. Nothing will ever be as good as daoc once was.

Maddam Mim

Fledgling Freddie
wuut wuut wuut!!

Yea finally soemthing to do then :) Ill come back and see what old friends i can team up with yay :D

Siphon

Fledgling Freddie
I will be there, the moment it launches, with some friends from old Prydwen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom