DAOC new Server time OLD OF no TOA/DR/LOTM

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
DAOC new Server type OLD Frontiers no TOA/DR/LOTM

The Camelot Herald

To All Current, Former and Future players:

Would you be interested in playing on a new Dark Age of Camelot server that does the following?

* Brings back the Old Frontiers territory
* Brings back the old Keeps, Relics, and related systems
* Does not include the following systems or components:
o Master levels
o Champion levels
o Artifacts
o Minotaur Relics
o Champion weapons
o Mythirians
* Focuses on the "classic" zone territories that existed prior to the expansion packs
* Focuses mainly on the class types that existed prior to the expansion packs
* No buffbots, but rather a universally available buffing option

Answers:
I am a current subscriber and would play on this new server type.
I am a former subscriber and would come back to play on this new server type.
I am a current subscriber and enjoy where I play. I don't need a new server type.
I have not played Dark Age of Camelot, but I may check it out for this new server type.
Maybe.
No thanks.

If you have friends who might be interested in this type of server ruleset, have them stop by and answer the poll!

VOTE NOW DAMIT I WANT.!

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic finally admit they screwed the game up with all the expansions.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
sounds like I would pay to play on that server tho, Would like a few more details like what new or old drops, would there be SC?, etc would the new classes be in ? stuff like that OLd ra's ? old seige and more that I can think off.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Bit fucking late! If they did this now it would totally screw up the population for current players. If it was about 2 years ago I would've considered it.

This is what the current "classic" servers should've been like, however they've been bastardised by having no-ToA but having every single expansion after it though!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd play on it...as long as you dont have to wait 15 minutes to port into Frontiers lol.

I think they should have SI classes and zones but but anything after SI should be left out.

Mauness

Can't get enough of FH
yup ill go on it, and i also think everything upto and including SI.

id also like to miss out sc/alc though.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sweet. Maybe it was worth bying that US account :D

leviathane

Part of the furniture
would need more info, cos if it goes back to the old "olol we make svg grps to win" then no thanks.
And tbh i like toa abilities i just would prefer the old frontiers.

Lethul

FH is my second home
would need more info, cos if it goes back to the old "olol we make svg grps to win" then no thanks.
And tbh i like toa abilities i just would prefer the old frontiers.

You think savage groups would kill and alb kitegrp with sos/bof? :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Possibly if you could get intstant lvl 50 so I can drag some friends who've never played DAoC before. If I would go there without a grp? Doubt it.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Possibly if you could get intstant lvl 50 so I can drag some friends who've never played DAoC before. If I would go there without a grp? Doubt it.

You'd be more than welcome to join mine eventually :)

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Bah should check this section more often. Posted same thing on the rvr section, sowy :(

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
wont work in the long run tbh. it will be just like every other new server they open. popular as hell for the first few months, then ppl find out exactlky what the hell they are missing and go back to the old servers/quitting yet again.....

leaving Mythic with yet another abandoned server thats soaking up money better spent elsewhere.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
If Mythic did that, I'd reactivate my sub immediately.
Daoc has been an important part of my life and I'd drop every other game just to play on Excalibur in it's best days...remember when there were 2700+ players online on any given evening? :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Horse shit....4 years to late

stupid attempt to hold onto a few players because they know they have fucked WAR up and its going to be delayed again. Will work as well as the classic servers. Ie it will be full for a month then die coughing and spluttering.

Amiga

Can't get enough of FH
wont work in the long run tbh. it will be just like every other new server they open. popular as hell for the first few months, then ppl find out exactlky what the hell they are missing and go back to the old servers/quitting yet again.....

leaving Mythic with yet another abandoned server thats soaking up money better spent elsewhere.
Well the US classic servers is still the most popular servers over there.. That tells me that many people prefer non ToA servers.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Horse shit....4 years to late

stupid attempt to hold onto a few players because they know they have fucked WAR up and its going to be delayed again. Will work as well as the classic servers. Ie it will be full for a month then die coughing and spluttering.

You mean the high-action US classic servers or the EU ones? =)

That kind of server would be bullshit. You know, nostalgy is all cool and nice, but was it really better? The old RA's were totally unbalanced, mostly in favour of Hibernia. The game was much more focused around some FOTM classes and there wasn't a lot of group variation.

Let's face it, what people want is not some old game, but they want to get back some old things which were good. Or do you want the old Excalibur situation back, where Hib had all relics 90% of the time? Especially after the release of SI?

Frontiers:
- NF has a good-looking terrain, but it's hard to navigate
- NF has too much water and as we all know, water is totally buggy
- teleports allow the quick creation/movement of zergrushes, instead of supporting planned large-scale action

Keeps:
- the new keeps are kinda cool, but they're ugly (1.90+) and wide, which means zerg > tactics
- keeps are too important so every part of the frontier has action, which makes it hard to create some kind of small-scale area, like old Odin's and HW

Laby:
- an additional RvR-zone splits the RvR population too much
- myths aren't really a bad thing, personally I think they're a nice idea
- laby lags too much for most people, so it's no big fun, even if you have a rather good computer

In OF you could AC relics/keeps aswell, just...why should someone care for a few keeps? I think the problem is, that on a big server people can move around too fast and on a small server there is not enough to do for the population. On the big servers you can have one group rolled over by a zerg just cause they ported to a keep nearby, on a small server you can run around the big zones for ages without even meeting someone.

Scale is simply a huge problem nowadays and I really think, that NF is good, but needs another revamp. Agramon is nice, but I think it has too many hills ^^
Basically I think that the portal keeps should be reintroduced, cause they gave the possibility to have a rather quick access to the enemy frontier without causing too much trouble compared to now when some realm uses a normal keep as access. You'll always have trouble between those who want to retake the keep and those who want iRvR.

So as conclusion I think that the two outer keeps of each realm should be changed to portalkeeps and the whole NF-region flattened a lot. Additionally, diving should be impossible in NF and waterspeed increased to 100% for everyone.

The universal buff pot idea is nice, but then druids/selfbuffers/vamps need something in return. The overall buff concept sux anyways ^^

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
How about some char copy service for European servers, further clustering of European servers, a multi-lingual client, cancelment of GoA as European DAoC provider as they utterly failed, fixing of exisiting server types instead of fragmenting the player base further with silly ideas?

I see an annoucement coming up on GoA's site soon, Liechtenstein getting a new server.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I see an annoucement coming up on GoA's site soon, Liechtenstein getting a new server.

It would be full of BND members trying to find information about illegal money transfers :p

/reg Offer PL for confidential bank account info

or

/reg Offer PL for "this" kind of CD's

:p

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
I'd sign up immediately.
It'd be nice if Mythic implemented a dual subscription WAR + DaoC.
Like SOE did for EQ 1 and 2 at a moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom