DAOC meets Crysis engine

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
The idea of a Daoc game...using the Crysis engine...it makes me sad there will (probably) never be a DaoC 2...

Fast

Part of the furniture
Saw this earlier today from Sneakers. Just giv!

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
I think the beauty of daoc has been decent gameplay that will still be playable without hardcore machines, even back in the day most computers could handle Zerg fights in one way or another. If daoc2 does appear I hope the keep it a decent game without feeling the need to go ott on graphics( aoc anyone?)

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
why make it so pretty(gfx), it's all about how the games fells, the flow and funny factor, dont give toss about how good the grafic's looks, hell am still using the old gfx for daoc ! =p

- English -

Resident Freddy
quite amazing... they should make a shard using it to see what its like ;]

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I wonder how it would cope with 100+ characters on the screen at the same time... :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
why make it so pretty(gfx), it's all about how the games fells, the flow and funny factor, dont give toss about how good the grafic's looks, hell am still using the old gfx for daoc ! =p

all they need to do is update the movement and the game will have several more years of life imo.

imagine the utter pwn if Mythic would copy how the characters move from WoW.

the fights would flow so much nicer.

Zita

Fledgling Freddie
all they need to do is update the movement and the game will have several more years of life imo.

imagine the utter pwn if Mythic would copy how the characters move from WoW.

the fights would flow so much nicer.

tbh leave daoc how it was 3 years ago + that gfx enginge = win

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Id like to have OF with Champion Levels + armour only :p

then we would all be running around in uber epic stuff! :D

Stick Labby and Toa imo

Manda

Regular Freddie
according to the makes it wasn't. 2 - 3 days worth of work only.

so maybe a few weeks to do everything?

About 3 days to build php script to convert x/y coordinates and script to make height map :)
One 3d model takes like 5-10min to convert to crysis. (just model, no anim or anything else)
I have few more older sshots and videos in my blog Silakka

For future, I have few minor tweaks added already .. also trying to learn more how things working in Crysis :)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
Yep,created those.
At start I played with Manda named Hunter in Merlin and later Sorc in Lancelot with Silakka name :)

Mythic should givf you a job man :D I almost cried when i saw it :worthy:

EA givf us DAOC 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

klasa

Loyal Freddie
Man hearing that tune almost made me cry at the office

Manda

Regular Freddie
Pushed few new screen shots in Blog
Silakka

Thought is not any major thing, it's more like fine tuning to get things look ok and get FPS up (currently 60-120 with Win7) :)
Also it's bit hard to get trees correctly as Mythic not using same size for all trees and scale those like more of Crysis trees.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Wow Manda.. I just shed a tear! That was so beautiful! I really miss that place! Wish you could be on the design team for daoc

Please enable your rep so I can boost you, because you deserve it

10/10

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic should take the hint. DAoC could be made to look as good as other modern mmo's with minimal work :) very nice job

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
imo just send what u've already done to EA and/or Mythic and explain how you did it. as its unlikely that they will do anything if you don't.

the worst that can happen is that they ignore it. but what it they actually take it seriously?

it will be a small chance sure, but its better then nothing :)

/edit: even better, send it to that bioware dude that took over the show as the old folks at Mythic probably wont be that interested in new stuff :)

Manda

Regular Freddie
Also remember that I didn't add any extra features from Crysis, this is just how it is after conversion.
Trees are from Crysis, everything else is converted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom