Corporal Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Can you explain your point, I can't really see it myself.

Well how about YOU explain YOUR point?

It seems yours is under scrutiny, not mine..Read my previous posts for a detailed and supported opinion.

Seems your opinions are based on a whim

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, and my opinions just after being a victim of crime doesn't matter?

If this arse is planning to be a policeman, then he should get a grip of his/her own emotions.

He needs to have a grip on his emotions while on the job, coming on to freddyshouse and venting after being the victim of a crime is hardly anything to be concerned about.

As for you, if you think that a person should not be in a state of high emotion before he posts, then tell HIM that.

I've no problem with whatever emotional state people are in when they post.

If YOU got raped, would you have to think about what sentence you gave to the offender?

I've not really thought about how I'd feel if I got raped, but if someone close to me was I'd probably want a few hours in a room with the guy who did it, hostel style. That doesn't mean that it should be legal for me to drill holes in to criminals.

If you got burgled, would you wait until you calmed down before you called the police?
Of course not! Your initial instinct would be the most powerful and most correct..

That smacks of quasi-religious thinking. "It feels right therefore it is right". Absolutely reason or logic to back it up, WHY would the initial and most powerful instinct be the most correct? If we're following that logic then why not allow victims of adultery to cut off the bollocks of the bloke your wife cheated with, I expect that's the initial instinct for a lot of people.

Seems your opinions are based on a whim

That's quite amusing given the fact that you appear to believe that instinct reactions are correct.

Mey

Part of the furniture
My opinion in this thread is pretty consitant. I'll break it down for you.

Corporal punishment = bad.

Capital punishment = more expensive than life sentence.

If Capital punishment = expensive, it is likely that so is corporal punishment.

Disablement as a form of punishment = lesser argument in penological theory.

Punishment for sole deterent means = bad, you end up punishing for the sake of detering crime rather than punishing because someone has commited a wrongful act.

CJS doesn't do anything for the victim (agreed)

Prison doesn't work (agreed)

Harsh punishments do not achieve their obejectives. Stand to make bad people worse.

I don't know how to fix the problem of crime, as If I did I wouldn't be arguing with you, I'd be making millions.

That help?

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
He needs to have a grip on his emotions while on the job, coming on to freddyshouse and venting after being the victim of a crime is hardly anything to be concerned about.

Well, it is if he is trying to base an opinion on judicial law! And the fact that he is basing his opinions on his training to date.

Me neither, just don't change your mind half way through a discussion.

I've not really thought about how I'd feel if I got raped, but if someone close to me was I'd probably want a few hours in a room with the guy who did it, hostel style. That doesn't mean that it should be legal for me to drill holes in to criminals.

Drill holes? And you would like to meter your OWN punishment?
You too are talking out your arse, and a hypocrite.

That smacks of quasi-religious thinking. "It feels right therefore it is right". Absolutely reason or logic to back it up, WHY would the initial and most powerful instinct be the most correct? If we're following that logic then why not allow victims of adultery to cut off the bollocks of the bloke your wife cheated with, I expect that's the initial instinct for a lot of people.

Well, you just undermined your own argument. Why would you want to dish out your own punishment to a close family member who got raped?

That's quite amusing given the fact that you appear to believe that instinct reactions are correct.

Yes it IS quite amusing that you shat on your own logic :lol:

Mey

Part of the furniture
I'm starting to think that ned is some Elaborate troll sent to vex us all.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Well, Ned is me..

Who the fuck are you meant to be?

Opinions on topic?

NO?

Then leave, unless Mey is your BFF ofc :lol:

this is Cornokz!
but are you sure you really want to know ?
these's no going back you know ?
once you know, you know, you know ?
ok then, dont say i didna warn ya
rambo5.jpg

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Well, it is if he is trying to base an opinion on judicial law! And the fact that he is basing his opinions on his training to date.

Me neither, just don't change your mind half way through a discussion.

Well, you just undermined your own argument. Why would you want to dish out your own punishment to a close family member who got raped?

That's quite amusing given the fact that you appear to believe that instinct reactions are correct.[/QUOTE]
Yes it IS quite amusing that you shat on your own logic :lol:

Mey

Part of the furniture

I had to reply to this bit, because it made me lol. You do realise the post I made re: not caring about what we did with criminals was made over a year ago? Before I had even started to apply for the police force or study penology at great length?

I don't even know why I'm trying to justify myself to you, you sound like the type of person I wouldn't want to asociate with anyway.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
My opinion in this thread is pretty consitant. I'll break it down for you.

Corporal punishment = bad.

Capital punishment = more expensive than life sentence.

If Capital punishment = expensive, it is likely that so is corporal punishment.

Disablement as a form of punishment = lesser argument in penological theory.

Punishment for sole deterent means = bad, you end up punishing for the sake of detering crime rather than punishing because someone has commited a wrongful act.

CJS doesn't do anything for the victim (agreed)

Prison doesn't work (agreed)

Harsh punishments do not achieve their obejectives. Stand to make bad people worse.

I don't know how to fix the problem of crime, as If I did I wouldn't be arguing with you, I'd be making millions.

That help?

Well, no it's not.

Read it through

Olgaline

FH is my second home
but this seems plausible tbh, a quote from another thread,
so somewhat douting the Student room theory, but eh /shrug
test his daoc knowlage abit ;) and you might find your answer

Haha, yes I suppose you are right!

Although it was quite difficult at times to find a group to play with.
And I seldom made it beyond 01.00 before i faceplanted my keyboard

also

Mey

Part of the furniture
Are nightshades the mightiest of casters in Hibernia?

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
I had to reply to this bit, because it made me lol. You do realise the post I made re: not caring about what we did with criminals was made over a year ago? Before I had even started to apply for the police force or study penology at great length?

I don't even know why I'm trying to justify myself to you, you sound like the type of person I wouldn't want to asociate with anyway.

Well, you agree that your opinion changes?

Mine hasn't. I still stand by my opinions, even if you don't

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well, you agree that your opinion changes?

Mine hasn't. I still stand by my opinions, even if you don't

The fact your opinon doesn't change over time is not something to be proud of, it shows that you are unwilling to let sense take control of your life.

You don't seem to be making much sense tonight despite all my effort to help you out so as a consequence this thread is now about goats!
goat_1.jpg

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
The fact your opinon doesn't change over time is not something to be proud of, it shows that you are unwilling to let sense take control of your life.

You don't seem to be making much sense tonight despite all my effort to help you out so as a consequence this thread is now about goats!

goat_1.jpg

Obviously you appear to be out of coherent retorts, so I'll assume that you cannot back up your differing opinions.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Why argue with a brick wall when I can have fun posting goats?

SassyGoatMilkSoap.jpg

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
chill you two, it late, now kiss and make up, so we can all go to bed!

Thanks for your input Oglaline, for what it was worth.

I want to see Mey duck and dive some more as I press him about his opinions.. To see if they change again.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Can you actually post how my opinion has changed? I can't honestly see how it has? Other than me saying I don't care anymore?

goat.jpg

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
I did already.. You just chose to try and change the subject.

ANyway, here it is again..

Fed up of the way this fucking country works, random muggings, assaults, theft's..

Fuck the whole "a society is judged on the treatment of it's criminals." I don't give a flying, lock em' up, and lets never see them again!

(yes im pissed off, takes the piss when you can't even walk up your own road without getting attacked and "jacked" [as the "cool" kids like to call it])

For once mind, the police have impressed me, almost immediate response, statements taken within the hour etc.. (though it would take the mickey if they didn't seeing as they only "live" down the road!)

Remember this, Mey?
Lol you two faced cnut

Remember now?

nath

Fledgling Freddie

I would want to dish out the punishment to whoever raped said family member, I've read and re-read what I wrote and I can't see how you took it to mean that I'd want to punish the victim, my family member.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Yes Ned I remeber posting that, but as I said before how is that a difference of Opinion? I'm still not advocating Corporal Punishment!? (which is what I have been arguing against in this thread.).

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
I would want to dish out the punishment to whoever raped said family member, I've read and re-read what I wrote and I can't see how you took it to mean that I'd want to punish the victim, my family member.

You quoted me as saying what you said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom