Corporal Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Yes Ned I remeber posting that, but as I said before how is that a difference of Opinion? I'm still not advocating Corporal Punishment!? (which is what I have been arguing against in this thread.).

Well,

The fact that you want to use it (Corporal punishment) as a deterence destroys the proper functioning of a judicial process, if detterence is the end it is unimportant whether an individual has committed a crime because the punishment is there purely to re-educate and sway those who may have commite such crimes from a "similar" path. In this sense you aren't punishing the crime because it is bad, you are punishing it to stop people from acting in a similar way. Thats not justice, thats madness.

Fed up of the way this fucking country works, random muggings, assaults, theft's..

Fuck the whole "a society is judged on the treatment of it's criminals." I don't give a flying, lock em' up, and lets never see them again!

(yes im pissed off, takes the piss when you can't even walk up your own road without getting attacked and "jacked" [as the "cool" kids like to call it])

Both your quotes

?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Ned I really don't have a clue what you are trying to "point" out or prove, so I'm going to leave you now. I look forward to reading this thread in the morning as it has been entertaining so far.

I'll leave you with a classic:

base2.png

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Ned I really don't have a clue what you are trying to "point" out or prove, so I'm going to leave you now. I look forward to reading this thread in the morning as it has been entertaining so far.

I'll leave you with a classic:

base2.png

Ok, no doubt you will have another opinion in the morning. Maybe some goat pictures to deflect the fact that your opinions are fickle.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe you will get bummed in the night by Elton John. Then come back and rant on for while about how rapists should be locked up for life..

But once you have calmed down, you will realise that it wasn't so bad after all.

:lol:

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah that was a mistake on my part, misquoted.

Ned

Fledgling Freddie
He needs to have a grip on his emotions while on the job, coming on to freddyshouse and venting after being the victim of a crime is hardly anything to be concerned about.

I've no problem with whatever emotional state people are in when they post.

I've not really thought about how I'd feel if I got raped, but if someone close to me was I'd probably want a few hours in a room with the guy who did it, hostel style. That doesn't mean that it should be legal for me to drill holes in to criminals.

That smacks of quasi-religious thinking. "It feels right therefore it is right". Absolutely reason or logic to back it up, WHY would the initial and most powerful instinct be the most correct? If we're following that logic then why not allow victims of adultery to cut off the bollocks of the bloke your wife cheated with, I expect that's the initial instinct for a lot of people.

That's quite amusing given the fact that you appear to believe that instinct reactions are correct.

Actually I think you misquoted me, I did not say all of that statement

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I think you misquoted me, I did not say all of that statement
Be specific, where exactly did I misquote? Keeping in mind "It feels right therefore it is right" wasn't a quote, but a demonstration of a certain way of thinking that I feel you've demonstrated.

Mey

Part of the furniture
You seem to be making a meal out of this one ned so lets break down the two quotes into easier chunks. Heres one of the posts.

The fact that you want to use it (Corporal punishment) as a deterence destroys the proper functioning of a judicial process, if detterence is the end it is unimportant whether an individual has committed a crime because the punishment is there purely to re-educate and sway those who may have commite such crimes from a "similar" path. In this sense you aren't punishing the crime because it is bad, you are punishing it to stop people from acting in a similar way. Thats not justice, thats madness.

Ok so in this quote i'm talking about how punishment needs to be a three fold sytstem, justice, deterrence and rehabilitation. If you use punishment purely to deter crime then you are destroying said "three fold" system. You seem to want to use Corporal Punishment purely to deter people (hence why I have said this).

Fed up of the way this fucking country works, random muggings, assaults, theft's..

Fuck the whole "a society is judged on the treatment of it's criminals." I don't give a flying, lock em' up, and lets never see them again!

(yes im pissed off, takes the piss when you can't even walk up your own road without getting attacked and "jacked" [as the "cool" kids like to call it])

Here I am angry after just being mugged, I'm talking about Apathy for the treatment of criminals, I stated in my anger that I'd like to see them all locked up and never seen again. I then ranted about how kids call mugging jacking.

Notice that there isn't really a different opinion here, because I am talking about two different things entirely?

tierk

Part of the furniture
You seem to be making a meal....

Sorry i seem to remember this thread that is being quoted and i would like to read it for myself without having to read throough 1 billion other threads. Any chance of a link to this thread?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I still think turn prisions to work camps make serving time hard work take away everything but what you have to provide and then make them work for every thing else. So you get a crap matress crap food and water only for free. If you work you can rent better matress a radio buy better food ect.

You also need to fix jobs when cons come out though as the standard excuse for reoffending seems to be money. Maybe use them for local Council work hard to monitor i know but people will only take so many knockbacks before deciding crime is easier again.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Random prison trivia, they used to make prisoners do useless exercise for most of the day ages ago, its where the term "screws" comes from because one of the exercises could be made harder by the prison warden turning the screw tighter.

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
*sigh*

Deleted some of the post and I think it's better off if I just close the thread.

Could have been a good discussion but again people just can't seem to stop slinging shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom