Politics Coronavirus

SilverHood

FH is my second home
I found an earlier appoinment, so I had my 1st shot this weekend, Moderna vaccine. Second shot mid May. Should be fully vaccinated in time for summer. I need a beach holiday so badly!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think I had it early last year (in bed for about 3 days, barely functional for over a week, and I am not one to suffer with flu or colds) but have no real way of knowing one way or the other and even if I knew for certain I did, it is over a year now so a booster would be required anyway (i'm having both does to be sure, second in a few weeks) There are plenty to go around and people are being given doses to a schedule, there is very little reason to not get a jab at this point.

See this is what I'm struggling to get my head round, this concept of an immunity booster. Whilst antibodies eventually decay if there's no point in keeping them around, your body remembers how to make them, and you T-Cells remember how to kill the virus itself, even after a fairly significant mutation (in CV terms anyway, remember they are far more stable than flu generally speaking).

For the vulnerable - a la flu shot - then yes I get that - but for healthy people? Seems bordering on an unnecessary medical intervention to me? Sort of like taking anti-inflammatories when there's nothing wrong with you?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
See this is what I'm struggling to get my head round, this concept of an immunity booster. Whilst antibodies eventually decay if there's no point in keeping them around, your body remembers how to make them, and you T-Cells remember how to kill the virus itself, even after a fairly significant mutation (in CV terms anyway, remember they are far more stable than flu generally speaking).

For the vulnerable - a la flu shot - then yes I get that - but for healthy people? Seems bordering on an unnecessary medical intervention to me? Sort of like taking anti-inflammatories when there's nothing wrong with you?
You been talking to david ike?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Speaking as someone who regularly gets shared David Icke content on Facebook from old school-friends I'd say not.

When Bodhi starts telling us about Bill Gates' alien technology from Jew-space then I'll worry :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So you didn't have access to all the information, but decided to tell me what was what about my medical situation anyway?

As I said, wind yer neck in, ta.
Or you could just answer the question honestly.

By saying "no, I'm just guessing".

Either way - they still want you to get a jab - so go get it? It takes minutes and you can still be a spreader through second infection. Covid jabs help protect against spreading - so if you give a shit about other people, go get the jab.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Globally cases are also on the increase.

I just don't understand the logic behind not helping to protect yourself when it's your slot. Chances are it will go in the bin if not used anyway, if they can't get people in last minute.

Bodhi

What for knowing how the human immune system works? Hardly, it's just that old fashioned concept called "informed consent", and I'm getting more information before I consent to medical treatment. Considering I've only just started being able to poo again after the last lot of medical treatment I had (two weeks on elephant strength co-codamol), I'm not going to rush into another one just yet. Especially one with next to zero benefit tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What for knowing how the human immune system works? Hardly, it's just that old fashioned concept called "informed consent", and I'm getting more information before I consent to medical treatment. Considering I've only just started being able to poo again after the last lot of medical treatment I had (two weeks on elephant strength co-codamol), I'm not going to rush into another one just yet. Especially one with next to zero benefit tbh.

So have you had a test then?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Impressive how they can be so sure when the average backlog at coroners these days is somewhere between 6 and 12 months.
Cause if you read it, its on the first lockdown. Which was about 12 months ago ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
For explaining how perfectly health people have died from this even though their immune system was fine.

Im on 60mg co-codamol up to 4 times a day. Its not that bad. At least not for me.

Your choice.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

What happened to mental health crusader Bodhi? Oh right pubs are open so now you once again dont give a shit :clap:

Bodhi

For explaining how perfectly health people have died from this even though their immune system was fine.

Im on 60mg co-codamol up to 4 times a day. Its not that bad. At least not for me.

Your choice.

Your last statement should be bang on, however with all the chat about vaccine passports and other coercive measures I really don't think it is if I'm honest :)

Anyway yes I have done the fingerprick AB test and that came back positive, won't be valid for any vaccine passport or any other dysptopian nonsense as it would have to be the proper blood test for that. From talking to my GP getting one of those on the NHS is damn near impossible, they just push you towards the vaccine instead. Sadly we aren't as advanced as Sweden, who have rolled out T-Cell testing now, but then they take Public Health a bit more seriously over there.

I'm probably 80% likely to have it as I need it for travel, just getting the info I can before making a decision, as I usually do. Must admit of all the threads I've discussed this one, the arguments to get it on here have sucked majorly - "just get the jab" probably isn't the most persuasive argument I've seen, but luckily other parts of the internet still do reasoned discussion :)

Bodhi

What happened to mental health crusader Bodhi? Oh right pubs are open so now you once again dont give a shit :clap:

Well clearly now the pubs are open, all the mental health issues we are stacking up will just melt away, and there will be absolutely no consequences from the business destruction, joblessness, forced isolation for 12 months etc. People will just spring back to March 2020 and all will be fine.

You melt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"just get the jab" probably isn't the most persuasive argument I've seen
The "get the jab to save other people's lives" argument has been made and you ignored it. Because you really don't give a shit about other people.

all the mental health issues we are stacking
Didn't exist in terms of suicides. As time has proven.

Face it. You've been wrong since minute one. You're still wrong now. Go get the fucking jab and potentially save other people's lives.

Bodhi

The "get the jab to save other people's lives" argument has been made and you ignored it. Because you really don't give a shit about other people.

Face it. You've been wrong since minute one. You're still wrong now. Go get the fucking jab and potentially save other people's lives.

That's because it's a bullshit argument frankly - if people want to protect themselves from infection and they haven't previously been infected, there is a jab available for them.

Oh and early surveillance reports aren't proof you blithering idiot, as the suicide picture won't be known until later on this year at the very earliest - for LD1. We've had two others since then remember. However being called wrong by someone who still thinks Lockdowns saved millions of lives, is deeply amusing.

I shall pass on the jab for now however. So ner.

//edit - mostly as antibody response in those previously infected is looking pretty damned robust - First detailed analysis of immune response to SARS-CoV-2 bodes well for COVID-19 vaccine development

Interesting that cross-reactivity has reared it ugly head again too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Suicides just the extreme end of mental illness. The post i put only showed season one of lockdown. Jurys still out for 2 and 3.

and i dont think theres a doubt about a decrease in the populations mental health as a whole over the last year.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yep, caused by being locked down.

The more people vaccinated, the sooner we can ease restrictions. If every selfish tard didn't get the jab we would end up having another wave like many other places are experiencing. We absolutely can't do another 6 months, a year, 2 years of this shit.

So...get vaccinated, go back to semi-normal. Improve mental health.

You just need to see what a mess mainland Europe is in at the moment to see what happens if you don't vaccinate. Cases are going up again, not down.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
1 in 5 adults have now had both jabs. Good going!

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I'm starting to get more than slightly annoyed by people thinking the vaccine makes them bulletproof to catching and indeed spreading the virus.
Sometimes it's almost as if people don't do research themselves.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It hugely reduces the risk of infection and the chances of getting serious complications. We have been in the same state of lockdown for months now and even in full lockdown the numbers were creeping up, or at least stagnating at high levels. The only thing that has changed is the fact that we are actually bothering to vaccinate and both new infections and deaths are falling.

No it's not a magic bullet, but it's enough to stop living like a recluse. What would you prefer? Spending the rest of your life in your house? This shit is with us now, an additional unavoidable risk, not much we can do about that, but we can make life liveable.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Personally, I would much prefer people stopped acting like utter spastics. Yes get the vaccine when offered, but before, during and afterwards maintain social distancing face coverings indoors and any other measure you might deem necessary.
The amount of images I saw over the weekend of 20/30 somethings crammed around a pub bench "enjoying" a beer was fucking distressing. Never mind that most people have no fucking idea how far 2 metres is.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I had a young lady came in to my place of work today, she was asked to stand behind the lines on the floor to keep everyone 2m away, she wasn't capable of doing that. When reminded several times to stand back or she wouldn't be served she said " I'll be glad when this is all over at the end of June".
Needless to say she's lucky she didn't get a smack in the face with a wooden pallet.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Personally, I would much prefer people stopped acting like utter spastics. Yes get the vaccine when offered, but before, during and afterwards maintain social distancing face coverings indoors and any other measure you might deem necessary.
The amount of images I saw over the weekend of 20/30 somethings crammed around a pub bench "enjoying" a beer was fucking distressing. Never mind that most people have no fucking idea how far 2 metres is.

Oh yeah, I agree completely. But there has to be a point that we do come out of this with some sort of normality or there is no point to anything, and we will never be rid of this shit fully.

I was at work today and some random truck driver from NL thought he could wander into the building without a mask then got funny when told to mask up or fuck off.

*not that masks stop it fully, just reducing the risk, which is all we can do.

Last edited:

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah, I agree completely. But there has to be a point that we do come out of this with some sort of normality or there is no point to anything, and we will never be rid of this shit fully.
If you think this will end with us going back to life like 2019, I think you are very much mistaken. And "this shit" is here to stay.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Most 20 to 30s havent been jabbed either

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Suicides just the extreme end of mental illness. The post i put only showed season one of lockdown. Jurys still out for 2 and 3.

and i dont think theres a doubt about a decrease in the populations mental health as a whole over the last year.
Completely different argument - and one I have repeatedly acknowledged.

Suicides are easy to measure. Already did this earlier in the thread with professionals examining the data up until August (I think). They showed a lower rate of suicide this year as opposed to others.

Other mental health issues? Frankly, whilst I absolutely agree it's not nice and we've all been affected one way or another. But compared to actual death? Don't care. In fact, zero fucks. I can take feeling bad for other people not dying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom