Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't know why you two want to fight.

@Yoni's point about not wanting to take an injection that could give her a clot is fair, because she can take Pfizer, so why take additional risk?

@Raven's point that covid is way more dangerous than a tiny clot risk is also fair - and in an absence of alternatives you'd be fucking stupid not to take it.

But there are alternatives. So no problem, right?

The only question is - would @Yoni take AZ in the absence of alternatives, given the facts that a) covid is wayyyyy more dangerous than clot risk and b) you're clearly very risk averse.

It's a hypothetical question (and kinda pointless) but I guess that's what raven's driving at. Because if you're rational, the answer is unequivocally "yes, of course" - and if "no" then "oops loony" :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The problem is supply. If everyone only wants the Pfizer jab and refuses to take the others then it will slow down the entire process and cause more deaths, mental health issues, damage to economies etc.

For many industries they are just starting up for the season, holidays, dining out, just being out and about in the nice weather, spending. I doubt many firms can handle another 6 months-a year of this, which means more companies going down the pan, more unemployment.

There is a way out, one that carries very little risk compared to 'luxury risks' flying, smoking, taking the pill.

If countries are happy to see this roll on and on and on, that then fine, carry on.

Last edited:

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Don't know why you two want to fight.

@Yoni's point about not wanting to take an injection that could give her a clot is fair, because she can take Pfizer, so why take additional risk?

@Raven's point that covid is way more dangerous than a tiny clot risk is also fair - and in an absence of alternatives you'd be fucking stupid not to take it.

But there are alternatives. So no problem, right?

The only question is - would @Yoni take AZ in the absence of alternatives, given the facts that a) covid is wayyyyy more dangerous than clot risk and b) you're clearly very risk averse.

It's a hypothetical question (and kinda pointless) but I guess that's what raven's driving at. Because if you're rational, the answer is unequivocally "yes, of course" - and if "no" then "oops loony" :)
As I have lived, am living in one of the most open covid societies for the last 14 months... no I would not take it at this time.... not looney however.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As I have lived, am living in one of the most open covid societies for the last 14 months... no I would not take it at this time.... not looney however.
Yeah, sorry...

But I still love ya ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wife had hers tonight, was given the Moderna one.

Over 40s will all have had second jabs by July and most over 20s will have had first.

Amazing work by the NHS and great to see so many people doing the right thing and getting vaccinated.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lots of people vote for Tory or Labour because that is all they have ever done, regardless of policy.

I don't mind admitting I used to be a Tory voter, especially in the days of Blair. I have voted Labour in the last couple of elections, not because I agree with all of what they say or want but because I think the Tories are full of shit, even more so in the last decade.

Next election, as it stands, it will likely be Green. Not that I think they have any chance of winning anything, for the reason that people either vote for the same party for life, or think the small parties have no hope.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Just had my invite through for my first jab, not taking them up on their offer just yet tbh. My natural antibodies/immune response > monkey snot induced immune response.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Just had my invite through for my first jab, not taking them up on their offer just yet tbh. My natural antibodies/immune response > monkey snot induced immune response.

Have you had an anti bodies test?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Have you told them that so someone else can have it?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He doesn't know he's had it, he *thinks* he's had it (unless he's had an antibody test and hasn't told us about it). Don't take the bait.

Bodhi

Have you told them that so someone else can have it?

It's just the automated text from my GP at this point, no confirmed appointment, just call them and they will set one up - although if there was a "Send mine to someone who needs it" option I'd go for that. I will get jabbed eventually as will need it for travel, however all I can see currently is a couple of days in bed feeling rough, and as I'm just recovering from 2 weeks barely able to get out of bed with Costochondritis, I could kind of do with catching up at work first.

Bodhi

He doesn't know he's had it, he *thinks* he's had it (unless he's had an antibody test and hasn't told us about it). Don't take the bait.

Unless you have access to my medical records and conversations with my GP, I would suggest you wind your neck in tbh.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Unless you have access to my medical records and conversations with my GP, I would suggest you wind your neck in tbh.
What I have access to is you saying you had it because you think you had some of the symptoms and anecdotal (to us) conversations with friends who apparently reinforced your opinion.

Either way, people who have had it are still recommended to get at least one dose of a vaccine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We absolutely need to start helping countries that cannot help themselves. Especially now that we are very nearly through this mess.

I'm back in the office full time next week, had enough of this working from home bollocks.

Bodhi

What I have access to is you saying you had it because you think you had some of the symptoms and anecdotal (to us) conversations with friends who apparently reinforced your opinion.

Either way, people who have had it are still recommended to get at least one dose of a vaccine.

So you didn't have access to all the information, but decided to tell me what was what about my medical situation anyway?

As I said, wind yer neck in, ta.

Bodhi

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I think I had it early last year (in bed for about 3 days, barely functional for over a week, and I am not one to suffer with flu or colds) but have no real way of knowing one way or the other and even if I knew for certain I did, it is over a year now so a booster would be required anyway (i'm having both does to be sure, second in a few weeks) There are plenty to go around and people are being given doses to a schedule, there is very little reason to not get a jab at this point.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Never had it we got socially allergic for the last 12 months so managed to avoid. Jab tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom