Politics Coronavirus

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Well least I can finally go to bed after picking up my sister from A&E.

She has been coughing for a couple of weeks hence why she had that covid test the other week which turned up negative, so the doctor gave her some antibiotics since she had pleurisy in the past. They weren't working so they gave her stronger ones the other day but she got so bad this evening she rang 111 who after some questions decided to send an ambulance.

Once the ambulance arrived they checked her over and wanted to get in contact with an out of hours GP, sadly they couldn't so had to take her to hospital. In essence it seems they try where possible to keep people out of A&E.

So 4 hours after going in and with a Covid test, blood gasses, ECG, xray later all negative they stuck her on a nebuliser and put it down to another virus. She has to contact her GP to get something to put in a nebuliser at home and get plenty of rest.

Fun, fun, fun.
Hope she recovers quickly Embattle :|

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well least I can finally go to bed after picking up my sister from A&E.

She has been coughing for a couple of weeks hence why she had that covid test the other week which turned up negative, so the doctor gave her some antibiotics since she had pleurisy in the past. They weren't working so they gave her stronger ones the other day but she got so bad this evening she rang 111 who after some questions decided to send an ambulance.

Once the ambulance arrived they checked her over and wanted to get in contact with an out of hours GP, sadly they couldn't so had to take her to hospital. In essence it seems they try where possible to keep people out of A&E.

So 4 hours after going in and with a Covid test, blood gasses, ECG, xray later all negative they stuck her on a nebuliser and put it down to another virus. She has to contact her GP to get something to put in a nebuliser at home and get plenty of rest.

Fun, fun, fun.

Hope she recovers quickly!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yep @Raven. (Apart from the xmas bit).

Early hard lockdown of a few weeks. Close the borders. Like France - you need to fill a form out to leave your house.

That should reduce the numbers dramatically, then you ensure your track and trace is very robust.

Oh. Wait.

To be fair, the approach you suggest worked a treat in Peru.

Oh. Wait.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair, the approach you suggest worked a treat in Peru.
It's twice you've brought up Peru now, because poverty stricken fuctionally incomparable countries are what we should look to. :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Thanks all. My sister is still coughing a lot and waiting on GP prescription, she said the hospital was very organised. Firstly as stated they only seem to take you there if really required, secondly they kept her away from others once at hospital, thirdly the cleaning operation seems well organised so after each person the area gets thoroughly cleaned and lastly they constantly change bits of PPE after seeing people.

Bodhi

It's twice you've brought up Peru now, because poverty stricken fuctionally incomparable countries are what we should look to. :)

They're the obvious example, given they're currently the worst affected country. I could pick out a few more if you like? Sort of like Belgium, Spain, Chile, Argentina?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They're the obvious example, given they're currently the worst affected country.
Stoke, yesterday.

Peruvian%20Market.jpg

so yes, I guess Peru IS directly comparable.

I stand corrected

Bodhi

Stoke, yesterday.

Peruvian%20Market.jpg

so yes, I guess Peru IS directly comparable.

I stand corrected

I'm guessing that's what it will look like after another lockdown yes.

Bodhi

Whaddaya mean after??

In which case I'll bow to your superior knowledge of Stoke - considering I have been there once in the last 2 years, and that was when the M6 was shut.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive tested positive for Covid. Feels just like a head cold at the moment but without the snotty nose.
Hopefully it doesnt get worse.

Embattle

FH is my second home
@dysfunction hopefully it follow what in reality makes up the majority of the cases and progress without too many problems.

Out of interest any idea how you might of got it? What process did you use App, phone, etc?
Anyone else now getting test because of your positive?

My sister managed to talk to the GP today, they called her in since the A&E notes lacked detail and wanted to check themselves. Now although she has had 3 negatives for covid they still treated her as if she might have out of an abundance of caution since the GP said you can get false negatives. She was taken to a special room via a back door, the GP was in full PPE. In the end they still think she has a chest virus, it should pass in time but she can use a nebuliser as well to help. Naturally they said call 111/999 if it gets a lot worse or call the GP next week if no improvement.

As earlier mention my mum had knee replacement surgery yesterday and was released today, again she reinforced what my sister said about the cleanliness of her room and the staff at the same time as their professionalism.

Yoni

Ive tested positive for Covid. Feels just like a head cold at the moment but without the snotty nose.
I have heard that you get very tired even if you have less symptoms so please rest and drink lots of water to stay hydrated *hugs*

Yoni

Today there ahve been new "recommendations" in Sweden

- Refrain from being in indoor environments such as shops, shopping centres, museums, libraries, swimming pools and gyms. Necessary visits to for example grocery stores and pharmacies are ok.
- Refrain from attending, for example, meetings, concerts, performances, sports training, matches and competitions. This advisory does not apply to sports training for children born 2005 or later.
- If possible avoid physical contact with people other than those you live with. According to the Public Health Agency, this includes for example attending or throwing a party or similar social gatherings.

So I have spent my evening informing my departments that they must stay home from work until 19th November minimum.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
@dysfunction hopefully it follow what in reality makes up the majority of the cases and progress without too many problems.

Out of interest any idea how you might of got it? What process did you use App, phone, etc?
Anyone else now getting test because of your positive?

My sister managed to talk to the GP today, they called her in since the A&E notes lacked detail and wanted to check themselves. Now although she has had 3 negatives for covid they still treated her as if she might have out of an abundance of caution since the GP said you can get false negatives. She was taken to a special room via a back door, the GP was in full PPE. In the end they still think she has a chest virus, it should pass in time but she can use a nebuliser as well to help. Naturally they said call 111/999 if it gets a lot worse or call the GP next week if no improvement.

As earlier mention my mum had knee replacement surgery yesterday and was released today, again she reinforced what my sister said about the cleanliness of her room and the staff at the same time as their professionalism.

I got it via my son's 11+ tutor (friend of ex wife) on Thursday. She found out on weekend that she was positive. On Sunday I started feeling a bit ill. On Monday found out from tutor that she had it so I ordered test Monday night. Took the test Tuesday night when it arrived and got results today.

Luckily I don't go anywhere much these days so only people I was in contact with was the ex and the kids since Thursday.

Not received a single Track and Trace call though while ex has received several calls.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Get well soon m8. Fingers crossed it blows over for you quickly.

Wait. I can't catch it by hitting reply can I?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Today there ahve been new "recommendations" in Sweden

- Refrain from being in indoor environments such as shops, shopping centres, museums, libraries, swimming pools and gyms. Necessary visits to for example grocery stores and pharmacies are ok.
- Refrain from attending, for example, meetings, concerts, performances, sports training, matches and competitions. This advisory does not apply to sports training for children born 2005 or later.
- If possible avoid physical contact with people other than those you live with. According to the Public Health Agency, this includes for example attending or throwing a party or similar social gatherings.

So I have spent my evening informing my departments that they must stay home from work until 19th November minimum.
That's pretty much blighty tbh. Or not far off it.

We won't be back in the office until March next year where I am...

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I got it via my son's 11+ tutor (friend of ex wife) on Thursday. She found out on weekend that she was positive. On Sunday I started feeling a bit ill. On Monday found out from tutor that she had it so I ordered test Monday night. Took the test Tuesday night when it arrived and got results today.

Luckily I don't go anywhere much these days so only people I was in contact with was the ex and the kids since Thursday.

Not received a single Track and Trace call though while ex has received several calls.

Stay well and follow all the advice, @dysfunction - hope it doesn't got much worse (y)

Yoni

Aye but there are no consequences for not following in Sweden however I think most will if it is anything like April

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Shit seems we going into national lockdown from wednesday :(

I mean the sw is so low compared to other places.

hope this isnt true

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is high in certain parts of the SW and is rapidly picking up pace.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Shut *everything* down, keep people inside for 3 weeks, zero cases, track and trace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom