Politics Coronavirus

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Plenty of cases just less transmission.
So zero *new* cases. It won't be zero because they'll keep the schools and essential businesses open like elsewhere, but it'll be massively reduced cases.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cue panic buying at the supermarkets in 3, 2, 1....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Plenty of cases just less transmission.
It'd be a massive reduction:

file-20200409-188980-1jrjjy5.png

You make it mandatory to report any illness into track and trace during the lockdown - the vast majority of infectious cases would dry up. Even in symptomless. It would be a hammer-blow to the virus in the UK.

Then testing and track and trace gets instituted hard at ingress/egress points.

We could be much more like New Zealand.

But, of course, it depends on effective track and trace - which incompetent Bojo has spunked our entire annual GP budget on for no reason.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The government should have followed scientific advice and instituted a circuit breaker over half term when SAGE begged them to (after saying it since the beginning of September).

But no. And now if we don't lock down we could lose 85,000 people over xmas. And we'll be locking down during the peak cristmas shopping period.

Bravo Tory Government. Bravo.

This Tory shower has been a mismanaging joke for over a decade and they're getting worse.

I blame the voters though.

Embattle

FH is my second home
So zero *new* cases. It won't be zero because they'll keep the schools and essential businesses open like elsewhere, but it'll be massively reduced cases.

Yes it'll add a reset break, certainly won't be zero even excluding those cases.

To think if only Labour could have offered something more appealing than JC.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ive tested positive for Covid. Feels just like a head cold at the moment but without the snotty nose.
Hopefully it doesnt get worse.
That's what it was like for me. Head cold, achey, tired. Lost my smell and taste for about 10 days once the other symptoms had passed. It wasn't too bad at all, there was one night where I was quite feverish but aside from that it was mild. Hopefully the same for you!

Edit - I do have one long term side affect though... Since my smell came back, the smell of onions is absolutely pungent and awful to me. They still taste good, but the smell is wretched. Really weird.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We've been in lockdown for two weeks now, and it does seem to be working (even if this lockdown is a lot more half-arsed than the last one), transmissions are down 36% in the last week. Problem is, we're supposed to come out of this at the beginning of December and its fairly obvious the rates will simply shoot back up again over Christmas.

Personally I'm not expecting work to go back to the office until June 2021. Even if they have a vaccine in January.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I've not been to the office for 2 weeks now, I rowed back on doing 2 days a week in, I got fed up of dippy people trying to show me pictures of their new dog on their phone or whatever the fuck.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I see the @Job crew are accusing poor people of using vouchers and stuff from food banks to buy drugs with.

Because all the dealers I know are bang up for trading an 8th of Sour Pink Lemonade for a few tins of beans and a 1kg bag of macaroni.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
That's a shame. His xenophobic ranting is a small blessing in these troubled times.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I see the @Job crew are accusing poor people of using vouchers and stuff from food banks to buy drugs with.

Because all the dealers I know are bang up for trading an 8th of Sour Pink Lemonade for a few tins of beans and a 1kg bag of macaroni.
From what i understand it was the fact that the druggie parents were saving money from food and that money could go on drugs instead. Not swapping the voucher for drugs.

even if that was the case i expect the number of people doing it would be vanishingly small.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's a bit weird that they're furious about something they leaked being leaked.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Johnson is supposedly announcing another lockdown at 5pm. Except they're not calling it a lockdown, they're calling it "Tier 4".

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
And this has been delayed to sometime between 5:30 and 6:30, maybe, depending on the weather and his hair.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
How does that leak damage trust though? Whos trust for whom is being damaged?
Who even knows with this government, I've never known one to be so bad at disseminating information. First they never planned to announce the lockdown until Monday, then they rushed it forward because somebody leaked it (which I still think was intentional so people would be more forgiving of the slapdash approach - the devolved nations were told there were no details of extended financial support when they met just before the announcement), then they kept everybody hanging around for hours waiting and then they put out a bombardment of confusing, poorly visualised charts for 15 minutes before Johnson's actual message.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It was bound to happen. Get the rates now so they look good for December so they can open stuff back up for Christmas. Can't help but think tight restrictions over the festive period would be political suicide.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Most of our major store chains cancelled the physical store black friday and the lack of an uproar were deafening.. It's like the whole country just went "oh, anyway......"

We are so indoctrinated lol..

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Most of our major store chains cancelled the physical store black friday and the lack of an uproar were deafening.. It's like the whole country just went "oh, anyway......"

I wouldn't say indoctrinated, I'd say sensible.

I don't know why you'd want to have a physical black friday sale in the first place.

I appreciate that it's not the black death, but once you start to overwhelm any health services, deaths will start to sky rocket, completely avoidable deaths too.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

We do a lot of black Friday Comms and the only ones who get any major uplift is Virgin Media. Generally the campaign's perform terribly but the clients are obssesed with them.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They leaked the lockdown early it to soften the blow.

Boris, Cummings or someone close to them leaked, seemingly before even informing MPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom