Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Im sure he'll be fine..he's not fat and diabetic like Boris.

In fact he says he feels better all ready.
Very mild case...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Im sure he'll be fine..he's not fat and diabetic like Boris.

In fact he says he feels better all ready.
Very mild case...
Is boris actually diabetic or you just spouting again?

and from what i Understand he might pack a few pounds but he is pretty fit.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
17st 7lb at 5'9"
(111kg at 175cm)
Technically obese. In no way pretty fit.
What i mean is he plays tennis he runs regularly. You dont have to have 5% body fat to be fit. Oh and quoting the Sun. hmmmm

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
from what i Understand he might pack a few pounds but he is pretty fit.
We've already covered this - the science shows you can't be fit and fat at the same time.

You can be strong, with a weight impediment (you need more muscle to lift the same weight as a person of healthy bodyweight as you also have to lift your own flab).

But you're still not fit...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Type 2 Diabetes is almost guaranteed at his age while obese.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Type 2 Diabetes is almost guaranteed at his age while obese.
Nope.

90% of adults with type-two diabetes are overweight but only 30% of overweight adults have it.

You're 3-7 times more likely to be diabetic when you're obese and twenty times more likely if you're morbidly obese - but it's not a guarantee.

All that can be guaranteed is that if you're fat, you're not fit like you should be - the very fact you're carrying too much weight means your body is unnecessarily stressed in multiple unhealthy ways.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Right then @Moriath, I've posted this before but:

There's No Such Thing as "Fat But Fit" Major Study Finds.

Come on fatty. Hit the bullshit tag again, just for giggles, then go hit up the fridge in a fit of denial...

"Fat but fit":
The study found that those obese individuals who appeared healthy in fact had a 50% higher risk of coronary heart disease than people who were of normal weight. They had a 7% increased risk of cerebrovascular disease – problems affecting the blood supply to the brain – which can cause a stroke, and double the risk of heart failure.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm not saying Boris is one, he's just a fat sweaty gimp but there are outliers. My old man is/was a fat bastard, one that rides 20-30 miles a day to work and still runs the London marathon every year, he is getting close to 65 now. He spent 25 years jumping out of planes with shit loads of kit though, so previous conditioning probably plays a large part.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
What i mean is he plays tennis he runs regularly. You dont have to have 5% body fat to be fit. Oh and quoting the Sun. hmmmm
He gets his photographer to take pictures every time he goes out for a jog, and half the country thinks he's an avid runner. The propaganda works.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
He gets his photographer to take pictures every time he goes out for a jog, and half the country thinks he's an avid runner. The propaganda works.

I have randomly seen him on his bike near London Bridge - nothing staged....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh dear. Doesn't look good for us.

It could be that, if you don't want to keep social distancing for the rest of your life the best defence against corona could be making sure you're fit, healthy and the correct weight.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What I don't get is that if it appears there is no immunity...how would a vaccine even work?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What I don't get is that if it appears there is no immunity...how would a vaccine even work?
There's been a very clear warning from the scientific community all along that an effective vaccine may never be a thing.

What we really should be doimg is looking at wholesale reform of our economic system - our interactions with, and destruction of, the natural world are the root cause and major risk factor in a continuous stream of these animal-borne viruses jumping into the human population.

But nobody wants to hear that when we're talking the twin disasters of climate change and biodiversity loss - and I can't see them wanting to hear it over dangerous diseases either tbh.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
our interactions with, and destruction of, the natural world are the root cause and major risk factor in a continuous stream of these animal-borne viruses jumping into the human population.

Fucking hell, really? Destruction of the natural world does NOT create fucking virus. It is simply people eating stuff they have no reason to be eating. It is that simple.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well, the more we exploit the natural world the more shit we are going to dig up, the more viruses will jump from species to species. This being just one of them, and not the last.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sneezing and coughing everywhere would also help, you know the idea of using tissues, corner of you arm, etc. isn't just a covid thing it has been heavily advertised every year around flu time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking hell, really? Destruction of the natural world does NOT create fucking virus. It is simply people eating stuff they have no reason to be eating. It is that simple.
Been posted about multiple times and relatively well studied.

The route of coronavirus from animal > man *may* well have been chinese markets but coronavirus isn't the only virus. Destruction of habitat and expansion of man's space at the expense of wild areas is forcing animals and man into ever closer proximity.

It's neither simple nor solely due to people eating stuff they "shouldn't" be eating. Not by a long stretch.

Cursory link:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom