Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So her co-opt and her resignation.
Yup...though I dont know what co opt is.

They were devastated because she was the first person to show interest for years.

Job

Yes, because stopping people from spreading the virus (you know, something that is passed from person to person) is such a bad idea.

Perhaps we should have done what America did! Yeah, that's working out great for them.

...and please don't bring up deaths per 100k without bringing up population density.
So please dont being up reality while Ive got some wiggle room.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And it turns out Johnson's dad has fucked off to Greece and dearest Boris won't say a word about it. People around him obviously not giving a toss about the guidelines and yet he still expects the public to do what they're bloody well told.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The multiple studies from different countries saying the same thing are optimistic @Yoni?

Got an alternative evidence-based narrative you can share?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Did you actually read he article in Nature? I do not think you did - you read the BBC article which actually has no data at all. If you were to read the article you will actually see that it refers to only two european countries France and Italy not really representational of Europe.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just popped out for some bread and milk, local hairdresser has at least 30 people queuing outside, decided to take a quick drive around town, any hairdresser open has queues of people.

Drove past a pub, saw a bloke on the door with a full face visor and face mask on the door.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Did you actually read he article in Nature? I do not think you did - you read the BBC article which actually has no data at all. If you were to read the article you will actually see that it refers to only two european countries France and Italy not really representational of Europe.
1) Yes, I did:
article linked to in Nature said:
We study the impact of major interventions across 11 European countries for the period from the start of COVID-19 until the 4th of May 2020 when lockdowns started to be lifted

2) Did you read my post - which stated "multiple studies from different countries" - not just this one.

3) Do you have the evidence-based argument that I asked for, or just your opinion?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just popped out for some bread and milk, local hairdresser has at least 30 people queuing outside, decided to take a quick drive around town, any hairdresser open has queues of people.

Drove past a pub, saw a bloke on the door with a full face visor and face mask on the door.
I got Tam to cut my hair with nail scissors (whilst sat under a tree in one of the fields, so we could make as much mess as we liked).

If I can convince her that's now her job then that'll save me £12 a pop :)

Yoni

1) Yes, I did:

2) Did you read my post - which stated "multiple studies from different countries" - not just this one.

3) Do you have an evidence-based argument that I asked for, or just your opinion?
Please provide links to the other studies because the BBC is only referencing the one I read. If you are ok with believing hyped rhetoric without actually reading the detail awesome for your but please fuck off with your holier than though GIF EVIDENCE PLIX unless you can actually live up to your own expectations of others. ie read the fucking article behind the hyped rhetoric ...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, you:

1) hadn't read the article you accused me of not reading, but felt fit to pass comment on how it wasn't relevant

2) haven't got an evidence-based comeback

3) are angry because you've made yourself look like a fool.

Fair enough.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yoni

So, you:

1) hadn't read the article but felt fit to pass comment on how it wasn't relevant

2) haven't got an evidence-based comeback

3) are angry because you've made yourself look like a fool.

Fair enough.
Dear boy I am far from angry - not sure how many times I have asked you not to assume how I feel on these forums . As you have not read the article your original post as adhering to your own personal rhetoric and not based upon scientific evidence so as i stated optimistic.

According to the scientific sources you adhere to for example Sweden's death count should have been over 70k should they continue as they did - their deathcount although high is nowhere near the levels expected.

I have read the pdf Scouse which was my point - I doubt you have.

Job

There is a bigger issue, because our science struggles with virus, we have very little to kill them in the body and the only real approach is to ready the immune system; and thats a constant juggling act that often ends up in more deaths than covid.

Lockdown isolates us from them , but as a species we are getting weaker and weaker in the fight, historically they came along and took out the people too weak or genetically prone.
We are the result of that natural selection, but now there is an ever increasing list of virus that can take out an increasing chunk of humanity that pass on their vulnerabilities, either directly or through genetic disposition to health problems.

So letting it burn through is out obviously, because even 0.1% death rate looks real bad in the papers , we need to spend big bucks on an actual treatment for virus of any mutation.

Yoni

For once @Job you have posted something that IS being discussed heavily in the scientific community. It was picked up in Italy c. 5 weeks ago although I read recently in NYT that they do not see any mutations that substantiate what the Italian doctors were seeing.

It also for once didn't deserve a facepalm except for the conclusion you made.... you can't let it just burn out because some countries do not have the health care to cope with that situation as can be seen in Italy, Spain, New York and nearly in the UK. In the US there are hopeful signs that the increase in cases will not lead to the level of deaths seen in New York due to improved understanding (ie use of blood thinners to prevent clotting) and he effect on the drugs that have been established to help with the viurs HOWEVER as there is a significant lag between contraction and hospitalisation it is too early to be overly optimistic. (NYT)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have read the pdf Scouse which was my point - I doubt you have.
Yeah yeah, I'm sure you have. That's why you said "it refers to only two european countries France and Italy" rather than the eleven it explicitly and clearly refers to.

The expert opinion is that lockdowns have saved more than three million lives across Europe.

If you want to not provide an actual counter-argument and just fling the "bullshit" and "optimistic" smilies before getting angry when you're called on it then that's completely your perogative.

But I ain't falling for your transference tactic of accusing me of not reading the thing you've clearly not bothered to read yourself.

Either way - the whole point of this to-and fro is getting distracted from: European lockdowns have saved more than three million lives.

Last edited:

Yoni

My optimistic rainbow was about the number quoted and yes I have read it
Yeah yeah, I'm sure you have. That's why you said "it refers to only two european countries France and Italy" rather than the eleven it explicitly and clearly refers to.

The expert opinion is that lockdowns have saved more than three million lives across Europe.

If you want to not provide an actual counter-argument and just fling the "bullshit" and "optimistic" smilies before getting angry when you're called on it then that's completely your perogative.

But I ain't falling for your transference tactic of accusing me of not reading the thing you've clearly not bothered to read yourself.
the bbc links to : https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2404-8_reference.pdf

The BBC did not link to the paper you have posted which is too light to comment on - it starts with an "estimate" of infection rates .....oO

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
*sigh*
As an olive branch @Yoni - here's the linking page to the .pdf in Nature.

Hold onto that anger yons. You can't say I didn't try :(

When you have a study, rather than just your opinion, then we can "talk" agan.

Yoni

*sigh*
Hold onto that anger yons. You can't say I didn't try :(

When you have a study, rather than just your opinion, then we can "talk" agan.
oO ehum and you are ?

Job

Every single complication of Covid that the press batters us with for clickbait is the exact same list of complications from seasonal and pandemic flu.

Thats why they kill so many people.

Just look up complications of the flu virus.
If they had listed these in the front page of the Mail for the last years every one would be wearing an air fed mask and shooting people who sneeze.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My optimistic rainbow was about the number quoted and yes I have read it

the bbc links to : https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2404-8_reference.pdf

The BBC did not link to the paper you have posted which is too light to comment on - it starts with an "estimate" of infection rates .....oO

Is Scouse still quoting that paper was written before lockdown? How on earth can that be held up as any sort of proof that lockdown worked when it hadn't even been implemented yet?

I just can't even.

Yoni

Is Scouse still quoting that paper was written before lockdown? How on earth can that be held up as any sort of proof that lockdown worked when it hadn't even been implemented yet?

I just can't even.
I wouldn’t bother

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I just can't even.
Go and read the fucking link I provided.

Published in Nature, 9th June.

from the paper said:
We study the impact of major interventions across 11 European countries for the period from the start of COVID-19 until the 4th of May 2020

It seems that actual reading (never mind comprehension (or critical thought)) is a bug that hasn't caught on round here much. Which is funny, considering it's a forum that relies on the written word...

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Go and read the fucking link I provided.

Published in Nature, 9th June.

It seems that actual reading (never mind comprehension (or critical thought)) is a bug that hasn't caught on round here much. Which is funny, considering it's a forum that relies on the written word...
Zzzzzzz

Job

Im trying to find out how they measure infection rates.
Are they just measuring how many people have it in each batch of testing or people coming in with symptoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom