Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It did stretch the ICU...just wasnt reported...it killed 90 kids under 4...wasnt reported.

I just pointing 99% of the time we cruise along oblivious to death, a person dies every minute in the UK 24/7/365.

The death total is an extra twenty days of deaths...hopefully it will even out by years end.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It did stretch the ICU...just wasnt reported...it killed 90 kids under 4...wasnt reported.

I just pointing 99% of the time we cruise along oblivious to death, a person dies every minute in the UK 24/7/365.

The death total is an extra twenty days of deaths...hopefully it will even out by years end.
If it wasnt reported how do you know about it?

Job

So, without lockdown, 500,000 deaths @Job.

Get it yet?
No..that was completely disreputed modelling boloks.
Sweden had the lightest of lockdowns with the same death rate....and will go on to have lower overall deaths as they didnt entirely shutdown their civilisation.

Job

He follows non MSM media on YouTube duuh
Lol...it was finally reported on the bbc...been going around a good bit and if it WAS reported on youtube, well they got it fucking right didnt they.

But if youre happy just soaking up clickbait , then carry on.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Sweden had the lightest of lockdowns with the same death rate....and will go on to have lower overall deaths as they didnt entirely shutdown their civilisation.
You can not state that @Job as no one knows. One fact is for sure and that is if the UK did not close down the number of deaths would have been substantially higher and outweighed the deaths and other effects on society at that time. What is important is for that kind of lockdown is that it is NOT sustainable due to other damages, it is a fine line which has to be walked. Sweden chose not to walk the line, however the health serivce here is in a much much better condition than UK, US, Italy Spain it is even better than France, NL, Ireland etc.

IF
Sweden had prevented the big pre eurovision song contest competion (50k in a Stadium oO) and forbidden visits to old peoples homes whist ensuring that home help either had good ppe or were tested daily then their results would currently be at a better level. As it stands Sweden screwed up royally - not with the general recommendations as they work quite well and are sustainable for a long period of time, but with the care for the 70+. Most of the areas affected in Stockholm are where multigenerational families live - it is these same families that work in the carehomes and out in the community bringing the eldery care.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No it isn't. It's still the official figure. Used by this government.

The only way you can justify your total idiocy is by lying to yourself that it's "boloks" but those are the numbers.

Even if it turned out half that - quarter of a million deaths would still blow your idiocy into the stratosphere.

Yoni

Or humans being idiots? Youall think the government in the UK should be clearer however the citizens of the UK need to take more personal responsibility..... the public transport rules are the same in Sweden and UK - difference in human behaviour is astounding - why are people getting on / why isn’t the driver refusing people at a limit.

Job

The autopsy of this is going to be very painful indeed.

People are going to start adding up the stats and the predictions...take a look at our destroyed western economies....we are talking a fucking third of businesses closing......and start asking some very serious questions about the reliability of pandemic modelling tied in with the selective fear mongering of the media.
The fact that the 6ft rule was based on a guess, not any actual science....kinda sums up a lot of the 'preperation', almost entirely tick boxing and ignoring, the classic middle management approach.

Yoni

Oooooo you and scouse are about to agree on something oO

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You can facepalm all you like @Embattle - but go look at the papers - journo's are asking that question and those are the answers people are giving.

Unless you're calling them all liars?

I mean not everyone works at a good company...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Johnson has given all these bosses (who invariably won't personally rely on public transport) carte blanche to make these employees feel like they have to get to work or they'll lose their jobs. All the fancy flow diagrams in the world and telling people to "use their common sense" doesn't take into account the fear they have that they'll lose their jobs.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not really sure it needs explaining considering others have already tried regarding the points a few of you have made again, it was clearly always going to be a waste of time then and an even bigger waste of time explaining it again.

I'm going with 15 seconds max before that facepalm hit.
What a cock.

It was a lot less and you view it probably like I view most of your posts, largely pointless and meaningless.

Jeez you really are spamming that F5 key aren't you? Did you just do a little jizz?

Just so you know it doesn't require a F5 press as it updates automatically.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Come on @Embattle - these people are really saying this. It's happening. Why the facepalms?

I don't understand it. If we're wrong, why not explain clearly how it really is?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Come on @Embattle - these people are really saying this. It's happening. Why the facepalms?

I don't understand it. If we're wrong, why not explain clearly how it really is?

He can't see what's right in front of him, he's got Boris balls hanging over his eyes while he sucks hard.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
If you read back through this thread it's hilarious. The majority of the "news" posts are showing what a clusterfuck this is, followed by facepalms and Vicky Pollard like responses. There are few (if any) "news" articles saying what a great job they are doing.
It's like fucking Trump supporters.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Johnson has given all these bosses (who invariably won't personally rely on public transport) carte blanche to make these employees feel like they have to get to work or they'll lose their jobs. All the fancy flow diagrams in the world and telling people to "use their common sense" doesn't take into account the fear they have that they'll lose their jobs.

In the big wide world that is outside London the bulk of employees don't use public transport either, as it's shit. It takes me 35 minutes to get to the office by car, or 2 hours by Public Transport. This really isn't uncommon - in fact the only person I know who takes the train to work is the wife, and she's been told she doesn't have to go back into the office until she feels safe.

You'll probably also find the bulk of people are quite happy to return to work - back on full pay and out of the house and wanting to get things moving again. Clearly not on this forum mind.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's all wonderful but we're clearly talking about crowded public transport. I'm sure everybody would love to go back to work but if they *rely* on public transport to get there (as in they have no other means of getting to and from work) or if their employer hasn't put proper social distancing in place, why should they feel like they have to take the risk or risk losing their jobs or being forced to take statutory sick pay?
Our next question comes from James via email. James asks:

"I have been asked to go back to work next Monday. I have asthma and work as a removal man. There will be around four of us and it is impossible to stay two metres apart.

"I have been told I will be on sick pay, not furloughed, if i don't come in. I can't afford to live on sick pay as I have a mortgage to pay. I feel pressured to go in and it does not feel right."

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
In the big wide world that is outside London the bulk of employees don't use public transport either, as it's shit. It takes me 35 minutes to get to the office by car, or 2 hours by Public Transport. This really isn't uncommon - in fact the only person I know who takes the train to work is the wife, and she's been told she doesn't have to go back into the office until she feels safe.

You'll probably also find the bulk of people are quite happy to return to work - back on full pay and out of the house and wanting to get things moving again. Clearly not on this forum mind.

So it's perfectly fine for those who do rely on public transport then is it? Are you saying that all those people have another way to get to work but are choosing public transport as a good option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom