Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Anyway back on tract for those dumb cunts (@~Yuckfou~ ) whatever Govt was in place would have still listened to the same people.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Personally, I think people would be making mistakes as we go along and the scientific advice would be the same.

My beef is that we've had a decade of a tory government and over a decade of scientists warning about this - so it's not about handling the crisis right now (although the not joined-up UK messaging is clearly a mistake) - it's the fact we weren't prepared. And there's only one government you can blame for that...

Yet Labour still got spanked even harder after a decade of those dreadful Tories :)

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
You've gone off at a tangent because you were talking bollocks. Not sure what Brexit has to do with Corona virus.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, you are expected to respect a democratic vote
You don't have to support it though.

Democracy means you can campaign for what you like. Just because a vote goes against you you don't have to stfu.

Brexiteers have been a very noisy minority for decades. It's churlish (and antidemocratic) to attempt to deny others the democratic voice brexiteers have been afforded.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Oh yes..lets rejoin and get stung to bail out the entire Southern Europe.

I suppose at least we'll have free travel without visa agai.....oh hang on.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
96617682_10222121874174000_5613672798770692096_n.jpg

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No 65, 970,000.

We got rid of a few

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd like to see bikes become VAT free.
I'd love to see a properly funded cycle infrastructure.

Current funding for cycling infra in the UK is less than £1 per person per year.

The dutch spend about £26-ish.

Considering the amount of people taking it up, the current environmental and health pressures it'd be madness of the government not to try everything to take advantage. But it might go the way of other cycling booms...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Due to lack of infrastructure its going to be chaos on the roads if there is a massive cycling boom

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Due to lack of infrastructure its going to be chaos on the roads if there is a massive cycling boom
Absolutely the opposite.

If loads of car journeys turn to bikes there'll be a fuckload less cars on the roads and a lot less of this.

I get you don't like it dys, and nobody would be forcing you. But more bike journeys and less car journeys is not only a good thing, but a necessary thing for our future.

Might as well try to take advantage and make an exponential leap now if we can, as opposed to dribble along later.

Edit: btw @dysfunction - just as an aside - safety actually dramatically increases the more bikes there are, rather than decreases. There's a real safety in numbers.

Behavioural changes in drivers are a big part of this. If coexisting with more cyclists is the norm then accidents per mile ridden go down as drivers become more careful.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Absolutely the opposite.

If loads of car journeys turn to bikes there'll be a fuckload less cars on the roads and a lot less of this.

I get you don't like it dys, and nobody would be forcing you. But more bike journeys and less car journeys is not only a good thing, but a necessary thing for our future.

Might as well try to take advantage and make an exponential leap now if we can, as opposed to dribble along later.

Edit: btw @dysfunction - just as an aside - safety actually dramatically increases the more bikes there are, rather than decreases. There's a real safety in numbers.

Behavioural changes in drivers are a big part of this. If coexisting with more cyclists is the norm then accidents per mile ridden go down as drivers become more careful.

Well if there were no cars then I'd probably give it a go but it's not likely.
People will revert back to cars again.

Now if there was a proper dedicated bike lane straight from here to the centre of London then I would consider riding into work otherwise I'll just use the train.
Also I would need work to have somewhere to put my bike and shower facilities otherwise it's still a no regardless of the ease of using the bike.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well if there were no cars then I'd probably give it a go but it's not likely.
People will revert back to cars again.

Now if there was a proper dedicated bike lane straight from here to the centre of London then I would consider riding into work otherwise I'll just use the train.
Also I would need work to have somewhere to put my bike and shower facilities otherwise it's still a no regardless of the ease of using the bike.
That forbes article is worth the long read. Similar boom in the 70's US that didn't stick because of choices not made there, but choices being made elsewhere make it lasting - including reclaiming city space for people and not cars.

Real opportunity right now that could have a dramatic effect. For places like London it could be a step change in useability. Many other of our city centres are dying. It could reinvigorate them and make them places people want to be again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom