Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So us Englanders cant drive to Wales or Scotland for exercise.
Which is pretty reasonable tbh, especially for Wales, the last thing they need is 2 million southerners turning up.

Theyve yet to get over Scouse .

I presume that means they cant drive into Eng.....I thought not.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I presume that means they cant drive into Eng.....I thought not.
I can't see a load of Welsh fleeing the mountains of Snowdonia, the beaches on the Llyn Peninsula, the esturies and lakes to go take exercise in the slums of liverpool and manchester, can you?

Job

Or Englanders visiting the slums of Wales.
Holyhead love...looks lovely on the map.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or Englanders visiting the slums of Wales.
Holyhead love...looks lovely on the map.
Awww butthurt again. So predictable :)

I don't know many people who holiday in ferry terminals. If you're visiting holyhead town to do anything other than get on a ferry you've failed at life.

Holy Island on the other hand. Lovely :)

Job

Here we go.
Moved there last week and lecturing northerners on shitholes.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So it is recommended to use face coverings. Time to get the long tea towels out so I look like a proper cowboy.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So it is recommended to use face coverings. Time to get the long tea towels out so I look like a proper cowboy.

Shit fella - you'll need a double bed sheet if it's got that honk to cover .. :cool:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Shit fella - you'll need a double bed sheet if it's got that honk to cover .. :cool:
Cheeky dwarf cunt :p

I have a flannel you can cut in half you can use if you don't have any.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I can already see the Buzzfeed article - Gimp Masks and Darth Vader - the UK's take on face coverings.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Whats the clarification on face coverings? Any inside? So supermarkets and stuff as well?
I think i am going to have sensory issues about that with my autism.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Whats the clarification on face coverings? Any inside? So supermarkets and stuff as well?
Anywhere you cannot do effective social distancing like petri-dish transport, inside shops etc.

If supermarkets are implementing effective social distancing then you should be ok but I would wear one anyway. Though to be honest I have not been inside a supermarket since this all kicked off, far too many people for my liking. So I pay a little more and use local shops and go at less busy times and if the store looks busy I just don't go in.

Bodhi

The fact that the newspapers aren't full of stories of supermarket workers who've got the 'rona I would say they're a fairly low risk environment as long as you socially distance. Even brief closer contact is unlikely to be an issue - it's sustained close quarters exposure that's an issue.

So for masks I'd say they're recommended for public transport or small shops, otherwise their use is limited.

Must admit I'm quite happy with the new "Use your common sense" approach, whilst bringing the restrictions more in line with what will actually spread the disease. Now let's just see if the UK has any common sense.....

Anyway must dash, got to book my game of golf for Thursday :D

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anywhere you cannot do effective social distancing like petri-dish transport, inside shops etc.

If supermarkets are implementing effective social distancing then you should be ok but I would wear one anyway. Though to be honest I have not been inside a supermarket since this all kicked off, far too many people for my liking. So I pay a little more and use local shops and go at less busy times and if the store looks busy I just don't go in.
I see now its advised not compulsory. :) and like you i not been in any small spaces. Waitrose seems quite good here. Counting ppl in and out of the store. And public transport is aids anyway. If i go to london i usually walk or take taxis. The tube does my head in.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I see now its advised not compulsory. :) and like you i not been in any small spaces. Waitrose seems quite good here. Counting ppl in and out of the store. And public transport is aids anyway. If i go to london i usually walk or take taxis. The tube does my head in.
Basically it is just using your common sense like I have been doing since this all kicked off.

I don't need to be told when to wipe my arse, how to dress, how to breathe or eat, how to hold my cock when going for a piss. The moment it kicked off I was social distancing before the lockdown got announced. Told my employer I was not going to the office anymore (before the WFH mandate). Again I didn't wait for the Govt to tell me how to act in a responsible and careful way as I am intelligent enough to do that on my own and at the same time I advised my kids/family to not book any form of travel, to isolate if possible, not go to mass gatherings.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't need to be told when to wipe my arse, how to dress, how to breathe or eat, how to hold my cock when going for a piss. The moment it kicked off I was social distancing before the lockdown got announced. Told my employer I was not going to the office anymore (before the WFH mandate). Again I didn't wait for the Govt to tell me how to act in a responsible and careful way as I am intelligent enough to do that on my own and at the same time I advised my kids/family to not book any form of travel, to isolate if possible, not go to mass gatherings.
I agree - and all things I did too - because I'm afforded that level of autonomy and if the bank didn't think I was responsible then I certainly wouldn't last two seconds in my position.

However, the majority of people don't get to make those work decisions. They may come to the self-social-distancing sensible decisions by themselves (might) but they *must have* clear guidance to take to employers which says "government says don't come in - so don't fucking sack me you sacks of shit" - because there are a *lot* of employers just like that.

And a decision between nebulous health possibilities and no fucking money guess which one wins, and guess which sectors of society this scenario usually applies to?

"Common sense" is no way to run a country (or any programme of work tbh). Clear, unambiguous messaging and direction. A solid set of rules that must be followed, or they don't get followed.

Times, deadlines, dates for compliance. Not "figure it out for yourself - don't you have 'common sense'". Not ever. Because one man's common sense decision may be completely opposite to another's - because they'll come to equally perfectly good 'common sense' decisions based on their specific set of circumstances.

What we have coming out of central government is a set of differing rules for a "unified" UK, which is resulting in a shitshow.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They tried the mask thing here but its been slow going, the recommendation was to use masks but when queried how to get masks the answer was "make them, use rubber bands!"

Which seems a bit absurd, not seen anyone wearing a mask since announcement but im out on edge of the city so not many people to socially distance myself from to begin with (the joke here being: 2m apart? Why should we stand closer than normal?)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree - and all things I did too - because I'm afforded that level of autonomy and if the bank didn't think I was responsible then I certainly wouldn't last two seconds in my position.

However, the majority of people don't get to make those work decisions. They may come to the self-social-distancing sensible decisions by themselves (might) but they *must have* clear guidance to take to employers which says "government says don't come in - so don't fucking sack me you sacks of shit" - because there are a *lot* of employers just like that.

And a decision between nebulous health possibilities and no fucking money guess which one wins, and guess which sectors of society this scenario usually applies to?

"Common sense" is no way to run a country (or any programme of work tbh). Clear, unambiguous messaging and direction. A solid set of rules that must be followed, or they don't get followed.

Times, deadlines, dates for compliance. Not "figure it out for yourself - don't you have 'common sense'". Not ever. Because one man's common sense decision may be completely opposite to another's - because they'll come to equally perfectly good 'common sense' decisions based on their specific set of circumstances.

What we have coming out of central government is a set of differing rules for a "unified" UK, which is resulting in a shitshow.
You still do not get it. Every employer has a legal duty to ensure your health and safety at work before, during and after this pandemic. If you feel you your health is at risk due to your employer not providing adequate safety measures at work then YOU have a legal right to withdraw from your workplace without repercussion.

The Govt has advised people to go to work if they can, guess what, either most workplaces have been shutdown for the last 6 weeks or have already introduced safe working practices at work (I know for a fact mine has).

Let me ask you this, if Labour/The Libtards or some other party was in power right now would the same civil servants, medical advisors and scientists be providing the same service to the Govt?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You still do not get it. Every employer has a legal duty to ensure your health and safety at work before, during and after this pandemic. If you feel you your health is at risk due to your employer not providing adequate safety measures at work then YOU have a legal right to withdraw from your workplace without repercussion.

The Govt has advised people to go to work if they can, guess what, either most workplaces have been shutdown for the last 6 weeks or have already introduced safe working practices at work (I know for a fact mine has).

Let me ask you this, if Labour/The Libtards or some other party was in power right now would the same civil servants, medical advisors and scientists be providing the same service to the Govt?
The PM stated in the questions if you are not able to safely be at work / go to work. Then you dont go.

This also applies to people who’s kids are not at school and don’t have child care means. They should not go into work.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The BSI has also said

"Some people say, 'any PPE is better than no PPE', but if you are wearing something you think will protect you and it won't, you are in more danger."

Bodhi

It does make me laugh whenever people claim to be championing the disadvantaged, when actually they're just calling them retards who can't follow fairly straight forward advice.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I wrote..

You can't buy masks here for love nor money. I've got some on order (3 weeks ago) from Amazon but the postal service here is borked so no idea when they will arrive. I've been using one of those tube scarf things.
It looks like when things ease a mask will be a requirement. Today the local town hall have been giving them out free. So went to get a couple, local bobby was handing them out. They are hand made by the locals. I love this country.

and..

O RLY?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw3LiTexrZO49MfkjMTOQlz5&cshid=1587316542182

Not to mention the little old ladies all over the place making masks for the general public. We have some that were distributed by our local town hall.

There are dozens if not hundreds of factories in the UK sitting idle right now.

The respnse was..

I really don't think have a mask is all that useful. May make you feel better about going to shops but probably not necessary.
Washing your hands and staying well clear of people is of more benefit.

Sorry when did people making PPE at their homes pass all the regulation? I can sow a few socks together as well.

You brought up the little old ladies making face masks at home. Spraying with anti-bac does fuckall to their effectiveness. They are simply too porous.

And stuff being made in factories can fail regulation like a lot of what China and Russia have been shipping. Just so you know.

I seriously doubt that.
I would bet you inadvertently touch your face all the time and not even know it.

HanCOCK said..

Coronavirus: Hancock shoots down Scottish govt's face-covering plan

To coin a phrase, "That aged well".

:upyours:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@~Yuckfou~
You can facepalm me all you want. You are just showing how MSM/leftie you are. My comments were about frontline workers wearing homemade PPE.

Typical #FBPE twat.

Job

I believe face masks help other people by catching breath droplets that can contain large amounts of the virus.

The problem with them, just like cycle helmets is people are less cautious when wearing them and especially old people lean forward and make the wearer what what they said because of hearing problems.

6ft is the best prevention...anything that makes people think they reduce that is more of a problem than any protection it may offer.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So @~Yuckfou~ I will ask the same question you facepalmed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom