Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jeebuz dys. *some*. *may* :rolleyes:

Oooh look. One bloke has been caught doing 118mph! Big deal - that's standard messaging to everyone. "Don't use coronavirus as an excuse to speed plebs".

Wilfully ignoring everything else I wrote btw. I don't get why :(

Are you related to Greta?

We all know you are anti-car but don't read too much into this walking/cycling scheme from the Govt. To me it is merely an answer to those who don't want to use Petri dish transplant during this pandemic. They have to get people back to work in a safe manner whilst maintaining social distancing.

Luckily for me I will continue to use my car as cycling 26 miles to get to my office is never going to fucking happen. Ever.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is true @Deebs.

So the question is - do we have the best redundancy in the world, or at least a very good level of redundancy?

Oh, wait. No. It's bad planning and a lack of preparedness... :/
What the fuck has bad planning and a lack of preparedness have to do with something failing?

They were prepared for a failure by having a lab available abroad who could take the tests.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
No I am not, I am merely pointing out that you cannot have something that will NEVER fail even with all the best redundancy in the world.

Computers fail even those with massive levels of redundancy like Azure, AWS etc. Mechnical moving parts fail. National power grids fail. The Internet fails. Rocket launches fail. Everything fails. That is the point you don't seem to grasp.

So there is only one lab? One "machine"?
All of those things you just mentioned are temporary. They've been moaning about a technical problem since last week.
Get a grip.
And @Embattle your usual mindless facepalms are childish.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is true @Deebs.

So the question is - do we have the best redundancy in the world, or at least a very good level of redundancy?

Sorry didn't answer the question.

Until we know exactly what the issue was (and when questioned about it there were 2 different issues at 2 different labs) noone can answer that question.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So there is only one lab? One "machine"?
All of those things you just mentioned are temporary. They've been moaning about a technical problem since last week.
Get a grip.
And @Embattle your usual mindless facepalms are childish.
We do not know what the issue was so you cannot pass judgement on the failure.

What the actual fuck? The things I mentioned are not temporary, they can be fucked for days and have been in the past.

Where have they said the problem has lasted a week?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Jeebuz dys. *some*. *may* :rolleyes:

Oooh look. One bloke has been caught doing 118mph! Big deal - that's standard messaging to everyone. "Don't use coronavirus as an excuse to speed plebs".

Wilfully ignoring everything else I wrote btw. I don't get why :(

I don't disagree with getting people to use bikes more and getting more exercise etc.
I don't feel safe at all riding on the road on a bike. There are no cycle lanes etc so I wouldn't do it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Jeez, anyone points out "anything" that doesn't fit the Tory agenda, even with facts, the same thing happens. @Deebs, @Embattle and @Bodhi come along facepalm and defend.
Fucking drones.
Christ you really are being a child. You don't like the fact that I pointed out that nothing can never NOT fail. That and the fact that in the event of a lab failure there was an option to send tests abroad instead of chucking them in the fridge whilst the lab was fixed.

However I am happy to slag the Govt off and in fact I will. Right now.

I think they fucked up by airing their announcement last night before addressing Parliament this morning, PMQs and the publication of the 50 page document at 2pm this afternoon.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think they fucked up by airing their announcement last night before addressing Parliament this morning, PMQs and the publication of the 50 page document at 2pm this afternoon.

Go to work. Or don't. We'll maybe make it clearer later.

ON SUNDAY FUCKING NIGHT!

Muppets.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Are you related to Greta?

We all know you are anti-car but don't read too much into this walking/cycling scheme from the Govt. To me it is merely an answer to those who don't want to use Petri dish transplant during this pandemic. They have to get people back to work in a safe manner whilst maintaining social distancing.

Luckily for me I will continue to use my car as cycling 26 miles to get to my office is never going to fucking happen. Ever.
And you cant work from home?

Though having everyone work from home is also impractical because married people will murder each other and singles will slowly descend into wine and cheesos.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

ON SUNDAY FUCKING NIGHT!

Muppets.
Yup they fucked up. Should have aired the announcement tonight after all the things I said they should have done beforehand.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

ON SUNDAY FUCKING NIGHT!

Muppets.
Theyve changed it to wednesday.

Oh and Macron has arranged quarantine free flights from UK to France

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And you cant work from home?

Though having everyone work from home is also impractical because married people will murder each other and singles will slowly descend into wine and cheesos.
I have been working from home since 2016 and normally visit the office twice a week. However I will need to visit our datacenters soon to start installing lots of new blades, SANs and other equipment and they are located down in Havant.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is true @Deebs.

Really or could they all have SLA based support agreements in place with companies that rely on supplies from abroad that are now unobtainable due to the global pandemic?

Maybe, just maybe, these are exceptional circumstances. Unless of course we should build a spare unused copy of everything that never gets used unless there is a breakdown, just in case.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Jeez, anyone points out "anything" that doesn't fit the Tory agenda, even with facts, the same thing happens. @Deebs, @Embattle and @Bodhi come along facepalm and defend.
Fucking drones.

I find it more funny than facepalm worthy that some people seem to have a irrational Tory hatred on anything and thus it is hardly ever worth responding to the drivel the spew.

Personally I didn't watch BJs announcement but I read the updates as some news sites did them and found it very underwhelming on the information front, even today you go to government sites and there really is no meat on the bones to help and they've had a good few days to flesh it out in between other unknown issues.

The work one I'm not that concerned about although some people are being somewhat pedantic with it and like I said before it needs some more meat and some examples.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Johnson said in last week's PMQs that they wanted to announce it on the Sunday night so people could get back to work on the Monday (12 hours later, without using public transport for you) but it was obviously so they could get the idea out in the public name without the inconvenience of any scrutiny at all.

If you reach just a little bit further, you're beginning to grasp the levels of deceitful cuntishness in this government. :clap:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Johnson said in last week's PMQs that they wanted to announce it on the Sunday night so people could get back to work on the Monday (12 hours later, without using public transport for you) but it was obviously so they could get the idea out in the public name without the inconvenience of any scrutiny at all.

If you reach just a little bit further, you're beginning to grasp the levels of deceitful cuntishness in this government. :clap:

It has been communicated at the wrong time. The scrutiny happens today in Parliament.

Also the message was if you cannot work from home and can safely get to work and your employer has taken the necessary steps to ensure social distancing then do so, otherwise stay at home. The problem is the lack of common sense and those who just want to take a pop at everything the Govt does. People are fucked off with the lockdown, the Govt wants to ease it, they get ripped into by the #FBPE twats and MSM. They will never be doing anything right in the views of the lefties.

Anyway, I do believe they have fucked up in the way the annoucement was made.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Also the message was if you cannot work from home and can safely get to work and your employer has taken the necessary steps to ensure social distancing then do so, otherwise stay at home.
Which cannot be summarised in a snappy slogan half as effectively as "fucking stay at home" can, which is why Scotland and Wales are sticking with the original. You have a situation where they came up with a slogan but then you need to also remember a paragraph of text to further explain exactly what the slogan means. It's madness.

This is how Jenrick started his explanation to Marr yesterday...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Which cannot be summarised in a snappy slogan half as effectively as "fucking stay at home" can, which is why Scotland and Wales are sticking with the original. You have a situation where they came up with a slogan but then you need to also remember a paragraph of text to further explain exactly what the slogan means. It's madness.
Nah, it is simple common sense in my opinion.

I will not go to public places.
I will not use petri-dish transport.
I will not go to crowded places.
I will go out when it is safe to do and practise social distancing.
I will still stay at home most of the time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the message was if you cannot work from home and can safely get to work and your employer has taken the necessary steps to ensure social distancing then do so, otherwise stay at home.
No it wasn't.

It was "go to work, try to avoid public transport if you can".

No mention of what employers have done and no mention of staying at home otherwise.

It was go to work, try to stay safe, you're on your own.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They should have said from Monday 18th May. Announcing on a Sunday with less than 12 hours notice was nonsense.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Nah, it is simple common sense in my opinion.
The problem is the lack of common sense
Herein lies the problem. Some (obviously a minority but still) people were already ignoring the lockdown order, Johnson has just given them carte blanche with go out and act likes twats. No communication with the devolved states prior to the media leaking what Johnson was going to say... no coordination with essential services... I can't find the tweet but a police chief was aghast at the advice Johnson was giving... like "what the fuck are we supposed to do with this?".

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No it wasn't.

It was "go to work, try to avoid public transport if you can".

No mention of what employers have done and no mention of staying at home otherwise.

It was go to work, try to stay safe, you're on your own.

He also said that petri-dish transport will be enforcing social distancing so will be limiting capacity at all times.

You deal realise that employers have a legal requirement to provide a safe place to work even during a pandemic. If they cannot then you as an employee has a legal right to withdraw yourself from the workplace if you feel it is unsafe to work there.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How do you limit public transport capacity? It's impossible to know how many people have got onto a train or in fact a particular carriage of a train.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How do you limit public transport capacity? It's impossible to know how many people have got onto a train.
No idea not my area of expertise. That is being done by the companies that manage the petri-dish services.

But again a little bit of common sense. If the train stops and it looks like you cannot keep 2m apart from everyone then I would suggest you don't get on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom