Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hopefully you give her a lot of shit for that.

Family needs to try to hold their own family to account. Nobody else can.

My mum got a fucking roasting for going to the shops to buy fags when my niece has been delivering to her...
Thank fuck I am not your Mum. Bet you bollock her for keeping warm in the winter as she is warming the world up and causing global climate issues.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Surely it also depends on if she kept her distance and didn't cough all over your sister etc. If she kept a good 2 metres apart then I don't see a problem.
I do not know and I am not going to ask she has 4 kids in close proximity that should ensure she is ok - she could tell me she is following the rules but she has been known to be sneaky..

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Which seems like an excuse...?

We're supposed to be better than that - our global image is supposedly of a world leader.

We're just bumbling idiots like everyone else - yet our culture revolves in part around a belief in our exceptionalism.

Exceptional? Anything but...

*btw, not angry. Just weary.
That includes our cult NHS adorance.

Its not the best health service in the world, not by a long shot.
For some strange reason repeating this mantra is one of the top 5 requirements to be 'british'.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Thank fuck I am not your Mum. Bet you bollock her for keeping warm in the winter as she is warming the world up and causing global climate issues.
My mum has dementia, brain damage, is pre-diabetic and wayyyy overweight.

If she gets a sniff of coronavirus she won't make it. Period.

Because of the way she now is, rational conversation cannot influence her action, never mind overrule a nicotine addiction.

So yes, bollocking, including a raised voice and choice swearwords she *really* doesn't like.

She now waits for her fags like a good little spastic.

There ain't no other way to manage the situation, unfortunately. I make it up to her by talking her on nightly zoom walks.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Because of the way she now is, rational conversation cannot influence her action, never mind overrule a nicotine addiction.

So yes, bollocking, including a raised voice and choice swearwords she *really* doesn't like.

There ain't no other way to manage the situation, unfortunately. I make it up to her by talking her on nightly zoom walks.
Sorry to hear that but if that is the case why is she still living alone? Why not you look after her seeing as you work from home?

Surely she has more risk at leaving the hob/oven on and causing a fire?

If you shout at her today and say many swear words surely she may have forgotten them tomorrow?

Yoni

I think you are too nice @Deebs..... @Scouse I appreciate that she is your mother and you believe that due to that you can speak about her in such away - your porogative however do not ever call me inhumane again - regardless of how she got there she is a human being and I really do not think that using the term spastic to describe someone who has an addiction is very humane - but if I remember correctly you do not have any level of tolerance for humans with addiction issues so I am unsure why I am surprised.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think you are too nice @Deebs..... @Scouse I appreciate that she is your mother and you believe that due to that you can speak about her in such away - your porogative however do not ever call me inhumane again - regardless of how she got there she is a human being and I really do not think that using the term spastic to describe someone who has an addiction is very humane - but if I remember correctly you do not have any level of tolerance for humans with addiction issues so I am unsure why I am surprised.
Maybe, I just want some positivity in this crisis.

However I could NEVER call my Mum a spastic under any circumstance, been 13 years now since she left us. She had her faults at times but even with cancer of the bones and bells palsy she said stupid things which only made us cherish her more. She once said that due to her bells palsy that her children won't like/love her anymore. My response "Mum I don't care if you have no legs or arms or a head I will still love you more than you will ever understand".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear that but if that is the case why is she still living alone? Why not you look after her seeing as you work from home?
She's not there yet. I think the brain damage makes her seem worse than she is but I think she's on the early curve of dementia (can remember things, but she's a bit simple).

She is autonomous though. And wants to be that way. So as long as she's not a danger to herself or others then she's ok in her sheltered accommodation.

The other things are: 1) we don't have either the space or the necessary layout that could care for her physical disabilities (stairs would be dangerous for her) and 2) no fucking way. Whilst I do love her there's zero chance that I'd do that - it's a long and complex history and she made her bed a long time ago.

It's funny. People who had good close loving relationships with their parents often cannot imagine that relationship another way. I've been told off on this forum for calling my mum a bitch - but bitch she is. Amongst other things.

So no. If she goes too far then home (or meat grinder).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe, I just want some positivity in this crisis.

However I could NEVER call my Mum a spastic under any circumstance, been 13 years now since she left us. She had her faults at times but even with cancer of the bones and bells palsy she said stupid things which only made us cherish her more. She once said that due to her bells palsy that her children won't like/love her anymore. My response "Mum I don't care if you have no legs or arms or a head I will still love you more than you will ever understand".
Lacking a father from the age of four I'd have loved to have had such a relationship with my mother.

But I didn't and don't.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
She's not there yet. I think the brain damage makes her seem worse than she is but I think she's on the early curve of dementia (can remember things, but she's a bit simple).

She is autonomous though. And wants to be that way. So as long as she's not a danger to herself or others then she's ok in her sheltered accommodation.

The other things are: 1) we don't have either the space or the necessary layout that could care for her physical disabilities (stairs would be dangerous for her) and 2) no fucking way. Whilst I do love her there's zero chance that I'd do that - it's a long and complex history and she made her bed a long time ago.

It's funny. People who had good close loving relationships with their parents often cannot imagine that relationship another way. I've been told off on this forum for calling my mum a bitch - but bitch she is. Amongst other things.

So no. If she goes too far then home (or meat grinder).
Then if she decides to go out on her own accord you cannot criticize her for that as she has made a conscious decision based on fact surely?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Lacking a father from the age of four I'd have loved to have had such a relationship with my mother.

But I didn't and don't.
Sorry to hear that. Truly.

My Mum was my rock and best ever friend. Period. She was also like that to everyone. @Edmond can attest to that. She loved him like a son.

Yoni

But I didn't and don't.
Nor do I but I would never call her out as you have above ...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then if she decides to go out on her own accord you cannot criticize her for that as she has made a conscious decision based on fact surely?
Not really. She just wanted fags and couldn't wait (addiction overriding the sense she's got left).

Put it this way - my niece makes sure she has a lot of ice buns. Otherwise she'd be going to the shops to get her fix of sugar - even if her fridge was fully stocked.

Rational has never been her strong point. Even less so now...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not really. She just wanted fags and couldn't wait (addiction overriding the sense she's got left).

Put it this way - my niece makes sure she has a lot of ice buns. Otherwise she'd be going to the shops to get her fix of sugar - even if her fridge was fully stocked.

Rational has never been her strong point. Even less so now...
But does she know the risks to herself of going outside to get the fags?

Her desire for sugar may not necessarily mean ice buns but another alternative? I think the point is that you are saying she is mentally aware of making her own choices so if she chooses to risk herself then that is her choice.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I wouldn't call my mother a spastic, cunt yes, and the other cunt that sired me. I would encourage the pair of them to shop often.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I wouldn't call my mother a spastic, cunt yes, and the other cunt that sired me. I would encourage the pair of them to shop often.
Can we blame that on Boris?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman

I'm with you on this one. Sometimes this level of communication is necessary in order for them to even listen. I'd rather have said it my way and helped even a tiny bit as a result than kept my mouth shut or say something that I know won't have any effect.

Slightly more on topic. I've noticed that the ones going out without much protection are the ones considered to be the most vulnerable i.e. the elderly. I refuse to believe that they're not aware of it seeing as news and subsequent updates is rammed down our throats via every means possible. I'm even including the neighbours shouting it from the balconies in some places, literally.

My theory is that either:

a) they are looking to die
b) they think they've lived through all sorts and think they are untouchable by this virus

I mean, at the greengrocer there was one elderly lady picking up individual tomatoes to put in her bag without any gloves. When the guy noticed and told her to put gloves on she got angry almost. Is it the same for you guys?

I've not seen any younger children out at all so can't comment on them but I'd expect they'd be either left at home or made to wear the full set by their parents.

Yoni

there are no facemasks or gloves being worn in Sweden by 99% of the people in Stockholm including me.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I'm with you on this one. Sometimes this level of communication is necessary in order for them to even listen. I'd rather have said it my way and helped even a tiny bit as a result than kept my mouth shut or say something that I know won't have any effect.

Slightly more on topic. I've noticed that the ones going out without much protection are the ones considered to be the most vulnerable i.e. the elderly. I refuse to believe that they're not aware of it seeing as news and subsequent updates is rammed down our throats via every means possible. I'm even including the neighbours shouting it from the balconies in some places, literally.

My theory is that either:

a) they are looking to die
b) they think they've lived through all sorts and think they are untouchable by this virus

I mean, at the greengrocer there was one elderly lady picking up individual tomatoes to put in her bag without any gloves. When the guy noticed and told her to put gloves on she got angry almost. Is it the same for you guys?

I've not seen any younger children out at all so can't comment on them but I'd expect they'd be either left at home or made to wear the full set by their parents.

I think by the time you reach a certain age you get more comfortable with the concept of your own mortality - being a golfer I've run into a few people that age, most seem to think that if it's their turn its their turn.

It's even the same with my mum - she's 78 and self isolating due to age even if she isn't happy about it. However based on talking to her, I'd suggest after you've survived WW2, Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, hole in the ozone layer, Global Warming, the existence of Liverpool etcetera - then this probably isn't as scary as it is for the Love Island generation.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The ending part i quite liked, have insurance companies do this

The danger is of course that they would weigh cost of paying out life insurance vs vs all their other insurances

Programming as a side gig is becoming quite common with academics, a friend of mine in civil engineering acadamia regular runs Fortran stuff, so this kind of thing probably is going to become more common

Embattle

FH is my second home
A couple of points:

1. Blood is thicker than water - Once a family relationship breakdown they tend to go big and aren't easily recovered if ever, I've seen it in my mums own family thus while I don't have any issues with my immediate family I can easily accept Scouse might and I wouldn't judge him on it.
2. Child->Teenager->Adult->Teenager->Child - It seems this is the process for quite a few, as we pass adulthood our attitude and metal capacity tends to go backwards.
3. Common Sense - It really isn't that common, we've seen it even in the current lockdown with people sunbathing, having parties, getting their hair cut, etc. thus any lifting of the lockdown will be heavily affected by the stupid members in our society.

Job

Anyway worth having a read of the below - an ex-Google engineer has taken a look at the code Prof Shagger put together. It isn't pretty.

Code Review of Ferguson's Model – Lockdown Sceptics
I'll have to admit that running a model with more cpu's gives vastly different results amazes me.
Are different parts given different cpus and who gets there first adjusts the outcome?

Job

22 Bame doctors dead and only 1 white.

Jezus fucking christ

Embattle

FH is my second home
In the SW the news today stated that nearly as many people have died outside hospital as in them, I suspect it may be due to the large ratio of care homes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom