Politics Coronavirus

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The US has nearly 1/3 of the world's cases and over 1/4 of the world's deaths in ~1/20th of the world's population. What's there to praise about that?

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
The media just dont want to praise...pointlessly obviously....the US for their very low death rate so far.

More interested in ramming home our total deaths and calling us the sick man of Europe.

Where as this is our actual death rate vs population...doesnt make clickbait headlines though.

View attachment 41544

:wanker:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Probably because they were being put under huge amounts of pressure on this topic by the good old British press.... They shouldn’t have risen to the occasion by bragging

For me one of the biggest mistakes this government is making throughout the crisis is over-promising and under delivering or failing to deliver.

In my country of residence there have been big challenges in testing and PPE and when pushed the PHA answer when they have the capacity and when the goods have arrived and been checked. No numbers no peacocking just straight answers - and when a shitload of CE equipment arrived that was not fit for use it was reported no hoohar.

Still, could be worse:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/fault...-as-goat-and-fruit-test-positive-in-tanzania/

Bodhi

The wife is just in the process of ordering KFC. Not my favourite fast food by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure beats the bacon sandwiches/cheese toasties I've been living on for weeks.

Nature is healing.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
The wife is just in the process of ordering KFC. Not my favourite fast food by any stretch of the imagination, but it sure beats the bacon sandwiches/cheese toasties I've been living on for weeks.

Nature is healing.

Can neither of you cook?

Bodhi

Can neither of you cook?

Well yes of course, but when grabbing a quick bite at lunchtime I'm not the most imaginative - it's usually what cheese or pig based product can I stick in some bread and munch down.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Well yes of course, but when grabbing a quick bite at lunchtime I'm not the most imaginative - it's usually what cheese or pig based product can I stick in some bread and munch down.

Ah, just lazy then :)

I've just had chilli chicken and salad wraps followed by Mrs Yucks Victoria Sponge cake. Yum.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Nature is healing.
Delivered?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Sorry Job too many reasons to list as to why you can not use that compare- please stop
Yes but the same reasons why we cannot use the single figure of deaths from each country as a comparison also. And many people are mistakenly doing that.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Nature is healing.
We dont have any of the chains open round here. And no deliveroo or uber eats for us.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Haven't bought my own fast food in a couple of years. Was on a weekend away with some mates towards the end of last year and we visited McD's and KFC as quick stops between pubs.

They're *fucking rank* (especially KFC).

I eat like a bloody king me. You are what you eat, apparently :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You are what you eat, apparently :)
If that's true then many here must dine exclusively on lady parts based on their behaviour because they act like such...

j/k ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You must eat a lot of condescending pricks then. :)
Touche :)

But seriously, fast food makes me feel sick now. I can cram it in but it's never the "taste sensation" the adverts sell (apart from maybe a sausage and egg mcmuffin - which is dirty as hell).

A couple of hours after eating that stuff I feel a bit queezy. Which is why I avoid like the plague.

Well, that and the fact that it's made from reconstituted lips and arseholes and by McDonald's own admission in court their "beef" contained 5% fecal matter :\

But then - even the ice in the drinks of fast food chains, and the touchscreens you now use to order, are covered in shit. So if that makes me a condescending prick, I'm happy to be one :)

Bodhi

As I said KFC wouldn't be my choice, but in absence of anything nicer it hit the spot.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Id love to see more of this when going out :) and wonder why no one thought of it earlier
upload_2020-5-7_16-43-45.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Id love to see more of this when going out :) and wonder why no one thought of it earlier
View attachment 41545
There's been a few of these in South Bank in London for quite a while now. I think there were some in Newcastle last time I visited too.

I wasn't fussed at the time but the o/h would consider it now I reckon.

Embattle

FH is my second home

But seriously, fast food makes me feel sick now. I can cram it in but it's never the "taste sensation" the adverts sell (apart from maybe a sausage and egg mcmuffin - which is dirty as hell).

I love a Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin, we had some home made ones on Sunday.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I love a Double Sausage & Egg McMuffin, we had some home made ones on Sunday.
Cool. Home made > Actual thing every time.

For a start you can get real bread, quality eggs n sausage meat with meat in it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think by the time you reach a certain age you get more comfortable with the concept of your own mortality - being a golfer I've run into a few people that age, most seem to think that if it's their turn its their turn.

It's even the same with my mum - she's 78 and self isolating due to age even if she isn't happy about it. However based on talking to her, I'd suggest after you've survived WW2, Cold War, Cuban Missile Crisis, hole in the ozone layer, Global Warming, the existence of Liverpool etcetera - then this probably isn't as scary as it is for the Love Island generation.
I have said this to my kids for a few years. When I go I go and get ready to deal with it. They do not like it but it is a fact of life. You start to die the day you are born.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Nature is healing.
Just had a large popcorn chicken delivered. Doing my bit for all those employees.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

A couple of hours after eating that stuff I feel a bit queezy. Which is why I avoid like the plague.

Well, that and the fact that it's made from reconstituted lips and arseholes and by McDonald's own admission in court their "beef" contained 5% fecal matter :\

But then - even the ice in the drinks of fast food chains, and the touchscreens you now use to order, are covered in shit. So if that makes me a condescending prick, I'm happy to be one :)
That is due to extensive tree hugging. Those whose do not tree hug enjoy the food much more than you. :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@Deebs - in answer to the question you posed:

I think all the NHS trusts for each country are doing well with what they've got. They're involved in but not responsible for full pandemic planning - and they follow the 2011 pandemic plan which was prepared by the department of health.

That plan is inadequate (it was due to be updated but the pandemic planning was cancelled by the tories (yes, actual blame)) and also - it's funding provision was also massively inadequate (because demand has outstripped supply for the past decade in the NHS, the tories - well aware of this - have underfunded). So stockpiling in a time of austerity was never going to be a thing - and wasn't really a requirement of the 2011 pandemic plan. (In fact - unless specifically funded and ring-fenced the fact that NHS trusts didn't hold massive stockpiles of PPE and testing kits was to be expected - their limited funding was already costing lives).

Tactically I think they're all doing OK. The problem is not one created by the NHS in each country - it's one of strategic planning - and although priorities are set locally within the NHS (generally a good thing) strategy for pandemic planning is still centrally coordinated.

And the buck stops where? Oh yes. The government of the last 10 years, who've been asleep at the wheel - despite actual pandemic scares and experts telling them it was a matter of when not if.

Central planning failure. Top level failure. It can't be pushed on NHS trusts which have, largely, been as prepared as can be expected given their constraints and levels of autonomy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Peston and the MSM are just vile cunts out to entice new viewers. (Morgan is not a journalist but a fucking lying cunt).
@Deebs - in answer to the question you posed:

I think all the NHS trusts for each country are doing well with what they've got. They're involved in but not responsible for full pandemic planning - and they follow the 2011 pandemic plan which was prepared by the department of health.

That plan is inadequate (it was due to be updated but the pandemic planning was cancelled by the tories (yes, actual blame)) and also - it's funding provision was also massively inadequate (because demand has outstripped supply for the past decade in the NHS, the tories - well aware of this - have underfunded). So stockpiling in a time of austerity was never going to be a thing - and wasn't really a requirement of the 2011 pandemic plan. (In fact - unless specifically funded and ring-fenced the fact that NHS trusts didn't hold massive stockpiles of PPE and testing kits was to be expected - their limited funding was already costing lives).

Tactically I think they're all doing OK. The problem is not one created by the NHS in each country - it's one of strategic planning - and although priorities are set locally within the NHS (generally a good thing) strategy for pandemic planning is still centrally coordinated.

And the buck stops where? Oh yes. The government of the last 10 years, who've been asleep at the wheel - despite actual pandemic scares and experts telling them it was a matter of when not if.

Central planning failure. Top level failure. It can't be pushed on NHS trusts which have, largely, been as prepared as can be expected given their constraints and levels of autonomy.
How the fuck can it when health care is devolved. All the 4 Govts are not responsible for the 80%+ private care homes. Those fat fucks driving around in their sports cars to blame.

You think that if Labour or the Lib Dems won in December 2019 they would have been prepared. Fuck me, I have an arsehole you can lick for free.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Seriously anyone who was nursing severely ill covid patients, dealing with respiratory equipment..ones who are spraying active virus out with every cough should be given a top medal...the victoria cross or something and those who did it without proper ppe should be made an OBE.
If they give another one to any fucking celeb or footballer Im going to lose my shit.
So many healthy young adults taken out by large virus load.
Unexcusable.

Complete selfless heroes.
I would only go in a covid ventilator ward with a fucking air fed hazmat suit.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
4X as likely to die.
I think I was called racist for pointing this out weeks ago.
And that level of idiotic concluding is probably the main reason its happening.
Ons chart.

28108524-0-image-a-1_1588842275441.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom