Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Mr 500K dead.

Sorry..50K dead, I was shagging someones wife and changed average UK age to 500 with my ass.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Hancock is such a fucking prick... what was wrong with her "tone"?

It's almost Trump-like, he was a fanny hair away from calling it a nasty question.

Job

Only 330 people under 45 killed by covid in the UK
If youre under 45, healthy and not BAME your chances of dying are effectively zero.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
@Job can you not just voluntarily fuck off?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
New Zealand is a good example, they dealt with it extremley well because they did not wait, they did not have a period of just sing happy birthday and wash your hands, or a lets wait and see what happens. They listened to the warnings and closed down lright away.
In regards to UK Government i think we need to break it down int 3sections, Pre Covid, Start of Covid and During Covid.
For me the Government mainly and massivly failed pre Covid with constant cuts to public services. You can argue NHS has too much bloat and too many middle managers but why not cut there then instead of block frontline Nurses pay rises ect. Wont even go into the fact of how Boris and friends even celebrated actions like that!
Star of Covid they was way too slow, as i said earlier our initial strategy was ignore WHO and sing happy Birthday while possibly waiting for us to die from herd immunity.
During Covid though like Scouse i dont think they have done a bad job and things like number of tests per day really doesnt bother me. Infact in this instance it is Labour being childish as they nit pick. And this is whats wrong with the UK and its politics. Boris and co didnt cheer because they hate nurses and wanted their pay stopped, they cheered because they are children and had got one up on Labour, likewise with how Labour now are picking at number of tests, they dont care it is just a chance to score points.
Remove them all in my opinion and find a group of adults that care more about the country than some endless political point scoring game.
Rant over ! :)
Claim that Conservatives voted against a nurse pay rise needs some context

Job

Except now New Zealand is now stuck with a totally lockdowned population.

Everyone who covid will kill are just sitting there waiting to catch it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ive just told you a fact....this is where we are, you are so convinced of disaster that anything but its confirmation is abhorrant to you.
If it was a fact post the verified source where you got the information from.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Malaga has just had 0 deaths in the last 72 hours which is the best since this thing started mid-March. In the last 24h we've had 5 new infected though. I try waiting for the stats to come out mid week to compensate for the inactivity of the weekend where things generally look better as I'm pretty sure not as much testing (if at all) takes place over the weekends.

Maybe it's too soon to check numbers after the new phase 0 elements implemented since Saturday? (where people are allowed out at certain times of the day depending on their age/risk group)

Currently we're on track to hitting phase 1 (assuming all goes well, it would start next Monday 11 May) where the bigger points are restaurant terraces will be able to be opened at 50% capacity, small businesses will be able to resume trading under restrictions and arguably the biggest change where social visits (so friends and family outside of your immediate household) can take place for up to 10 people as long as they maintain social distancing guidelines.

I think allowing social visiting will be a make or break in terms of the progress. I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into a revival of the infection rate.

Job

I swear they have deleted or hidden since the Mail posting it.
Anyway..heres the ONS graph, youll have to guess it from the obviously piss poor vertical quantities.
I mean why such a crappy little graph when they analyse the fuck out of everything.

Screenshot_2020-05-06-08-59-00-1-1.png
It would seem next to no females under 45 have died.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I swear they have deleted or hidden since the Mail posting it.
Anyway..heres the ONS graph, youll have to guess it from the obviously piss poor vertical quantities.
I mean why such a crappy little graph when they analyse the fuck out of everything.

View attachment 41536
It would seem next to no females under 45 have died.

Are you incapable of getting it direct from ONS?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I keep seeing reports on airlines wanting to start flying but keeping the middle seats empty to help with social distancing. Um, last time I checked most planes are pressurised cylinders with recycled air. How the fuck does keeping the middle seats empty stop/slow the spread of the virus in what is effectively a sealed flying petri dish?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Already stated I would not be using it so don't give a shit.
That's exactly what you want to hear about an app that relies on as many people as possible using it to be effective.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I've just been into town DIY shopping, with my full Corona kit on, pain in this heat but hey ho.
It's looking more normal, quite a few people around even though hardly anywhere is open. Most wearing masks but not all. In the places I went there were a few people who seemed a little bit cavalier about the whole thing. I hope that because the numbers are so low here they are not getting too relaxed. I really don't want to get shut away again for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom