Politics Coronavirus

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Taken from Here

If you think it through, having that kind of cover as standard would kill the insurance company as it implies something pretty fucking major had happened and everyone would claim at the same time. Now, if you want to pay extra for that cover, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate.
[/QUOTE]

Ultimately it doesn’t matter because we’ll all end up bailing out the banks and insurance companies (again) anyway.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Or, the UK gov shouldn't have modelled their whole reaction on a completely different virus and should've listened when people almost universally questioned what they were planning. They effectively wasted a week until the models showed that it'd lead to 250k deaths and they went with what everybody else was doing but in such a way that after every announcement, there was confusion everywhere. Johnson recommended people not go to bars/restaurants/etc but he didn't close them, which would've led to all of those business owners being unable to claim insurance because they weren't forcibly closed. People still don't have a clue what's happening with exams in the UK. And the schools are shutting. Great. But let's give the kids 2 more full days to get nice and infected before sending them home. If you're going to shut the schools, shut them as of the announcement to shut them.

People don't want his foppish mumbling bullshit right now, they want a leader to stand up and fucking tell them what's going on and what they HAVE to do.
Wouldnt couldnt shouldnt. They are telling us what to do.

theres no perfect solution. Everyone is making their best choices given the data available. Hind sight is 100% accurate ;)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Boris has probably got money in Lloyds or his mates have. He's a full blown cunt.
The insurance companies have said that the government has said enough for any policies that cover this event to kick in.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Is anyone getting the 'Prince Philip has died' whatsapps and texts?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Ultimately it doesn’t matter because we’ll all end up bailing out the banks and insurance companies (again) anyway.[/QUOTE]
Of course cause the insurance companies dont have infinite funds and thats why the gov has announced grants and loans for business to support it.

everyone seems to expect that theres a financed solution to cover this extraordinary event. There isnt

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was going to go to the Tesco Superstore this morning at 6am when it opens, got up at 5.30am, had a coffee and then thought fuck it, cannot be arsed. 15 minutes later got a text from my brother at the same store saying it is packed and people are going mental. He only went in on the way to work for some toothpaste and some gluten free pasta for his missus. He just picked up the minimum he needed and got out.

Supermarkets limiting the number of items is one thing but they need to now start enforcing social distancing. Allow a few in at a time. Send in the Army to man the doors for all I care. People are just not listening to any advice being given out.

Also just saw on Twitter about Costco in Farnborough, people queuing outside to get in and they are packed like sardines. FFS!

Also people are buying powdered baby formula as a substitute for milk (fucking yuck). Spoke to my daughter yesterday, who is in self isolation with her partner due to having a cold/chronic asthma and Dr advised her to play safe and stay in, who mentioned she was down to her last tin of baby milk for her newborn. She cannot get out and nowhere online is delivering or have it in stock. I took the details of the milk Romeo requires and found that my Boots had stock. Fuck work, straight to Boots and bought 2 tins and 2 bags of nappies.

Rang her and told her to send her partner over to pick the stuff up. When he got close I came outside and put the stuff on the floor and waited, kept 3 metres away and had a brief chat with him. Back to Boots tomorrow to pick up more supplies for them.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Was going to go to the Tesco Superstore this morning at 6am when it opens, got up at 5.30am, had a coffee and then thought fuck it, cannot be arsed. 15 minutes later got a text from my brother at the same store saying it is packed and people are going mental. He only went in on the way to work for some toothpaste and some gluten free pasta for his missus. He just picked up the minimum he needed and got out.

Supermarkets limiting the number of items is one thing but they need to now start enforcing social distancing. Allow a few in at a time. Send in the Army to man the doors for all I care. People are just not listening to any advice being given out.

Also just saw on Twitter about Costco in Farnborough, people queuing outside to get in and they are packed like sardines. FFS!

Also people are buying powdered baby formula as a substitute for milk (fucking yuck). Spoke to my daughter yesterday, who is in self isolation with her partner due to having a cold/chronic asthma and Dr advised her to play safe and stay in, who mentioned she was down to her last tin of baby milk for her newborn. She cannot get out and nowhere online is delivering or have it in stock. I took the details of the milk Romeo requires and found that my Boots had stock. Fuck work, straight to Boots and bought 2 tins and 2 bags of nappies.

Rang her and told her to send her partner over to pick the stuff up. When he got close I came outside and put the stuff on the floor and waited, kept 3 metres away and had a brief chat with him. Back to Boots tomorrow to pick up more supplies for them.
I park at a Morrisons store every morning. Got there at 8:25am today and despite there being no traffic on the roads the store car park was mental busy. Queues at tills 10 trollies deep.

Grabbed a 4-pack of Cushelle (almost the last bogroll of any kind) and queued at the self-serve tills and got out. Not short of anything yet but my bogroll supplies are getting lower.

Might have to experiment with the shower-head next week :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Got to say, I’m quite shocked at how unBritish, the British are being at the moment. Generally people are behaving pretty well over here, and the supermarkets are on the ball as well (one chain is exercising a limited numbers per store approach and another is organising distancing near tills) There were a couple of issues with the pubs and it turned out that was mostly Brits as well.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got to say, I’m quite shocked at how unBritish, the British are being at the moment. Generally people are behaving pretty well over here, and the supermarkets are on the ball as well (one chain is exercising a limited numbers per store approach and another is organising distancing near tills) There were a couple of issues with the pubs and it turned out that was mostly Brits as well.
Traditional British culture died out a couple of decades ago to be replaced with the brash, Sun-reader, self-centred flag-waving culture that thinks it is British but is anything but.

Benidorm fat, chips-with-everything, beetroot-sun-burnt, proudly-ignorant twats. That's British culture now.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I sincerely hope they don't start manning the doors as then you'll just get people dropping down another rung and stealing shit instead.
People are just not listening
It's become permissible for people in society to behave however they wish which translates into them being as selfish as possible. They will never listen as they've been systematically taught to do the opposite?

This is what the world is really like on a daily basis. No consequences, no responsibility, no morality. Now we're just all being forced to stop and stare at it together.

I hope you keep managing to get what you need for your daughter @Deebs

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Grabbed a 4-pack of Cushelle (almost the last bogroll of any kind) and queued at the self-serve tills and got out. Not short of anything yet but my bogroll supplies are getting lower.

Might have to experiment with the shower-head next week :/
My Welsh shack has a working bidet so I can happily was my dirty ringpiece from tomorrow, paper-free.

Water > Paper any day of the week. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Traditional British culture died out a couple of decades ago to be replaced with the brash, Sun-reader, self-centred flag-waving culture that thinks it is British but is anything but.

Benidorm fat, chips-with-everything, beetroot-sun-burnt, proudly-ignorant twats. That's British culture now.
You just described @Job perfectly.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
We've got security guards at the supermarket doors,and lines on the floor outside for separation. Some are handing out glove and gel as you go in, they won't let you in unless you use them. Separation of 1m inside and told to cover your mouth if coughing. A lot of stuff is now in sealed bags that wasn't before, bread batons for example. Card payment only in most places that are still open.
We did have panic buying here last week but it's calmed down now, the shelves are pretty full as usual.
I went out this morning, small English supermarket first (Oxo cubes) which is fully stocked but twice the price of the Spanish shops, as usual. I was then supposed to go to Lidl, their water is calcium free so won't knacker the coffee maker or kettle. Drove up looked at the car park and kept going.
The Brits here are a weird bunch. Lidl is always packed, while the local supermarkets are comparatively empty. The local supermarkets are far superior in both price and choice (except water), but the Brits like the familar.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Yeh I don't understand the mentality of people here. I would never hoard, was trying to do an online shop to make a spagbol and a chilli con carne, no ingredients available, not even garlic bulbs.

Totally agree. Not sure why it seems to have gone wrong :(

I sincerely hope they don't start manning the doors as then you'll just get people dropping down another rung and stealing shit instead.
It's become permissible for people in society to behave however they wish which translates into them being as selfish as possible. They will never listen as they've been systematically taught to do the opposite?

This is what the world is really like on a daily basis. No consequences, no responsibility, no morality. Now we're just all being forced to stop and stare at it together.

I hope you keep managing to get what you need for your daughter @Deebs

Thanks. I will do everything I can, hence every other day trips and not everyday so others can get their baby stuff as well.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
That's been all over FB here for days. Today they would get arrested, with 1 to 3 years in the big house.
Yup, you're right. That's from a couple of days ago, they've replied to their own tweet with how it looks now - a ghost town...

Job

Yeh I don't understand the mentality of people here. I would never hoard, was trying to do an online shop to make a spagbol and a chilli con carne, no ingredients available, not even garlic bulbs.

Totally agree. Not sure why it seems to have gone wrong :(

Thanks. I will do everything I can, hence every other day trips and not everyday so others can get their baby stuff as well.
There have always been obnoxious louts for hundreds of years, every country has them.

The fucking Vikings were the worst.

Job

I see the doctors receptionists have falken back on old school 'fuck you'.

Went to the surgery to pick up father in laws prescription.
Door closed, crowd outside.
Eventually she opens the window a crack and says...'no paper prescriptions' and slams it shut.

So the crowd get restless...these are fucking prescriptions..not bog roll.
Eventually re appears, 'they have all been sent to chemists'..fair enough.

Except those that dont have digital prescriptions'.
Thats half the crowd.

'You'll have to ring the surgery'.
Wtf
So we rang and spoke to the same woman, who one by one pushed them under the door.
I can understand her caution, but why didnt she just explain that the first fucking time.
I think they enjoy the power.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
'You'll have to ring the surgery'.
Wtf
What do you mean 'wtf'?

It's been a consistent message since day 1.

Ring your fucking doctors. Don't be a moron and turn up. Period.

How many times do you have to be told that before you get it through your thick skull?

Isolation. I.E. WTF are these retards turning up at doctors for without ringing.

It's fucking YOU - not them.

Job

Well its not my fucking stuff, roped in as usual because everyone else is self isolating.

I was told they were expecting me.

Nephew has fever, so the entire family are off work and staying in, he posts a whatsapp that hes just won an online scrabble tournament while I standing in a fucking queue outside a chemist

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
"maybe noone has worked harder than Mike Pence, <insert slight pause>, or me". The guy is a cunt.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom