Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have been thinking about this a lot over night and although I understand for some of you it is difficult to go wihtout sociability I believe that as much as possible you should respect the requests of your governments and for the UK / Sweden that means avoid unecessary contacts and in other countries it means fill out a form to go outside to get food or take a walk.

I believe that the UK are not forcing this not because they do not want to take responsibility but they are hoping that the citizens of the UK can behave responsibly and do what is asked. It will put a massive strain on emergency services should people just carry on as normal to a point where they resort to martial law. I really believe that it is incredibly selfish to carry on meeting in groups as going down the pubs with your mates even with social distancing could start a cluster of infection which will lead to martial law - effecively what is happening in France and Spain.

The UK and Sweden (and other countries not using policing now to ensure people stay in doors as recommended) are hoping that citizens can do the right thing. From what i see in my area in Stockholm, citizens are staying home, going to the shops where necessary, utlising home delivery networks etec etc. Currently there has been an update in that all schools with children over 16 are moving to distance learning leaving pre, low and mid schools open only as to close these will effect the efficiency of the emergency services.
I requested full time WFH last week and it was granted. I suspect the rest of the Company will follow suit sometime this week, tomorrow is a "everyone who can work from home so we can test the infrastructure".

Shops are still being pillaged which is a shame and online food delivery slots are non-existant plus most of the stock missing in the shops is the same stuff missing online.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I like the "nationalised private health" one.

Basically - private healthcare isn't there to meet the needs of the people. It's there to keep the rich in good nick.

The only ones in spain now with private health are the super-rich, who employ their own doctors/own their own mri's...

When push comes to shove it shows that the wants of the rich and the actions of capitalism aren't aligned with maximum public good.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I requested full time WFH last week and it was granted. I suspect the rest of the Company will follow suit sometime this week, tomorrow is a "everyone who can work from home so we can test the infrastructure".

Shops are still being pillaged which is a shame and online food delivery slots are non-existant plus most of the stock missing in the shops is the same stuff missing online.
My company has critical only staff in offices. Rest wfh. If you cannot vpn in then stay home and you get paid anyway for now.

hibernating my non profit company. Mostly run by volunteers who are older.

my mum is going bat shit cause she might have to live with her own company for a while. Quite upset at the thought.

Doesnt bother me. Do what i have to and stay away from ppl some. Could drive to the middle of dartmoor on a nice day haha

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think the entertainment industry should be distributing new films and such on ppv tv rather than pushing them back until they get the cinema audiences. It seems the obvious thing they can do.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
One side effect we are feeling here is that the internets are slowing down. Ping of 400 and down from 26mb to 15mb at best.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am not tory lover but they are what you have in the UK - you need to trust them to do the right thing - just like I have to trust social democrats in Sweden to do the right thing (and they are both taking the same actions but one right wing and one left wing).

Embattle

FH is my second home
I spoke to my GP and during our conversation she said I should avoid coming to the surgery and contact her via the phone again since I'm on immunosuppressants.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I spoke to my GP and during our conversation she said I should avoid coming to the surgery and contact her via the phone again since I'm on immunosuppressants.
Well of course. Your immune system is compromised if you are on them

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How come, if you don't mind the public prying?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well of course. Your immune system is compromised if you are on them
But also a lot of people are dying from immune over reaction attacking your own lung cells.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's all very well you posting all these explanatory videos as if you're fully on board with flattening the curve but the attitudes of people like you towards the whole thing (saying that it's just like the flu and that it'll "pass through" and everybody is overreacting etc) is what leads to the "bad" scenario.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I saw the China report in the guard - let’s see how long it takes to calm the situation across the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom