Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I love the fact the supermarkets around here have signs about limiting the amount you can buy even though there is nothing on the shelf.
I've not been over the weekend but when I went on Thursday last week all the shelves were chock full.

I honestly can't think of any time ever that we're going to starve due to this. I can imagine the panic in people's minds about missing a single meal tho - it is terrifing to so many people.

When I talk about keto, calorie restriction or, gasp, a 24-hour fast (never mind a 3 day water fast) with the legion of fat wankers that make up the majority of the United Kingdom some people get purple-in-the-face angry with me - literally can barely contain an outburst of real rage - at the idea that skipping a meal or two does no harm.

I've never actually turned around to these purple-faced ragers and said "you could definitely do with skipping a few meals fattie" but maybe I should. Because it's this sort of person that's terrified they won't be able to wipe their all-to-often-used arseholes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I've not been over the weekend but when I went on Thursday last week all the shelves were chock full.

I honestly can't think of any time ever that we're going to starve due to this. I can imagine the panic in people's minds about missing a single meal tho - it is terrifing to so many people.

When I talk about keto, calorie restriction or, gasp, a 24-hour fast (never mind a 3 day water fast) with the legion of fat wankers that make up the majority of the United Kingdom some people get purple-in-the-face angry with me - literally can barely contain an outburst of real rage - at the idea that skipping a meal or two does no harm.

I've never actually turned around to these purple-faced ragers and said "you could definitely do with skipping a few meals fattie" but maybe I should. Because it's this sort of person that's terrified they won't be able to wipe their all-to-often-used arseholes.

I’m not certain people are stockpiling because of fear of food running out; I think more than a few are concerned they might not be seeing a pay cheque for a while. Dublin looks like the opening scene of 28 Days Later at the moment, which means there are a lot of shop, cafe and bar workers not getting paid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I’m not certain people are stockpiling because of fear of food running out; I think more than a few are concerned they might not be seeing a pay cheque for a while. Dublin looks like the opening scene of 28 Days Later at the moment, which means there are a lot of shop, cafe and bar workers not getting paid.
So you think they're spending all their money right now in supermarkets because they're worried they'll blow what they've currently got on hookers and coke if they think they've got a wage coming in?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Lmao look at the triple facepalm from the resident tories who don't give a shit that a person from this forum is literally putting theirselves in danger because the Tories want to save face.

Lmao.

Can't wait for your relatives to be in hospital then you complaining how inadequate the services are.

Fucking pond life.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Preaching of the

Preaching of the converted

Gwadien

Had a kid sent home today because of symptoms.

We won't ever know if she actually has it because she's not sick enough to go to the hospital, so I could probably have it but we won't know until I'm on a respirator because they only test if they go into hospitals.

Gee thanks Tories.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
So you think they're spending all their money right now in supermarkets because they're worried they'll blow what they've currently got on hookers and coke if they think they've got a wage coming in?

No, I’m thinking they’re prioritising food over rent. Who knows if they’ll even be able to sign on?

This is my biggest concern over all of this; everyone is skating over the true economic fallout from all of this and I’m not talking about stock markets and recession, I’m talking about millions of people living from paycheck to paycheck and vast numbers of small businesses that won’t survive the next month. Everyone’s blithely talking about bars and restaurants closing down but they’re not talking about their landlords forgoing their rent or a moratorium on their business rates etc.

I genuinely think we can collectively keep this shutdown of economic activity going for only a couple of weeks before the cure becomes more damaging than the disease. If we go on longer then a cascade of business failures will start bringing down supply chains.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We won't ever know if she actually has it because she's not sick enough to go to the hospital, so I could probably have it but we won't know until I'm on a respirator because they only test if they go into hospitals.

TBH, quit whining about it Gwad. You pretty much signed up to be first-in-line for all new diseases when you decided to be a teacher.

That's just first in line, of course - because pretty much *all* of us are going to get it at some point.

If you're on a respirator? You're pretty much the lowest-risk category. That's why we're not shutting the schools. Pragmatically we've decided we can't stop it's progress, so spread it amongst the young and able-bodied first, whilst keeping it away from Granny as much as possible.

You shouldn't be encouraging sending little ill kids to hospital, however, because regardless of coronavirus hospitals are always one of the most dangerous places in the country to be.

Maybe this'll make it fucking dawn on people that you *only go to hospital if something is seriously wrong* eh?

In the meantime, coronavirus will take it's course. Fingers crossed we've chosen the best course of action for our country in a difficult set of circumstances. But I don't see why we should be closing schools right now - all this is about is resource management and keeping old people out of the way until most of it is done.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person

Last time we went shopping was Friday, because we needed stuff. We bought double on the non-perishables, simply to cut down on our journeys out of the house and reduce exposure. We're good for a couple of weeks except for milk and bread. We tried to buy flour and yeast but got beaten to it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Last time we went shopping was Friday, because we needed stuff. We bought double on the non-perishables, simply to cut down on our journeys out of the house and reduce exposure. We're good for a couple of weeks except for milk and bread. We tried to buy flour and yeast but got beaten to it.
Meh.

If I go without all food for two weeks we'll be 100% fine. I'll even be able to keep up gentle outdoors exercise.

2000 calories a day x 14 days = 28,000 calories. If I burn up 28,000 calories in two weeks that'll work out at about 8lbs weight loss. Great :)

The rest of you will be fucked from keto flu, but I'll be sitting pretty.

Meanwhile, life goes on in the non-terrified part of the world. I've told my mum to stay indoors. But if she catches it and karks it then it'd probably be a sweet release from her depression anyway ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Had a kid sent home today because of symptoms.

Gee thanks Tories.

Symptoms = take precautions.

I know of entire teams of speech language therapists (yes, not doctors or nurses, staff from other NHS disciplines) being trained up exhaustively to prepare for home swab visiting, and there are also a number of drive through test places too. You can grumble all you like, but I say 'meh' (not facepalm, mind) because a great many others are putting themselves right on the line for your benefit.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
No pasta or rice in the local supermarket this morning but everything else seemed absolutely normal.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
No, I’m thinking they’re prioritising food over rent. Who knows if they’ll even be able to sign on?

This is my biggest concern over all of this; everyone is skating over the true economic fallout from all of this and I’m not talking about stock markets and recession, I’m talking about millions of people living from paycheck to paycheck and vast numbers of small businesses that won’t survive the next month. Everyone’s blithely talking about bars and restaurants closing down but they’re not talking about their landlords forgoing their rent or a moratorium on their business rates etc.

I genuinely think we can collectively keep this shutdown of economic activity going for only a couple of weeks before the cure becomes more damaging than the disease. If we go on longer then a cascade of business failures will start bringing down supply chains.

This.

My 58 year old business is probably gone. I don't know how to handle what's going to happen.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Lmao look at the triple facepalm from the resident tories who don't give a shit that a person from this forum is literally putting theirselves in danger because the Tories want to save face.

Lmao.

Can't wait for your relatives to be in hospital then you complaining how inadequate the services are.

Fucking pond life.
Actually I am about to fp that post. Each country is at a different stage and will take action as and when necessary to keep people alive. You wittering on now about underfunding doesn't help anyone and actually increases panic - I really hope you are adulting more with the kids you teach at the moment. If not please be a grown up and do as your government requests, the UK government are working in a similar way to both Sweden and Finland. Currently we all have low numbers of deaths which is good it means that our health services can get through the normal winter shite before CV peaks in our countries. Kids at school is a good thing - who will look after them when they are home? The grandparents???? - great the group that we should be protecting.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Actually I am about to fp that post. Each country is at a different stage and will take action as and when necessary to keep people alive. You wittering on now about underfunding doesn't help anyone and actually increases panic - I really hope you are adulting more with the kids you teach at the moment. If not please be a grown up and do as your government requests, the UK government are working in a similar way to both Sweden and Finland. Currently we all have low numbers of deaths which is good it means that our health services can get through the normal winter shite before CV peaks in our countries. Kids at school is a good thing - who will look after them when they are home? The grandparents???? - great the group that we should be protecting.

That's all very well, but why be rational when you can just blame the Tories?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Finland just closed all schools and most public facilities, kindergartens still open though, but remember kids start school late in Finland (at age 7) and at that age are anyway expected to look after themselves for a few hours per day alone

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This.

My 58 year old business is probably gone. I don't know how to handle what's going to happen.
That sucks the fat one Gumbo. Sorry to hear :(

Is there nothing that can be done? What's your footfall/overhead?

I'm out of work on 31st at the moment - all contract turnovers have been frozen due to the combo of coronavirus and a massive redundancy programme. (That's aside from closing the business I've run for 20 years down due to Tory callousness, but hey ho).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good read hear from some chap who sounds as if he knows his onions:

Corona Is Slowing Down, Humanity Will Survive, Says Biophysicist Michael Levitt - CTech
Standard things - in response to the actions we're taking and continue to take the rate of spread is slowing - which is great.

It means, however, that Job will be a tit and say "it was all for nothing" - ignoring, of course, the fact that we've started shutting down businesses / borders / schools / public gatherings - i.e. some pretty fucking drastic actions.

Gwadien

As I expected from FH.

Lots of 'I'm alright jack' posts.

The only sensible post being from @Jupitus

Everyone else responding with 'Stop moaning, I'm alright, I'm working from home!'

Standard.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As I expected from FH.

You mean the bit where I said "we're all going to get it"?

Don't be such a viral-snowflake. You're going to get it. I'm going to get it. It's only you that's terrified about that fact.

Gwadien

You mean the bit where I said "we're all going to get it"?

Don't be such a viral-snowflake. You're going to get it. I'm going to get it. It's only you that's terrified about that fact.

But that isn't true.

It's true - Government's love a crisis because it means everyone becomes super compliant and ignores the sinister motives.

Yoni

As I expected from FH.

Everyone else responding with 'Stop moaning, I'm alright, I'm working from home!'

Standard.
Seriously there was no I am alright jack in my post. Please put your big boy pants on and behave like a fucking adult.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
But that isn't true.

It's true - Government's love a crisis because it means everyone becomes super compliant and ignores the sinister motives.
Swerve into tin-foil hattery much?

Yoni

oO grow up gwadien you are a teacher of little humans

Ormorof

FH is my second home
He already stated he has asthma, this means he is not only an at risk person but his precondition means he is higher up on the death risk list, he also works with kids who on a good day are magnificent disease spreaders (i have 2 myself) show some empathy ffs o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom