Politics Coronavirus

Embattle

FH is my second home
My sister had it and there are some issues, such as you can't really take NSAIDs and you can expanded it again by continuous bad eating.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My sister had it and there are some issues, such as you can't really take NSAIDs and you can expanded it again by continuous bad eating.
To be fair - NASIDs don't actually do very much at all (in fact, if you've sprained your ankle and take ibuprofen to take the swelling and pain down you're more likely to continue to harm yourself - the pain is there for a reason).

If you manage to continually badly eat after that surgery I'd hate to see what your stomach looks like! :eek7:

Embattle

FH is my second home
To be fair - NASIDs don't actually do very much at all (in fact, if you've sprained your ankle and take ibuprofen to take the swelling and pain down you're more likely to continue to harm yourself - the pain is there for a reason).

If you manage to continually badly eat after that surgery I'd hate to see what your stomach looks like! :eek7:

There are a considerable amount causes of inflammation for no discernible reason at all.

You know what some people have been known to do, melt chocolate bars and other items to turn them into liquids.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You're just butthurt @Moriath.

All I asked was for suggestions on how to approach a sensitive subject to help someone have a happier time with her family.

She doesn't *want* to be fat and immobile, jealous of the fact that the rest of her family are able to walk 30 minutes down, say, forestry track to town.

It upsets her that she can't do it - and upsets her family that when she visits and they want to go for a short walk she starts complaining that her family want to leave her there and starts making everyone feel bad.

But she won't take *any* action to fix that fixable situation.

That doesn't make everyone else intolerant or uncaring.
Those are conflicting statements mate, wishes don't do dishes it has to start with her actually doing something

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Those are conflicting statements mate, wishes don't do dishes it has to start with her actually doing something
How are they conflicting? Family has been trying all sorts of stuff for 20 years. That's pretty clear and certainly "actually doing something". It's now getting desparate, hence the posting.

I don't know why it is - but some people really don't like the fact that fat people have to take some responsibility for being fat and it's not everyone else's fault.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Is there any possibility the reason she acts miserable is that for 20 years people have been trying to make her change and this has now made her feel all sorts of negative emotions about herself and life. Sometimes we create self fulfilling prophecies without realising

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Is there any possibility the reason she acts miserable is that for 20 years people have been trying to make her change and this has now made her feel all sorts of negative emotions about herself and life. Sometimes we create self fulfilling prophecies without realising
Nah. It's her own fault.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
How are they conflicting? Family has been trying all sorts of stuff for 20 years. That's pretty clear and certainly "actually doing something". It's now getting desparate, hence the posting.

I don't know why it is - but some people really don't like the fact that fat people have to take some responsibility for being fat and it's not everyone else's fault.
Which is what I said, so guess you missed the bits I put in bold?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which is what I said, so guess you missed the bits I put in bold?
Ah sorry. I was taking it in the context of the rest of stuff. But yeah - I don't wanna be fat + eat cakes. But I can't give her shit for that specifically, otherwise 70% of UK wouldn't be biffers. But it's the 20 years of efforts because we could see the current clusterfuck coming that grates :(

More importantly - do I buy Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak for £2.99, or have I played so many RTSes that I simply won't give a fuck any more?

russell

FH is my second home
Mornin,

Hope you are all well... sounds like it 😁

My eldest daughter is massively obese. She is 20.
She’s always had a thing with food where she is never full and thinks about it constantly.
Kept it under control all the time she was under my watch, but now she is at Uni.
Getting bigger and bigger, smoking heavily and binge drinking lots (obvs. It’s Uni)

I’ve tried everything with her- getting her into running/nature/swimming, low carb, educating about nutrition, slimming world, watching my 600lb life, doctors to scare her, medication- (orlistat?) always telling her how beautiful she is... ignoring it...to giving her full shit about accountability over the years.
But I’ve Obs done something wrong, as she’s never truly got it under control.

Nothing works. 😢

My baby is huge and getting bigger rapidly- Yoni/peeps any advise?

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
You can't make people change. Leopards and spots. What you shouldn't do is put it on yourself.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
@russell! :) how ya doing? Post more!

Don't feel bad (not that sayimg that will help). It must be a bit heartbreaking to know you'rr trying everythimg you can think of to help your baby's health. But as @MYstIC G says - it's not about you.

I think it's a difficult thing at Uni. I put weight on massively there. I wasn't really conscious of what I was doing to myself. It was actually a combination of friends calling me a fat bastard and finishing a relationship that prompted me to self-assess.

One I got my own head in the game it became much easier. I'm responsible for me, nobody else is.

Cold comfort, I know.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mornin,

She’s always had a thing with food where she is never full and thinks about it constantly.
Kept it under control all the time she was under my watch, but now she is at Uni.
Getting bigger and bigger, smoking heavily and binge drinking lots (obvs. It’s Uni)

I’ve tried everything with her- getting her into running/nature/swimming, low carb, educating about nutrition, slimming world, watching my 600lb life, doctors to scare her, medication- (orlistat?) always telling her how beautiful she is... ignoring it...to giving her full shit about accountability over the years.

Nothing works. 😢

There is a medical condition where the brain just doesnt trigger to being full. Has she been to the drs?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Mornin,

Nothing works. 😢

The worst thing you can do ( and I know you are not :)) will be to “tell” her to lose weight - all you can do is to reinforce the good things she does (no matter how small) and ignore anything that is not good for her health.

Just so know know before I became super obese I was advised by my dr not to give up smoking - my weight was a bigger issue. Sadly we could not afford to smoke so I gave up and put on an additional 5 stone...... I have found historically that I naturally want to stop smoking when I become more physically active.

russell

FH is my second home
The worst thing you can do ( and I know you are not :)) will be to “tell” her to lose weight - all you can do is to reinforce the good things she does (no matter how small) and ignore anything that is not good for her health.

Just so know know before I became super obese I was advised by my dr not to give up smoking - my weight was a bigger issue. Sadly we could not afford to smoke so I gave up and put on an additional 5 stone...... I have found historically that I naturally want to stop smoking when I become more physically active.
Thanks Yoni. It’s so hard. She says she’s fine abd just loves food! But I reckon she is around 6 stone over weight now and she is really short, so doesn’t carry it well, bless her.

So keep with the positive? I was wondering about us doing a low carb/exercise regime together during the summer holidays.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm going to make an accusation here Yoni - I think you're being very prescriptive on what "the worst thing you can do" is.

Being called a fat cunt and having the piss taken out of me helped.

So you can't say it's the "worst thing you can do" - maybe it would have been for you. But for other people a brutal examination is motivational, not depressing.

I won't "bullshit" your post, but I think you're taking your experience as "gospel" and you discount alternative opinions.

Yoni

I will not diss your experience however being unkind when you have no understanding of a person’s situation is really not recommended.....

@russell if she just loves food then fun low carb cooking together (there are some great recipes out there if she had a sweet tooth using alternatives to sugar - not vile stevia either) and if she wants to some exercise - it could be she may respond more to weights than cardio - if so cardio can be used to warm up and cool down so it can still be incorporated.... it could be however that she does not want to do anything labelled; if that is the case then doing something she finds interesting that can incorporate movement is good - swimming, horse riding, golf?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I will not diss your experience however being unkind when you have no understanding of a person’s situation is really not recommended.....
Who has *ever* said do that?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
There is a medical condition where the brain just doesnt trigger to being full. Has she been to the drs?

Eating highly processed foods also reduces your "I'm now full" hormone and boosts your "I'm still hungry" hormone.
So eating a lot of that makes you fat really quickly

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Eating highly processed foods also reduces your "I'm now full" hormone and boosts your "I'm still hungry" hormone.
So eating a lot of that makes you fat really quickly
Yes it takes circa 20 mins for the hormones to register in the brain that you are full. And the higher calorific content of high processed stuff means you can shovel a lot more calories in before your brain triggers.

i often find that i could eat more right after finishing dinner. But 20 mins or so later its fine. Not that we eat a lot of high processed food.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thanks Yoni. It’s so hard. She says she’s fine abd just loves food! But I reckon she is around 6 stone over weight now and she is really short, so doesn’t carry it well, bless her.

So keep with the positive? I was wondering about us doing a low carb/exercise regime together during the summer holidays.
If she wants to. Its easier if she lets you control stuff when she is at home.
however my experience of going home from uni was getting depressed cause of all the freedom and friends had disappeared for months. Tis why i never went back home for extended periods after summer of my first year.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That doesn't equate to be nasty to strangers Mori.

You're reaching way too far there.
Its how it comes across from what you typed. Take some constructive criticism instead of trying to defend yourself to the hilt.

if you didnt intend it that way its how it came across.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its how it comes across from what you typed. Take some constructive criticism instead of trying to defend yourself to the hilt.

if you didnt intend it that way its how it came across.
I think you're wayyyy too touchy on the subject and lack perspective tbh.

Yoni

Being called a fat cunt and having the piss taken out of me helped.

Effectively you did imply that. Additionally the language you use to describe fat people and your immovable view that their situation it is all their fault, the sheer glee you took when it was established corona effected individuals with higher BMI show that you are far from impartial.

So you managed to lose your weight obviously yours was caused by over eating - you have stated as much. You found a way to keep healthy - great news however your solution helps less people than you realise however you refuse to acknowledge that.

The only statement that is factually correct here is that you are a cunt which is mutually exclusive from your weight issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom