Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I've barely been following the conversation, because I knew what the outcome would be.

Can't you see that people are offering you suggestions but you're batting them away as they don't suit your point of view?
You've been "barely following" the conversation but you can tell me what people have been saying in it?

People have been advising me to do what has FAILED for twenty years.

I'm looking for different advice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You are a disgrace - look at your fucking rhetoric
Your an apologist for inaction who refuses to admit that an obese person is in *some* way (not every way) responsible for themselves.

It's like you don't believe in the existence of free will. Everything is caused by "something else".

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You've been "barely following" the conversation but you can tell me what people have been saying in it?

People have been advising me to do what has FAILED for twenty years.

I'm looking for different advice.

Yes, because it's that predictable...

You're not asking for advice though, you're trying to see if people will support your exteme tough love approach and the response has been a resounding no.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Just so you know @Scouse there is no magical answer or different answer than the ones various people have suggested, you can only give gentle nudges otherwise people dig their heels in but in the end it is down to them to decide if they want to do something and if they don't then you must just accept it like I have done with my own dad.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
When we work with children who just wont seem to change their behaviour no matter what package is used, we often try parenting packages instead and a lot of times this works. The simple truth is sometimes you cant fix a problem because you dont truly understand what you are trying to fix.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, because it's that predictable...

You're not asking for advice though, you're trying to see if people will support your exteme tough love approach and the response has been a resounding no.
Where have I advocated an "extreme tough love approach".

You're projecting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just so you know @Scouse there is no magical answer or different answer than the ones various people have suggested, you can only give gentle nudges otherwise people dig their heels in but in the end it is down to them to decide if they want to do something and if they don't then you must just accept it like I have done with my own dad.
I agree with you. It's down to them - it's personal responsibility. But faced with another 20 years of a family member in pain I'm trying to challenge people to see if they can come up with something I've not thought of or tried already.

I know I'm like a dog with a bone with a lot of things - but I'm especially so with this because it, obviously, is personal and I'd very much like to be able to help.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
When we work with children who just wont seem to change their behaviour no matter what package is used, we often try parenting packages instead and a lot of times this works. The simple truth is sometimes you cant fix a problem because you dont truly understand what you are trying to fix.
Didn't even know that was a thing so I had to look it up :)

But it's not realistic for a couple of pensioners. If they lived with us full time then it'd be easy to change the habits - we'd cook, drag people out kicking and screaming, set the examples that they should be adult enough to follow themselves. But to do that we'd have to sacrifice the life we've built and it's too high a price. :(

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Try my first suggestion about changing perception from a couple of pages back. Sometimes it will be impossible to change a persons view by force as they will just resist, the Trojan Horse approach works as it does not result in them vs you in any capacity beyond their ability to spot your tactics vs your ability to make the tactics look natural.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Buy her a packet of Marlboro and a lighter tbh. She'll be able to indulge her self destructive side whilst getting thin at the same time.

Btw there is a serious point behind the flippancy - obesity was far less of an issue when everyone smoked. Given obesity is proving to be a bigger killer already than smoking, I have to wonder about the trade-off we have chosen. Obviously in an ideal world we'd all be perfect like @Scouse , but out here in the real world we all need a vice. Just a case of choosing wisely.

Syri

FH is my second home
Buy her a packet of Marlboro and a lighter tbh. She'll be able to indulge her self destructive side whilst getting thin at the same time.

Btw there is a serious point behind the flippancy - obesity was far less of an issue when everyone smoked. Given obesity is proving to be a bigger killer already than smoking, I have to wonder about the trade-off we have chosen. Obviously in an ideal world we'd all be perfect like @Scouse , but out here in the real world we all need a vice. Just a case of choosing wisely.
Can't quite tell if you're being serious or not here... It strikes me as odd to think that someone might actually believe that smoking is the reason we didn't have such an obesity problem before, and not the far wider availability of seriously bad food that's chosen all the same because of convenience and, in some cases, sweeter taste. Anyway, facepalm selected because it does seem serious...

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Can we not have all this obesity talk in another thread it's taken over this thread massively

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I really don't understand why people feel it's necessary to go on holiday abroad during a pandemic.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I really don't understand why people feel it's necessary to go on holiday abroad during a pandemic.

I don't think going to see the football is a holiday.

However I don't understand why a British politician isnt showing solidarity with Chelsea and City fans over it not being in the UK and the prices.

Oh wait.

Tories.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I don't think going to see the football is a holiday.

However I don't understand why a British politician isnt showing solidarity with Chelsea and City fans over it not being in the UK and the prices.

Oh wait.

Tories.

Well it's not a business trip or visiting a sick relative or something along those lines.
So yes it's a holiday.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I dont think everyone has gone for the football. There are probably a few that have gone just for bragging rights on social media.
Personally, I think anyone that travels abroad for a holibob this year has probably got cancer in the head.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I dont think everyone has gone for the football. There are probably a few that have gone just for bragging rights on social media.
Personally, I think anyone that travels abroad for a holibob this year has probably got cancer in the head.
My MD was meant to be flying off to Portugal yesterday, not sure if he has or not. It's fair to say that there are a few colleagues that will have enjoyed this bit of news.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dunno. I can't really enjoy that as people have felt locked up for 15 months now.

If you've had a couple of jabs then I think foreign holiday is fair game. But if you haven't then it's probably not the best idea.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I dunno. I can't really enjoy that as people have felt locked up for 15 months now.

If you've had a couple of jabs then I think foreign holiday is fair game. But if you haven't then it's probably not the best idea.

It's not about just you though. If you bring back some covid with you and spread it about that isn't the best idea.
Especially if it is yet another variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom