Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
It was a standard local council job though, they had 2 people doing the jabs and about 30 support staff.

Germans would be hating.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Effectively you did imply that. Additionally the language you use to describe fat people and your immovable view that their situation it is all their fault,
I'm getting sick of this whiny shit.

I've repeatedly made it clear that I don't think things are "all their fault". I've been very very specific not just in this thread but also others that we live in a pressured world, in an obeseogenic environment, with multiple pressures - mental health etc. etc.

So, don't accuse me of using language that implies anything. That's all down to you and Moriath not being able to hold a whole argument in your head.

But, and I'll be clear - it's absolutely MOSTLY their fault. And it is this fact that I find people who struggle with their weight have a real problem with - personal responsibility. The whole world is subject to pressures, and ultimately it's up to the person with the issue to deal with it. Other people can help! - of-bloody-course! - this whole thread is about me asking how I can help someone! But I will not mince my language about personal responsibility because it upsets people who don't want to feel personally responsible for themselves and their own actions.

russell

FH is my second home
Eating highly processed foods also reduces your "I'm now full" hormone and boosts your "I'm still hungry" hormone.
So eating a lot of that makes you fat really quickly
Yep. Have explained this to her 🙄 and I think she believes me. Just likes the junk too much. Finds it too hard to stop.
I said it’s hard being obese darling - choose your hard.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It was a standard local council job though, they had 2 people doing the jabs and about 30 support staff.

Germans would be hating.

You might be surprised how uselessly inefficient Germany really is, everything is still done via snail mail for example, and the bureaucracy they have for even the simplest things boggles the mind

JBP|

Part of the furniture

I've repeatedly made it clear that I don't think things are "all their fault". I've been very very specific not just in this thread but also others that we live in a pressured world, in an obeseogenic environment, with multiple pressures - mental health etc. etc.

So, don't accuse me of using language that implies anything. That's all down to you and Moriath not being able to hold a whole argument in your head.

But, and I'll be clear - it's absolutely MOSTLY their fault. And it is this fact that I find people who struggle with their weight have a real problem with - personal responsibility. The whole world is subject to pressures, and ultimately it's up to the person with the issue to deal with it. Other people can help! - of-bloody-course! - this whole thread is about me asking how I can help someone! But I will not mince my language about personal responsibility because it upsets people who don't want to feel personally responsible for themselves and their own actions.
Read your first paragraph and then the third.
Then step away from your keyboard and take 2 weeks off to reflect on how much of a cock you are making yourself look.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Yep. Have explained this to her 🙄 and I think she believes me. Just likes the junk too much. Finds it too hard to stop.
All you can really do is show her love, support and encouragement when she is ready.
By that I mean praise the successes but don't berate any failure.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Then step away from your keyboard and take 2 weeks off to reflect on how much of a cock you are making yourself look.
Nah. It is whiny shit. I'm not implying anything there - I'm stating it directly.

I've never, ever, not even once, implied or stated that it's "all their fault". But the usual suspects in this thread don't want it to be ANY of their fault.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Going through the same thing with my sister in law. She is obese, always has been. I genuinely think she doesn't want to be, but there is just a complete lack of willpower. The saddest thing is that she is desperate for a baby but has lost at least 2 that I know of, and it doesn't take a medical expert to work out it's to do with her size. Everyone was hoping that that would be the trigger for her. She will stick to a diet for a couple of weeks until it gets too hard. There is always an excuse for her to stop and it's always someone or something else's fault.

It does run in the family to an extent. My wife is average size, but she has to work very hard to stay that size, it definitely doesn't come naturally to her. Her dad used to be massive as well but lost a lot of weight, and her younger sister is also big but currently doing really well on a low calorie diet, but she has always been a lot easier to coax into a yoga session with my wife, or coming for a walk with us. Her older sister, the one with the real problem, does absolutely no excersize. Smokes too much, barely moves. Claims she is perfectly healthy despite the fact you can hear her breathing about half a mile away.

It's just really sad, and really tough but we are all just keeping at it, and hoping that one day it will click. I don't really have any advice, just a bit of a ramble to say I have some semblance of what you're going through and it's tough and hopefully one day, if you stick at it, it will all click for her.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Nah. It is whiny shit. I'm not implying anything there - I'm stating it directly.

I've never, ever, not even once, implied or stated that it's "all their fault". But the usual suspects in this thread don't want it to be ANY of their fault.

No, you just stated it was mostly their fault, which is just as bad, and shows a slightly sociopathic lack of empathy imo.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

No this whole thread is you looking for validation- it has fuck all to do with helping anyone apart from you - so you do not having to listen to your girlfriend complain about how much she hates visiting her mum because she is overweight ...

JBP|

Part of the furniture
I've never, ever, not even once, implied or stated that it's "all their fault".
Oh you have, in every other fucking reply you have posted.

And you even lack the common courtesy to apologise to those you have clearly upset and call it "whiney shit" instead, when all they have done is offer a perspective from their personal experience.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Going through the same thing with my sister in law. She is obese, always has been. I genuinely think she doesn't want to be, but there is just a complete lack of willpower. The saddest thing is that she is desperate for a baby but has lost at least 2 that I know of, and it doesn't take a medical expert to work out it's to do with her size. Everyone was hoping that that would be the trigger for her. She will stick to a diet for a couple of weeks until it gets too hard. There is always an excuse for her to stop and it's always someone or something else's fault.

This is horrid :(

And it's the lived experience. The whole family "hoping" that this would be a trigger. There is always an excuse for her to stop and it's always someone else's fault.

It doesn't make it any easier knowing this. It's a horrible situation for all.

It does run in the family to an extent. My wife is average size, but she has to work very hard to stay that size, it definitely doesn't come naturally to her. Her dad used to be massive as well but lost a lot of weight, and her younger sister is also big but currently doing really well on a low calorie diet, but she has always been a lot easier to coax into a yoga session with my wife, or coming for a walk with us. Her older sister, the one with the real problem, does absolutely no excersize. Smokes too much, barely moves. Claims she is perfectly healthy despite the fact you can hear her breathing about half a mile away.

This is all mixed up with the obeseogenic environment we live in. Absolutely the pressures are hard and from all sides (a lot of our culture revolves around food and drink - and that's natural (well, it was until we made food over-processed, addictive and un-natural)).

But some people are doing the work. Others are blaming other people.

Trying really hard and failing is absolutely fine. Not really trying, despite family support? Nah. I'm not OK with that, personally.

It's just really sad, and really tough but we are all just keeping at it, and hoping that one day it will click. I don't really have any advice, just a bit of a ramble to say I have some semblance of what you're going through and it's tough and hopefully one day, if you stick at it, it will all click for her.
I hope so really for my g/f and her sister (and her husband). But I don't hold out much hope really. All anyone can do in these situations is try our best. But I don't personally define best as not ever blaming someone. Especially if you've decades of no-blame not getting any results.

Gwadien

@Scouse this whole thread is about you asking how you can help someone but then dismissing anyone that doesn't agree with your view.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Effectively you did imply that. Additionally the language you use to describe fat people and your immovable view that their situation it is all their fault, the sheer glee you took when it was established corona effected individuals with higher BMI show that you are far from impartial.

So you managed to lose your weight obviously yours was caused by over eating - you have stated as much. You found a way to keep healthy - great news however your solution helps less people than you realise however you refuse to acknowledge that.

The only statement that is factually correct here is that you are a cunt which is mutually exclusive from your weight issues.
No no of course he didnt imply it. Its just everyone else thats wrong 🤮

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
@Scouse this whole thread is about you asking how you can help someone but then dismissing anyone that doesn't agree with your view.
Seems to me most of the opinions @Scouse holds that others might have a different view of. He is correct everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Bodhi

On the plus side, you probably weigh 2kg less than you did this morning, Scouse would be proud of the effort you made.
Or not.

Nah, it would be mostly Gwad's fault for not noticing his arm had fallen off, or some other such shite.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Nah, it would be mostly Gwad's fault for not noticing his arm had fallen off, or some other such shite.
Well with hindsight, I decided Scouse would probably demand the other arm chopped off and maybe a leg for good measure.

Bodhi

Well with hindsight, I decided Scouse would probably demand the other arm chopped off and maybe a leg for good measure.

See, told you you could lose weight, just needed the proper application!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As usually the reality is more complex than that.

Question: Are you, or are you not, responsible for what you eat?

I acknowledge the pressures around food, the obeseogenic environment etc. But ultimately, the person responsible is yourself. That's the only bit I won't give on. Nobody is forcing people to eat uncontrollably. Some of that (not "all" - I've been very clear on that) is down to them.

But some people don't like that fact. The rest? I'm still very much open to suggestions that are different to the stuff that hasn't worked for 20 years...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair - I'm very tempted with @JBP| 's suggestion of buying her a gastric band for christmas and just giving it to her in front of her family.

She could hate me all she likes for that. But if it "fixed" her - therefore allowing her relationship with her daughters to improve - then that'd be a good (but massively insulting) thing.

Gwadien

To be fair - I'm very tempted with @JBP| 's suggestion of buying her a gastric band for christmas and just giving it to her in front of her family.

She could hate me all she likes for that. But if it "fixed" her - therefore allowing her relationship with her daughters to improve - then that'd be a good (but massively insulting) thing.

Or she could be humiliated by it and end up getting more depressed and end up killing herself.

Sorry Scouse, but I think your whole 'ask for help' is basically you saying 'Look, I have these opinions that I've shared before, and I'm going to stick to them, even so much so that I'll add an emotional connection to it and stick to my guns.'

Yoni

As I have said she is not suitable for surgery even privately- A good private practice will insist on a loss of 10% beforehand.. personally I would want them to insisting on this as this surgery is a massive lifestyle change which needs to be embraced by the individual for the sleeve to be effective - patients who have not been though pre care do not do well (b&j milkshake anyone?).

As for giving a person who has not asked for help this surgery as a gift - do not be surprise if they just kill themselves (as per Gwad) but hey you and your girlfriend won’t have to visit her anymore so I guess it solves the issue oO

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Or she could be humiliated by it and end up getting more depressed and end up killing herself.
1) I said it was massively insulting when JBP suggested it. (I don't see you or Yoni saying to JBP - hey, that's a bit nuts!)
2) I wasn't actually going to do it.
3) Lol at you and @Yoni with your "she's a fucking suicide risk you scouse CUNT" fantasy narrative.

She's not. She's not a depressive suicide risk. She's just a big fat woman who is making herself disabled through over-eating.

Sorry Scouse, but I think your whole 'ask for help' is basically you saying 'Look, I have these opinions that I've shared before, and I'm going to stick to them, even so much so that I'll add an emotional connection to it and stick to my guns.'
No. It's asking for different ideas after trying everything we can think of for twenty years.

Twenty years.

I get this is a difficult and emotive subject for some people. But I'm genuinely asking for different ideas.

Gwadien

1) I said it was massively insulting when JBP suggested it. (I don't see you or Yoni saying to JBP - hey, that's a bit nuts!)
3) Lol at you and @Yoni with your "she's a fucking suicide risk you scouse CUNT" fantasy narrative.

She's not. She's not a depressive suicide risk. She's just a big fat woman who is making herself disabled through over-eating.

No. It's asking for different ideas after trying everything we can think of for twenty years.

Twenty years.

I get this is a difficult and emotive subject for some people. But I'm genuinely asking for different ideas.

I've barely been following the conversation, because I knew what the outcome would be.

Can't you see that people are offering you suggestions but you're batting them away as they don't suit your point of view?

@Talivar is possibly the most qualified person to discuss it, as oldies and kids are basically the same!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Thought he was gonna get suspended when you said that haha

Yoni

Twenty years.

You are a disgrace - look at your fucking rhetoric

JBP|

Part of the furniture
My suggestion of a gastric band was posted with sarcasm, you might have noticed i stated at the start "if no one wants to put the work in, open your wallets".

It does however highlight that no matter what anyone suggests, you are being a right nipple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom