Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No, it's because supplies aren't meeting demand. Lots of spare money sitting around, because there is nowhere to spend it, and people wanting to have work done on their homes, plus less production due to covid.

Wood costs an absolute fortune at the moment, even the shitty B&Q boomerang wood.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm just seeing opinions that were the same opinions when the EU started all the AZ sceptici
All sorts of things are experiencing massive price hikes, not just microchips:

Do we think this massive price inflation of commodities is actually down to the mahoosive amount of money printing we've been doing?

When you say printing money do you mean literally or on the computerwebs? Because I'm fairly sure literally printing money has no effect anymore...

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, it's because supplies aren't meeting demand. Lots of spare money sitting around, because there is nowhere to spend it, and people wanting to have work done on their homes, plus less production due to covid.

Wood costs an absolute fortune at the moment, even the shitty B&Q boomerang wood.
This. I had to go to two branches of Wickes to get the brush plates I needed the other weekend when running cables.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Astra's vaccine is being investigated for side effects linked to the nervous system

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has launched an investigation into Astra Zeneca's covid vaccine based on data on rare side effects linked to the nervous system. These are cases of the neurological disease Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Astra has chosen not to comment on the information, writes Reuters.

The syndrome manifests itself as increasing muscle weakness and paralysis in the arms and legs, which worsens over a period of a few weeks.

It is an unusual but known side effect of some vaccinations. It can lead to respiratory effects and the need for respiratory care, and for a small proportion of those affected, it can be fatal. 15 percent of those affected are said to be able to have a lasting nerve effect.

The news just keeps on getting better for AZ...! but by all means carry on drinking the coolaid..

You keep believing the BS your Eurocrats spew up. Most of it is unproven data (not linked directly) or from small studies that even the EMA don't endorse yet, they are still looking into the nervous system issue (AZ and J&J btw). With all that the EMA still states benefits far outweigh the small chances of side effects (7 in 20 Million for clotting from EMA March notice) Eurocrats beating the drum for any bit of bad news they can source and spread to save their weaselly hides from a piss poor job they did securing and distributing vaccines in the first place. Taking far too long to order and then just expecting to get them by bullying and threatening companies.

You do what you feel comfortable doing and that is your right. But don't sit there telling us we are all fucking idiots for having it. I was never for Brexit but this sorry saga has made me think again on that and as far as covid goes we obviously did a far better job on our own. EU have systematically singled out the UK as the bad guy. In the main totally undeserved just the fall guy for bad politics.

You keep drinking your Eurocrat endorsed coolaid... Meanwhile, UK will hopefully be getting back to normal in June. Several vaccines have already been updated to cover new variants in preparation for the expected Autumn 3rd wave. I for one will have no issue taking it, even knowing the risks.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They are furiously deflecting blame and making excuses about their pathetic vaccine rollout, at the cost of lives, and people are lapping it up.

I disagree about back to normal by June, we still need to take care, but it will be unrecognisable from how it is now and I think we will be back to normal by Christmas, or as normal as can be, this virus is with us now, not much we can do about that.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
FYI

On Friday, the EMA also said it was looking into reports of heart inflammation with Pfizer-BioNTech's (PFE.N), (22UAy.DE) vaccine and Moderna's (MRNA.O) shot. It said there was no indication at present that these cases were due to the vaccines. Guess that means Yoni won't take those ones either.

Again no causal link but they (EMA) are looking into it. Wonder if Yoni will strike those two off the list of acceptable vaccines as well.

I disagree about back to normal by June, we still need to take care, but it will be unrecognisable from how it is now and I think we will be back to normal by Christmas, or as normal as can be, this virus is with us now, not much we can do about that.

Hope :) But still in a better place than the EU with covid.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

I'm not sure whether mixing in pubs is a good idea. For all the people that will still try and keep their distance there will be 10 that don't give a fuck and clamber all over each other.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Had a great time on Saturday, BBQ cooked under umbrella, freezing cold, wet and muddy. We were under a gazebo, wet dogs involved too, one a St Bernard that thinks she's a lapdog. Really nice to see the family, spent most of yesterday hung over, I don't really drink any more, so it was a bit of a shock to the system.

JBP|

Part of the furniture

I'm not sure whether mixing in pubs is a good idea. For all the people that will still try and keep their distance there will be 10 that don't give a fuck and clamber all over each other.

From my observations there has not been much social distancing outside pubs,inside it will only be worse.
I'd much rather have a beer in my own garden these days and thats not going to change any time soon.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
From my observations there has not been much social distancing outside pubs,inside it will only be worse.
I'd much rather have a beer in my own garden these days and thats not going to change any time soon.

Agree on the first part. I was in for a heavy sesh yesterday and there wasn't any social distancing, and there hasn't been on any other visits either.

The second part though is fine perhaps for some people, but for others like myself who have been cooped up in a 1 bedroom flat with no garden for the last 13 months, pub gardens being open is a real blessing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agree on the first part. I was in for a heavy sesh yesterday and there wasn't any social distancing, and there hasn't been on any other visits either.
Not sure there is between friends - but when I walked into Betws Y Coed yesterday it was rammed and different social groups were still doing their best to distance themselves from other social groups.

Stopped and spoke to two different pairs of people - we all instinctively kept distance between us.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Not sure there is between friends - but when I walked into Betws Y Coed yesterday it was rammed and different social groups were still doing their best to distance themselves from other social groups.

Stopped and spoke to two different pairs of people - we all instinctively kept distance between us.

I'd suggest that there is a bit more space in Betws-y-Coed than there is in your average London Zone 2 beer garden!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd suggest that there is a bit more space in Betws-y-Coed than there is in your average London Zone 2 beer garden!
In the individual beer gardens people were doing their best.

If London beer gardens are letting too many people in to allow for social distancing then that's not really the people is it - it's the venue. But yep - I guess lots of people standing is the issue.

Glad I don't live in a city. Not because of covid. Just because :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
People go where the work is innit.

I wouldn't ever want to live in a town or city, tried a town (Farnborough) and it was hell to me. Personal preference though, many people want to live in towns or cities.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
People go where the work is innit.

I wouldn't ever want to live in a town or city, tried a town (Farnborough) and it was hell to me. Personal preference though, many people want to live in towns or cities.

I'd suggest that Farnborough is not a terrific example of what town or city living has to offer! Very much personal preference though as you say. I'm actually in the process of moving to just outside London, and whilst I'm looking forward to it, there are a lot of great things I'll miss about living in the city, but I'll still be travelling for work so hopefully getting the best of both worlds. My office is a 90 second walk to the British Museum, what's not to like about that :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Oh I certainly wouldn't complain about being nearer to London. I'm about 45 minutes drive away but to get the train it would cost me and the wife £120 for a return, Northampton to Euston, a season ticket is over £6k, over 7k with a travelcard.

Our trains are not fit for purpose.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Oh I certainly wouldn't complain about being nearer to London. I'm about 45 minutes drive away but to get the train it would cost me and the wife £120 for a return, Northampton to Euston, a season ticket is over £6k, over 7k with a travelcard.

Our trains are not fit for purpose.
Yeah, that's mad money.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Agree with a lot of this, especially work taking over your home life. I start work at 7ish most mornings atm and the work screen probably doesn't go off until 7pm, I'm not working solid for 12 hours and a lot of that is my fault. I work where I game, I never did get around building a small office area in the spare room.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter

Agree with a lot of this, especially work taking over your home life. I start work at 7ish most mornings atm and the work screen probably doesn't go off until 7pm, I'm not working solid for 12 hours and a lot of that is my fault. I work where I game, I never did get around building a small office area in the spare room.

I'm in the lucky position that i've been told when the office opens up I can be in a much or as little as I like. Whilst WFH has great benefits (no commute, lots of extra time in the morning, getting hassled less by the mouthbreathers), it's been a tough 13 months of working on my bed as there isn't room in my flat for a desk. If I lived alone it would be fine, but my wife & I are both on calls all day and it's a nightmare being in the same room. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back in once or twice a week. The house I'm buying has a small separate plot of land that I intend to build an office on, so it'll be a world away from what I have now!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No idea, don't really care. I gave up non-essential flight years ago.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I was last in a plane in 2002, so it doesn't really cause me any issue.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Europe will implement vaccine pass end of June at least here it is in test phase at the moment. Vaccines now at 49+ in Sweden with Pf being offered 3 weeks after first so no long delay / this means that their promise before midsummer for my age group will have been kept probably for the 39+ group also as each week the limit for vaccines drops by 10 years ..

Bob007

Prince Among Men
Well after weeks of trying, with no NHS number and no sign of medical records anywhere. I finally got my appointment for a vaccine today.

This Saturday at 14:20.

/dance
:)

Bigmac

Part of the furniture
Just had my second vaccine earlier today. I am now starting to feel ill again. I hope the next time we have these they improve them as I'm not willing to be ill for a few days every time I have a dose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom