Politics Coronavirus

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What's the "define me" thing that keeps coming on your links @Wij? (Just post the whole URL blank instead? You linking without typing a thing?)

Anyway - yep:

Although all indicators favour elimination, our analysis does not prove a causal connection between varying pandemic response strategies and the different outcome measures. COVID-19 deaths per 1 million population in OECD countries that opted for elimination (Australia, Iceland, Japan, New Zealand, and South Korea) have been about 25 times lower than in other OECD countries that favoured mitigation

So twenty five times lower - if we'd shut down hard, we'd have been 25 times better off than the 140,000 deaths.

And this:

There is also increasing consensus that elimination is preferable to mitigation in relation to a country's economic performance

Should mean the Tories are unelectable for a generation.

But they'll get voted in - by the British public - and the British public will point the finger of blame at Labour for their shitty choice.

Literally Joe off the street could have done a better job than BoJo. Law of averages. But Blighty will vote for corrupt incompetence. I'm 100% behind @DaGaffer's stockholme syndrome ref.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The only thing that matters is who the Murdoch's back.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

That letter - please note a letter, not a peer reviewed study is amusingly bad, it can't even get the countries strategies right. Japan is very much not pursuing an elimination strategy, they don't even have lockdowns - they're pretty much the Sweden of Asia tbh. I'm also fairly certain their cases are higher than ours at the minute.

They say Biden is prioritising elimination, yet the actions of Texas, Florida, Oklahoma etc suggest that won't be happening in the US any time soon.

It's just the same old regurgitated fantasy la la land Zero Covid bullshit which has been roundly discredited as being in any way feasible in a country such as the UK, but still lapped up by idealistic morons sadly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We should have just piled on, giving it large and so on, they said so in Nuts magazine or whatever.

What the actual fuck are you on about? You may pretend to know what you are on about, but even a complete fuckwit understands that human transmission requires 2 humans in proximity. Minimising that proximity, reduces transmission.

For fucks sake, really?

I know everyone has the complete freedom to say whatever they like, that's the beauty of freedom but for fucks sake, have a word with yourself.

Half arsed lock down completely failed for our demographic, complete lockdown worked for China.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Japan is very much not pursuing an elimination strategy, they don't even have lockdowns - they're pretty much the Sweden of Asia tbh.

Pfft, Japan wishes. No one can half-ass it like we do.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
We should have just piled on, giving it large and so on, they said so in Nuts magazine or whatever.

What the actual fuck are you on about? You may pretend to know what you are on about, but even a complete fuckwit understands that human transmission requires 2 humans in proximity. Minimising that proximity, reduces transmission.

For fucks sake, really?

I know everyone has the complete freedom to say whatever they like, that's the beauty of freedom but for fucks sake, have a word with yourself.

Half arsed lock down completely failed for our demographic, complete lockdown worked for China.

I'm pointing out factual errors in a letter to The Lancet, what are you on about? A letter that didn't even mention China, as presumably their numbers are so suspect.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Great news ! In Sweden no AZ unless over 65 - program is going well now also !

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno why that's "great" news. It's just different news.

Makes sense to not give it to under 40's though. Just give them Pfizer or one of the others instead.

TBH, in any other vaccination programme it wouldn't even be news. I never cared who manufactured my tetanus or polio injections and don't have a clue of what the relative risks are between any different manufacturers. Because I know that the health service isn't making stupid decisions on this - this and all the other vaccines are just getting looked at under the BAU processes...

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Dunno why that's "great" news. It's just different news.

Makes sense to not give it to under 40's though. Just give them Pfizer or one of the others instead.

TBH, in any other vaccination programme it wouldn't even be news. I never cared who manufactured my tetanus or polio injections...

Because it's giving people blood clots? I'd generally consider not getting a blood clot to be great news.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If 35% is doing well then you must have pretty low expectations.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
There is still more chance of getting a clot from flying in a plane, or taking the pill.

The reason is more likely to drive acceptance of vaccination due to the scaremongering. If it slows down the overall vaccination program, then it's a problem.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
There is still more chance of getting a clot from flying in a plane, or taking the pill.

I know, but I have a choice as to whether to do either of those things. I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but I don't understand why this is not being heralded as good news?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know, but I have a choice as to whether to do either of those things. I'm by no means an anti-vaxxer, but I don't understand why this is not being heralded as good news?
It's "news". It's just sensible procedure.

Not "good news" - it's just bog standard managing of risks.

TBH, it's a shame it was ever in the news in the first place - it's just the hysteria over covid is a thing. Medical professionals manage this as a business-as-usual process

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's "news". It's just sensible procedure.

Not "good news" - it's just bog standard managing of risks.

TBH, it's a shame it was ever in the news in the first place - it's just the hysteria over covid is a thing. Medical professionals manage this as a business-as-usual process
It's literally the second top story on the UK's main news source? Whether you think it should be news or not does not stop the fact that it is indeed news, and good news at that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's literally the second top story on the UK's main news source? Whether you think it should be news or not does not stop the fact that it is indeed news, and good news at that.
It's news. But "good news"? It's actually a shame that there is a small chance of blood clots, but we have a workaround. But that's been the case for ages. The fact that sweden have decided to use the workaround is "why did you bloody take so long" rather than anything else tbpfh.

For me - it's more of a "so what"?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's news. But "good news"? It's actually a shame that there is a small chance of blood clots, but we have a workaround. But that's been the case for ages. The fact that sweden have decided to use the workaround is "why did you bloody take so long" rather than anything else tbpfh.

For me - it's more of a "so what"?

I can only speak for myself, but as someone who is under 40 and had a slight concern that this vaccine is causing blood clots; The fact that I am to be offered an alternative, which I can only assume does not cause clots at the same rate, is good news indeed.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I am pissed off at the UK for giving it to under 65s.... and Raven before you come in all high and mighty neither you nor your wife received AZ... terribly easy for you to sit and judge the concerned.... It is superb news. Yes Sweden are keeping their promise I will be vaccinated in the coming weeks so my expectations are being met :).

Embattle

FH is my second home
I got AZ I'm a tad over 40, it still is better to have it than none at all in all age groups but if you have another option then by all means use it on under 40s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom