Politics Coronavirus

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am pissed off at the UK for giving it to under 65s.... and Raven before you come in all high and mighty neither you nor your wife received AZ... terribly easy for you to sit and judge the concerned.... It is superb news. Yes Sweden are keeping their promise I will be vaccinated in the coming weeks so my expectations are being met :).

My parents did, they understood the risk to be absolutely minimal and by far and away less risk than dying from covid.

It's a circular argument, you are happy (and your government, apparently) to drag this out for as long as possible, I'm happy you're happy about that.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Your parents are over 65 as is my mum - your argument is shite.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
My mum is 60

She is having her second dose on Wednesday, same day as me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I am pissed off at the UK for giving it to under 65s.... and Raven before you come in all high and mighty neither you nor your wife received AZ... terribly easy for you to sit and judge the concerned.... It is superb news. Yes Sweden are keeping their promise I will be vaccinated in the coming weeks so my expectations are being met :).
I had AZ and am under 50 but a bit haha.

other jabs have had clots also. Its just a confidence thing they giving others to under 40’s i think. Cause a tiny tiny number of clots. Which have been shown in pfizer and others. I really think that its possible with any of them.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My parents did, they understood the risk to be absolutely minimal and by far and away less risk than dying from covid.

It's a circular argument, you are happy (and your government, apparently) to drag this out for as long as possible, I'm happy you're happy about that.

The risk is minimal, but if it can be made even more minimal (minimaler?) then I think that's a good thing.

The argument here is not about crusties who have already had their jab, its about us whippersnappers where the risks\reward are not so cut and dry.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am pissed off at the UK for giving it to under 65s....
Why? The data shows it's a concern for the under-40's. I've not seen a single concern raised for the 40-65's.

I get it - you're one of "the concerned". But frankly, if anyone's more concerned about any of these not just proven very safe, but proven life-saving vaccines over the below then, sorry, but your concerns are misplaced:

Covid deaths per 100,000 (UK): 191
Car Crash deaths, per 100,000 (US): 11
AstraZenica Blood Clot deaths per 100,000 (UK): 0.038

Yep - that's 7 deaths in the eighteen million people who've been vaccinated with AZ in the UK. And they're not proven causal, but I'm assuming they are.

So if anyone is giving a shit about AZ shots in the over 40's? Over pretty much anything else. Then your response is not rational. Sorry. It just means that you have an irrational risk response to vaccinations.

Just get jabbed - preferably with the workaround vaccine (and even then, only 'preferably') and then forget about it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The risk is minimal, but if it can be made even more minimal (minimaler?) then I think that's a good thing.
This is true.

But hysteria is making people way more scared than they should be.

Look at the stats above - why are we even talking about it?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
This is true.

But hysteria is making people way more scared than they should be.

Look at the stats above - why are we even talking about it?

It's great that there is an alternative vaccine to take but the fact the risk is really small in the first place makes this a non story really.
It does, however, feed the anti vaccine movement

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

The argument here is not about crusties who have already had their jab, its about us whippersnappers where the risks\reward are not so cut and dry.

Absolutely, if you have the other vaccines on hand, but we need all vaccines to keep up with the rollout.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yep. The rational decision is - 25 years old but no Pfizer at the docs? Ah well - have Astrazenica anyway - the risks are tiny compared to anything else.

And funnily enough - that's the guidance too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
at the end of the day push whatever is more palatable to get the most people with it in their arms

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Absolutely, if you have the other vaccines on hand, but we need all vaccines to keep up with the rollout.

Agreed, but as someone under 40, if the risk of dying of covid is lower than dying from a blood clot from a vaccine, then I personally think the rollout should be delayed. I don't know that it is by the way, just hypothetically.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Agreed, but as someone under 40, if the risk of dying of covid is lower than dying from a blood clot from a vaccine, then I personally think the rollout should be delayed. I don't know that it is by the way, just hypothetically.
It's not.

As I've stated - the guidance is - get the alternative if it's available. If not, just get the az jab anyway.

Yoni

Why? The data shows it's a concern for the under-40's. I've not seen a single concern raised for the 40-65's.

I get it - you're one of "the concerned". But frankly, if anyone's more concerned about any of these not just proven very safe, but proven life-saving vaccines over the below then, sorry, but your concerns are misplaced:

Covid deaths per 100,000 (UK): 191
Car Crash deaths, per 100,000 (US): 11
AstraZenica Blood Clot deaths per 100,000 (UK): 0.038

Yep - that's 7 deaths in the eighteen million people who've been vaccinated with AZ in the UK. And they're not proven causal, but I'm assuming they are.

So if anyone is giving a shit about AZ shots in the over 40's? Over pretty much anything else. Then your response is not rational. Sorry. It just means that you have an irrational risk response to vaccinations.

Just get jabbed - preferably with the workaround vaccine (and even then, only 'preferably') and then forget about it.
In the nordics there are cases in their early 60s also.

I do not give a flying fuck if you have had BOTH your AZ or J&J and feel great - good for you I am genuinely happy - my point is that risks should be minimised and alternatives offered to ALL at risk. Imagine living through 18 months of this and you go like a good little soldier to get vaccinated just to either end up very sick or dead when there is an alternative with a lower risk that you could have been given....

I am very lucky that both of those vaccines are out of the question here... sadly my siblings do not get that choice...

Yoni

You have no clue what you are waffling on about....

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, back in the civilised world. Seeing the nieces on Saturday for a BBQ, cannot wait. Not seen them in nearly a year, the whole family will be together for the first time since Feb 2020. 6 adults and 2 kids, outside ofc.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I am very lucky that both of those vaccines are out of the question here... sadly my siblings do not get that choice...
Look at the actual risks and say that.

People are lucky if they get *any* vaccine, period.

Yoni

Astra's vaccine is being investigated for side effects linked to the nervous system

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has launched an investigation into Astra Zeneca's covid vaccine based on data on rare side effects linked to the nervous system. These are cases of the neurological disease Guillain-Barré syndrome.
Astra has chosen not to comment on the information, writes Reuters.

The syndrome manifests itself as increasing muscle weakness and paralysis in the arms and legs, which worsens over a period of a few weeks.

It is an unusual but known side effect of some vaccinations. It can lead to respiratory effects and the need for respiratory care, and for a small proportion of those affected, it can be fatal. 15 percent of those affected are said to be able to have a lasting nerve effect.

The news just keeps on getting better for AZ...! but by all means carry on drinking the coolaid..

Yoni

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Astra's vaccine is being investigated for side effects linked to the nervous system

The European Medicines Agency (EMA) has launched an investigation into Astra Zeneca's covid vaccine based on data on rare side effects linked to the nervous system. These are cases of the neurological disease Guillain-Barré syndrome.

The syndrome manifests itself as increasing muscle weakness and paralysis in the arms and legs, which worsens over a period of a few weeks.

It is an unusual but known side effect of some vaccinations. It can lead to respiratory effects and the need for respiratory care, and for a small proportion of those affected, it can be fatal. 15 percent of those affected are said to be able to have a lasting nerve effect.

The news just keeps on getting better for AZ...! but by all means carry on drinking the coolaid..

Same as in other previous vaccines for flu and also H1N1 vaccine.
Also reports of heart inflammation from the Pfizer vaccine but you fail to mention that...they also failed to comment

Embattle

FH is my second home

Well some may be drinking coolaid as you and I understand your issue with it personally as well as some others but at the same time it seems people are getting rather hysterical.

Personally compared to the two (Imraldi & Azathioprine) immunosuppressants I recently came of the risks of AZ seem trivial, the PIL for imraldi is like a book and below is a list of possible side effects including some nasty ones:

4. Possible side effects Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Most side effects are mild to moderate. However, some may be serious and require treatment. Side effects may occur up to 4 months or more after the last Idacio injection.

Seek medical attention urgently, if you notice any of the following signs of allergic reaction or heart failure:

• severe rash, hives;
• swollen face, hands, feet;
• trouble breathing, swallowing;
• shortness of breath with exertion or upon lying down or swelling of the feet.

Tell your doctor as soon as possible, if you notice any of the following:

• signs and symptoms of infection such as fever, feeling sick, wounds, dental problems, burning on urination, feeling weak or tired or coughing;
• symptoms of nerve problems such as tingling, numbness, double vision or arm or leg weakness;
• signs of skin cancer such as a bump or open sore that doesn’t heal;
• signs and symptoms suggestive of blood disorders such as persistent fever, bruising, bleeding, paleness.

The following side effects have been observed with adalimumab:

Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)

• injection site reactions (including pain, swelling, redness or itching);
• respiratory tract infections (including cold, runny nose, sinus infection, pneumonia);
• headache;
• abdominal (belly) pain;
• nausea and vomiting;
• rash;
• pain in the muscles.

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)

• serious infections (including blood poisoning and influenza);
• intestinal infections (including gastroenteritis);
• skin infections (including cellulitis and shingles);
• ear infections;
• mouth infections (including tooth infections and cold sores);
• reproductive tract infections;
• urinary tract infection;
• fungal infections;
• joint infections;
• benign tumours;
• skin cancer;
• allergic reactions (including seasonal allergy);
• dehydration;
• mood swings (including depression);
• anxiety;
• difficulty sleeping;
• sensation disorders such as tingling, prickling or numbness;
• migraine;
• symptoms of nerve root compression (including low back pain and leg pain); • vision disturbances;
• eye inflammation;
• inflammation of the eye lid and eye swelling;
• vertigo (sensation of room spinning);
• sensation of heart beating rapidly;
• high blood pressure;
• flushing;
• haematoma (a solid swelling with clotted blood);
• cough;
• asthma;
• shortness of breath;
• gastrointestinal bleeding;
• dyspepsia (indigestion, bloating, heart burn);
• acid reflux disease;
• sicca syndrome (including dry eyes and dry mouth);
• itching;
• itchy rash;
• bruising;
• inflammation of the skin (such as eczema);
• breaking of finger nails and toe nails;
• increased sweating;
• hair loss;
• new onset or worsening of psoriasis;
• muscle spasms;
• blood in urine;
• kidney problems;
• chest pain;
• oedema (a build-up of fluid in the body which causes the affected tissue to swell);
• fever;
• reduction in blood platelets which increases risk of bleeding or bruising;
• impaired healing.

Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)

• unusual infections (which include tuberculosis and other infections) that occur when resistance to disease is lowered;
• neurological infections (including viral meningitis);
• eye infections;
• bacterial infections;
• diverticulitis (inflammation and infection of the large intestine);
• cancer, including cancer that affects the lymph system (lymphoma) and melanoma (a type of skin cancer);
• immune disorders that could affect the lungs, skin and lymph nodes (most commonly as a condition called sarcoidosis);
• vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels);
• tremor;
• neuropathy (nerve damage);
• stroke;
• double vision;
• hearing loss, buzzing;
• sensation of heart beating irregularly such as skipped beats;
• heart problems that can cause shortness of breath or ankle swelling;
• heart attack;
• a sac in the wall of a major artery, inflammation and clot of a vein, blockage of a blood vessel;
• lung diseases causing shortness of breath (including inflammation);
• pulmonary embolism (blockage in an artery of the lung);
• pleural effusion (abnormal collection of fluid in the pleural space);
• inflammation of the pancreas which causes severe pain in the abdomen and back;
• difficulty in swallowing;
• facial oedema (swelling);
• gallbladder inflammation, gallbladder stones;
• fatty liver (build-up of fat in liver cells);
• night sweats;
• scar;
• abnormal muscle breakdown;
• systemic lupus erythematosus (an immune disorder including inflammation of skin, heart, lung, joints and other organ systems);
• sleep interruptions;
• impotence;
• inflammations.

Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)

• leukaemia (cancer affecting the blood and bone marrow);
• severe allergic reaction with shock;
• multiple sclerosis;
• nerve disorders (such as inflammation of the optic nerve to the eye, and Guillain-Barré syndrome, a condition that may cause muscle weakness, abnormal sensations, tingling in the arms and upper body);
• heart stops pumping;
• pulmonary fibrosis (scarring of the lung);
• intestinal perforation (hole in the wall of the gut);
• hepatitis (liver inflammation);
• reactivation of hepatitis B infection;
• autoimmune hepatitis (inflammation of the liver caused by the body’s own immune system);
• cutaneous vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels in the skin);
• Stevens-Johnson syndrome (life-threatening reaction with flu-like symptoms and blistering rash);
• facial oedema (swelling) associated with allergic reactions;
• erythema multiforme (inflammatory skin rash);
• lupus-like syndrome;
• angioedema (localized swelling of the skin);
• lichenoid skin reaction (itchy reddish-purple skin rash).

Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from available data)

• hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma (a rare blood cancer that is often fatal);
• Merkel cell carcinoma (a type of skin cancer);
• Kaposi’s sarcoma, a rare cancer related to infection with human herpes virus 8. Kaposi’s sarcoma most commonly appears as purple lesions on the skin;
• liver failure;
• worsening of a condition called dermatomyositis (seen as a skin rash accompanying muscle weakness).

Some side effects observed with adalimumab may not have symptoms and may only be discovered through blood tests. These include:

Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)

• low blood measurements for white blood cells;
• low blood measurements for red blood cells;
• increased lipids in the blood;
• raised liver enzymes.

Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)

• high blood measurements for white blood cells;
• low blood measurements for platelets;
• increased uric acid in the blood;
• abnormal blood measurements for sodium;
• low blood measurements for calcium;
• low blood measurements for phosphate;
• high blood sugar;
• high blood measurements for lactate dehydrogenase;
• autoantibodies present in the blood;
• low blood potassium.

Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)

• raised bilirubin measurement (liver blood test).

Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):

• low blood measurements for white blood cells, red blood cells and platelet count.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Just read the information sheet on any over the counter medicine if you want to get yourself really paranoid.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's literally the second top story on the UK's main news source? Whether you think it should be news or not does not stop the fact that it is indeed news, and good news at that.
You're not relying on wisdom of crowds here are you?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also PSA: Telling other people about the ages of their relatives should be a sign you need to put down the internet for a bit

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All sorts of things are experiencing massive price hikes, not just microchips:

Do we think this massive price inflation of commodities is actually down to the mahoosive amount of money printing we've been doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom