Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
You are supposed to throw it away or wash it after every use. So you're doing it wrong.
But then you don't really care about people dying from Covid as you don't believe the virus is anything to be bothered by.

Are you suggesting that if we were to do masks properly, you'd be handed a clean one every time you go to Tesco, then there would be a Biohazard bin on exit for you to dispose of the plague carrying mask you've been wearing? Sort of like how they're used in a medical setting for infection control you mean?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I have about 4 kicking about. I always forget to get it out the car so end up going back.

I have, however, ordered myself a total recall Arnie mask... coming from America so waiting.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Are you suggesting that if we were to do masks properly, you'd be handed a clean one every time you go to Tesco, then there would be a Biohazard bin on exit for you to dispose of the plague carrying mask you've been wearing? Sort of like how they're used in a medical setting for infection control you mean?
Even more waste to clutter up the environment

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Mine is in McLaren papaya :sick:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

That's the one I ordered.

Got my 13 year old niece this one;

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
€39!

Fuck that to be fair.

Are they RGB?

... and it's the same amount for 2 new filters - BUT - they are good for up to 200 hours usage and the cover is washable...

dysfunction

FH is my second home

Well you certainly don't leave it festering in your car....
And yes you would wear it to the shops and back home and then wash it. Or if you decide to go the disposable route and pollute the environment - throw it away when you get home.

Its not hard but you always choose to make things more difficult or create excuses as to why you wont follow guidelines.

The real reason you dont do the right thing is because you dont care.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
And yes you would wear it to the shops and back home and then wash it. Or if you decide to go the disposable route and pollute the environment - throw it away when you get home.

Its not hard but you always choose to make things more difficult or create excuses as to why you wont follow guidelines.

Zealot.

Any other person on this forum washing their mask after use or buying a new one every time?

Bodhi

Your mind reading skills are limited young Padawan. I suggest you spend the next couple of months hiding behind the sofa and working on them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Zealot.

Any other person on this forum washing their mask after use or buying a new one every time?
Nope. Like you said not everyone can be 100% - but I wouldn't call @dysfunction a zealot - credit where credit is due if Dys achieves perfection :)

What it does mean is that you wash your hands and don't touch your face. If your mask is dirty, but you don't touch it after application and wash / disinfect your hands before doing what you need to do then you're still achieving droplet reductions and not spreading with your hands. (But, obviously, that's if you're really careful).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Nope. Like you said not everyone can be 100% - but I wouldn't call @dysfunction a zealot - credit where credit is due if Dys achieves perfection :)

What it does mean is that you wash your hands and don't touch your face. If your mask is dirty, but you don't touch it after application and wash / disinfect your hands before doing what you need to do then you're still achieving droplet reductions and not spreading with your hands. (But, obviously, that's if you're really careful).
I agree with what you're saying, but I'd be massively surprised if more than a small minority of people are doing this. I have nothing to base this on other than what I see day to day, so more than happy to be proved wrong

dysfunction

FH is my second home

:D I didn't say I was perfect but I do try and make an effort.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I use the same disposable one half the time, if I have forgotten my washable one (that has never been washed)

I keep my distance and the only shop I visit is the local Co-Op for milk or the butcher for animal flesh. We get shopping delivered from Morrisons.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Even I in the country of no masks have a mask with a disposible filter that lasts a week before it needs changing. Yes they are very very expensive BUT we rarely go out in to situations where we need a mask - we travel to work by car (the same one) and grocery shopping is done on line. Regardless of what the news may say the streets are emptier again here so it looks like at least where I live people are being careful.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Job points out the actual science of wearing masks.

Job doesnt like masks.
If youre not using a new one everytime youre an idiot...if you touch it and then touch things..youre an idiot, if you take it off and roll it into a ball and stuff it in your pocket ..youre an idiot...if you have one youve been using for a week on your dashboard, youre an idiot.

That would be 90% of people, they cant be blamed, the government doesnt give a fuck either and makes no effort to advise with the actual science.

Just wear any old shit as a placebo, they dont care that it gives people a complete and dangerous false sense of security.
They dont care people pull them down to talk or asjust them every 5 seconds.

Its just a compliance to make it seem like they have a plan, some advice and a way to punish offenders which makes it seem like people who follow their pointless ..anti scientific advice are the good guys.

The original WHO advice is the correct advice, distancing is everything, they just want a way to make us believe its OK to get closer to save the economy.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Job points out the actual science of wearing masks.

Job doesnt like masks.
If youre not using a new one everytime youre an idiot...if you touch it and then touch things..youre an idiot, if you take it off and roll it into a ball and stuff it in your pocket ..youre an idiot...if you have one youve been using for a week on your dashboard, youre an idiot.

That would be 90% of people, they cant be blamed, the government doesnt give a fuck either and makes no effort to advise with the actual science.

Just wear any old shit as a placebo, they dont care that it gives people a complete and dangerous false sense of security.
They dont care people pull them down to talk or asjust them every 5 seconds.

Its just a compliance to make it seem like they have a plan, some advice and a way to punish offenders which makes it seem like people who follow their pointless ..anti scientific advice are the good guys.

The original WHO advice is the correct advice, distancing is everything, they just want a way to make us believe its OK to get closer to save the economy.

No Job.

The point was that you don't like masks, yet you're saying 'omg they're not wearing a mask' because you don't like them.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Zealot.

Nope but that wouldnt surprise @Scouse or @Gwadien just before they say so themselves. I have 2 masks incase i forget one .. or misplace. One in my pocket and one in the car. Not washed them yet.

its to prevent your spores getting to other people which happens if they are used if they are washed or not.

Bodhi

Nope but that wouldnt surprise @Scouse or @Gwadien just before they say so themselves. I have 2 masks incase i forget one .. or misplace. One in my pocket and one in the car. Not washed them yet.

its to prevent your spores getting to other people which happens if they are used if they are washed or not.

Spores? So they stop you from reproducing asexually, like a plant?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Andy Burnham just cost manchester 40 million for the sake of 5 million. And he is blaming the gov. Zzzzzz

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Zealot.

I have a stash of reusable ones that i wash each time, also have disposable box that i wear to shops or anywhere theres people

Its not that difficult christ almighty people no wonder UK going down the shitter :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have a stash of reusable ones that i wash each time, also have disposable box that i wear to shops or anywhere theres people

Its not that difficult christ almighty people no wonder UK going down the shitter :D
Yep. Not hard at all really.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its beyond belief that they have taken back 40m.
The repurcussions of this are election losing level.

Gwadien

Andy Burnham just cost manchester 40 million for the sake of 5 million. And he is blaming the gov. Zzzzzz

Why all the hate for Andy Burnham? I don't understand.

What has he done? (Apart from what's currently going on)

Gwadien

Yeah, I think people are just upset that there's a Labour leader who's standing up for the people that he represents.

I'malrightjackisms again. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom