Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Its time to asmit the NHS is not this wonder we try to kid ourselves it is, in fact its become a laughing stock.

Just throwing billions at it fixes nothing, its fundamentally flawed and no amount if money is going to save it from itself.
The German system is far superior to name but one, its costing us a fortune and still its full of the cheapest labout we can pull in from around the world, everythings running at bare minimum.
You could double its budget and it would still be a shitshow.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Its time to asmit the NHS is not this wonder we try to kid ourselves it is, in fact its become a laughing stock.

Just throwing billions at it fixes nothing, its fundamentally flawed and no amount if money is going to save it from itself.
The German system is far superior to name but one, its costing us a fortune and still its full of the cheapest labout we can pull in from around the world, everythings running at bare minimum.
You could double its budget and it would still be a shitshow.

More made up rubbish coming from you unless of course you have some proof of your drivel.
No? Thought not

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I dont get these notice periods for everything that makes people go out and party before it kicks in. But as a guy on tv just said. Without long term change we just gonna keep yoyo ing
Exactly, Wales for the next 5 days is going to be like 1 big fucking party. Then they enter lockdown, then they come out of it and infections rise again.

We cannot afford to keep stopping the economy, it will lead to more debt, also other health issues need to treated. Personally I would ensure that all covid patients go to a Nightingale hospital which will free up our "proper" hospitals to perform cancer treatment, operations etc.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Exactly, Wales for the next 5 days is going to be like 1 big fucking party. Then they enter lockdown, then they come out of it and infections rise again.

We cannot afford to keep stopping the economy, it will lead to more debt, also other health issues need to treated. Personally I would ensure that all covid patients go to a Nightingale hospital which will free up our "proper" hospitals to perform cancer treatment, operations etc.
Along with this protracted crap in manchester. Just showing the government to be an impotent gentleman sausage

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Along with this protracted crap in manchester. Just showing the government to be an impotent gentleman sausage
Remember healthcare is devolved so the "Government" in this case is Labour. Oh look the Mayor of Manchester is also Labour.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Except those Nightingale hospitals need to be staffed. Unless we've been keeping 1000's of medical professionals tucked away for a rainy day just opening up "big box hospital sheds" isn't going to reduce the drain on regular NHS services.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Except those Nightingale hospitals need to be staffed. Unless we've been keeping 1000's of medical professionals tucked away for a rainy day just opening up "big box hospital sheds" isn't going to reduce the drain on regular NHS services.
Agree but can we not use military staff, private sector staff? There must be a plan for them otherwise building them in the first place was a total waste of time and money.

Job

I forget.
Are we following or ignoring WHO advice this week?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not going to do jack shit.
It'll do two things:

1) Free up hospital space for xmas. Slow that curve down, but long-term? Nowt. Short term it'll stop hospitals filling up.

2) It'll clear the roads of traffic, making where I live an absolute dream to ride in again. Lockdown around here as long as you're not sick and can WFH is fucking brilliant. :)

Sucks for everyone else, of course.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Exactly, Wales for the next 5 days is going to be like 1 big fucking party.
Maybe cardiff and the valleys. But up north we're well aware of what's going on and when it's going to happen and I reckon they're mostly already acting in a locked down fashion.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Agree but can we not use military staff, private sector staff? There must be a plan for them otherwise building them in the first place was a total waste of time and money.

I find it weird we're not using military staff in the first place.

I know they setup a bunch of the testing centres and ran them, but it's mostly gone back into civvie hands - an expense.

The military is trained to deal with this kind of shit, but it seems only abroad, odd to me.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I forget.
Are we following or ignoring WHO advice this week?
WHO give a global view. Its up to individual countries to see if that works for them or it needs tweaking for individuals

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I find it weird we're not using military staff in the first place
Like there's a 30,000 military medical staff to call on anyway. It's a fucking joke that anyone looks at the army and shouts "save us".

It's there to kill people from other nations to enforce our financial interests (and, very secondarily, take down a small invading army.) Nothing else.

There are 8,100 regular army medical staff - and how many are going to be trained to treat complex respiratory illness?

Oh yes. Fuck all.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I thought quite a lot of military medical staff tend to be NHS members on secondments.

Also to me the nightingale hospitals are more about separation than increasing capacity.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I thought quite a lot of military medical staff tend to be NHS members on secondments.

Also to me the nightingale hospitals are more about separation than increasing capacity.
Yes on the fact that many military work for nhs as a day job.

the nightingales dramatically increased capacity or would do if they are staffed. Not about segregation as far as i knew.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the nightingales dramatically increased capacity or would do if they are staffed.
Which comes back to @Deebs' point - yes m8, they were a bullshit political idea in the first place.

Much like most of Bojo's ideas. They're poorly thought through.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My sister's test was done and posted on Thursday, it got there on Friday still not heard any thing yet.
Took my sister in law 4 or 5 days to get hers back. Seems to be a bit all over the place.

Job

You can forgive a certain scepticism about masks considering the complete turnaround of the science that has happened during the pandemic.
DrHilary is a tv doc, but also an MBE for services to science, telling the country in great detail how bad masks are.

View: https://streamable.com/86kk8r

Embattle

FH is my second home
Following reasons not to watch the posted video:

1. Posted by Job
2. On streamable
3. Appears low quality
4. Looks like GMB, aka tabloid TV.

Job

Its a good 50% of british mainstream info on the virus.

But feel free to ignore anything you dont like.
Its also a BBC interview with an infectiouse disease expert.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
When was it recorded? Quite alot of water has passed under the bridge @Job

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Which comes back to @Deebs' point - yes m8, they were a bullshit political idea in the first place.

Much like most of Bojo's ideas. They're poorly thought through.
Well from what i remember they had staff or plans for staff when they were built. Just they didnt put people their cause the capacity wasnt needed. I assume they will have a list of where to get staff from for them if / when they are required. I guess they wont be as competent as those who do it day in day out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well from what i remember they had staff or plans for staff when they were built. Just they didnt put people their cause the capacity wasnt needed.
Bullshit.

They put them there thinking that medical staff were easy to come by. You can just magic them out of thin fucking air. But anyone who knows any basics about programme or portfolio management knows that the planet just doesn't work like that.

I assume they will have a list of where to get staff from for them if / when they are required. I guess they wont be as competent as those who do it day in day out.
They don't have a list. It was just another "problem" to solve. One they have no idea how to solve.

So they spunked a load of money on nightingale hospitals that were never going to be much use.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Bullshit.

They put them there thinking that medical staff were easy to come by. You can just magic them out of thin fucking air. But anyone who knows any basics about programme or portfolio management knows that the planet just doesn't work like that.

They don't have a list. It was just another "problem" to solve. One they have no idea how to solve.

So they spunked a load of money on nightingale hospitals that were never going to be much use.

To be fair, there's a massive shortage of nurses, but there isn't a massive shortage of agency nurses.

Agency nurses get paid more than normal nurses and they don't have the long term responsibility to worry about.

Of course, that would be a megalol expensive solution, but it is a solution.

The question that needs to be asked though is why is there such a situation where so many nurses that drop out of normal NHS employment in the first place?

The same thing is starting to happen in education.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The question that needs to be asked though is why is there such a situation where so many nurses that drop out of normal NHS employment in the first place?
All the agency nurses I know dropped out of the NHS because they could work part time and look after their kids.

If that's the case - then they're not a solution to staffing - because they don't want to work longer hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom