Politics Coronavirus

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I’m not. I’m questioning poor decision making that could cost lives caused by bad politics.

You have been pretty much all the way through this thread?

Anyway being part of an EU wide purchasing group won't help us as much as speed of delivery, which our friends in Brussels aren't too good at.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
And you think the licensed manufacturers are just sitting on their arses? They are more than likely maxed out with no more capacity. The Government has also asked car manufacturers/F1 teams to help with making kit. They are unlicensed.

It is simply another dig at bringing Brexit into the pandemic and frankly is fucking disgusting.
No it’s not Brexit is over - these suppliers have more capacity.

Yoni

Techincally he is correct. We left the EU and are in a transition stage. Your point? Again trying to link the pandemic to Brexit.

Hang on it is a confirmation from no10. It is no10 who has decided not to be part of an EU initiative. Please can you stop assuming that questioning the governments motives is about Brexit - for me it is not.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You have been pretty much all the way through this thread?

Anyway being part of an EU wide purchasing group won't help us as much as speed of delivery, which our friends in Brussels aren't too good at.
That wasn't the reason given though. If they'd said that I wouldn't have posted it. The reason was 'no because Brexit'. Not me saying that. 'Government spokesperson'.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No it’s not Brexit is over - these suppliers have more capacity.
Sigh, if they have more capactity then why are all governments around the world asking NON-licenced manufacturers to work on making ventilators? Dyson got picked out by virtue the owner is a Brexiteer.

Yoni

Sigh, if they have more capactity then why are all governments around the world asking NON-licenced manufacturers to work on making ventilators? Dyson got picked out by virtue the owner is a Brexiteer.
I am not aware of the owners politics as I said Brexit is done / not interesting what is is why BJ is using not being part of Europe which as you correctly have stated is not technically true to not be part of a European initiative during a crisis... odd no?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am not aware of the owners politics as I said Brexit is done / not interesting what is is why BJ is using not being part of Europe which as you correctly have stated is not technically true to not be part of a European initiative during a crisis... odd no?
History will judge him and how the Government acted. Personally I think we should have joined the initiative at the EUs invite. At the moment the only reason we have is from a spokesperson. There maybe other reasons/conditions attached to the invite. Anyway, everyone should be doing everything possible to help all of us through this. When we get to the other side the world is going to be very different.

Yoni

History will judge him and how the Government acted. Personally I think we should have joined the initiative at the EUs invite. At the moment the only reason we have is from a spokesperson. There maybe other reasons/conditions attached to the invite. Anyway, everyone should be doing everything possible to help all of us through this. When we get to the other side the world is going to be very different.
History will judge how all governments behaved during this. No one can disagree with your last two sentences.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So at the G20 summit today the UK was identified as the largest contributor to finding a vaccine giving £210 million.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Techincally he is correct. We left the EU and are in a transition stage. Your point? Again trying to link the pandemic to Brexit.
Disagree.

The important thing is getting product in as fast as possible. If that means pitching in with EU friends, regardless of whether we're members or not, thst's what we should do.

If America has a programme to get 'em quicker then we should get in there too - and nobody would complain.

In a crisis - People, not Politics.

It's Brexiters that are stopping us doing the right thing. "We're not part of the EU". Who gives a fuck.

Oh. Brexiters, that's who. Killing health workers because they have a non-cooperation stick up their arse then blaming remainers when they point that fact out.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Under this lockdown wonder if it is possible to get out and fix all the potholes using a 1 person per vehicle and performing a conveyor belt system? ie. first person prepares hole to be filled, when done they move on, 2nd person fills and packs hole with tarmac (or whatever it is they use).

It is the ideal time :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Disagree.

The important thing is getting product in as fast as possible. If that means pitching in with EU friends, regardless of whether we're members or not, thst's what we should do.

If America has a programme to get 'em quicker then we should get in there too - and nobody would complain.

In a crisis - People, not Politics.

It's Brexiters that are stopping us doing the right thing. "We're not part of the EU". Who gives a fuck.

Oh. Brexiters, that's who. Killing health workers because they have a non-cooperation stick up their arse then blaming remainers when they point that fact out.
Actually I said we should have done it. If you read my messages I have been saying the exact same thing, fuck politics and scoring points at this time.

Tho you have to be careful where you buy stuff from. Was reading that most of what China/Russia have shipped overseas simply does not fucking work.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The basic issue is supply and demand, the major issue in this is it's a pandemic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know you did @Deebs - but @Wij wasn't scoring points. He was pointing out our government said no because Brexit.

Not wanting to speak for @Wij but I daresay he's on the same page as you and me here. - we just want to get shit done.

But Brexit is absolutely the reason shit ain't getting done. As announced by our government.

It's a bit off to have a pop at Wij for "political points scoring" when he's simply expressing frustration with a 100% accurate assessment of the situation.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I know you did @Deebs - but @Wij wasn't scoring points. He was pointing out our government said no because Brexit.

Not wanting to speak for @Wij but I daresay he's on the same page as you and me here. - we just want to get shit done.

But Brexit is absolutely the reason shit ain't getting done. As announced by our government.

It's a bit off to have a pop at Wij for "political points scoring" when he's simply expressing frustration with a 100% accurate assessment of the situation.
No no no. Sorry my point was not aimed at him in the slightest, was more a rant over the shit on twitter. If I have offended @Wij then I apologise.

Like you I just want people to stop fucking trying to score points with politics and get working together whatever your alignment is to fix and solve this worldwide crisis.

I get absolutely raging when I see videos of our key workers crying or saying they need PPE. My employer was asked if we could offer our supply of PPE but were told no as we are key workers supporting CNI like telecoms, the national grid, supply and generation. Christ I want to join the NHS volunteer service but as I an now listed as a key worker supporting the management platforms which supply telecoms for Blue Light services and CNI I don't think I can afford to take the risk. It fucks me right off.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Under this lockdown wonder if it is possible to get out and fix all the potholes using a 1 person per vehicle and performing a conveyor belt system? ie. first person prepares hole to be filled, when done they move on, 2nd person fills and packs hole with tarmac (or whatever it is they use).

It is the ideal time :)
This is a great idea.

Road closures should be easy.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I mean look at how politics can have a massive influence on this pandemic, tRump and the USA esp NYC. Drop all of it, fuck Brexit, fuck elections, fuck it all. Work together and solve it. Once done you can go back to your political fighting.

Over 500,000 worldwide now infected, NYC reporting a 40% rise in hospital patients. It is absolutely fucking terrifying.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Derbyshire Police using drones to catch people walking in the mountains.

I mean really, its not even clear thats not allowed, obviously people driving great distances isnt on.

But they are letting people come in from Spain and Italy unchecked on flights and the Police are showing off they can find you in the middle of nowhere with exactly zero chance of causing a problem.

Coronavirus UK: Police checkpoints stop non-essential journeys | Daily Mail Online

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Derbyshire Police using drones to catch people walking in the mountains.

I mean really, its not even clear thats not allowed, obviously people driving great distances isnt on.

But they are letting people come in from Spain and Italy unchecked on flights and the Police are dhowing off they can find you in the middle of nowhere with exactly zero chance of causing a problem.

Coronavirus UK: Police checkpoints stop non-essential journeys | Daily Mail Online
Well for a start your source is the Daily Fail.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
No no no. Sorry my point was not aimed at him in the slightest, was more a rant over the shit on twitter. If I have offended @Wij then I apologise.

Like you I just want people to stop fucking trying to score points with politics and get working together whatever your alignment is to fix and solve this worldwide crisis.

I get absolutely raging when I see videos of our key workers crying or saying they need PPE. My employer was asked if we could offer our supply of PPE but were told no as we are key workers supporting CNI like telecoms, the national grid, supply and generation. Christ I want to join the NHS volunteer service but as I an now listed as a key worker supporting the management platforms which supply telecoms for Blue Light services and CNI I don't think I can afford to take the risk. It fucks me right off.
Not offended. Panic over :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean look at how politics can have a massive influence on this pandemic, tRump and the USA esp NYC. Drop all of it, fuck Brexit, fuck elections, fuck it all. Work together and solve it. Once done you can go back to your political fighting.

Over 500,000 worldwide now infected, NYC reporting a 40% rise in hospital patients. It is absolutely fucking terrifying.
I love the sentiment and 100% agree with you - but the reality is we signed up to this when we voted the way we did.

Politics is personal. It's not some esoteric non-event - if people vote for Brexit then our rulers are duty-bound to reflect the will of those people as expressed it at the ballot box.

We strongly expressed non-cooperation with the EU. We did that. Our government is not going to ignore that - or they can pick-and-choose what else to ignore.

So, whilst I agree with your sentiment, in many ways political points-scoring should intensify during a crisis - because politics and politicians run the whole shebang as an expression of the will of the people. And "I told you so" is a precursor to "remember when you..." at the next election - hopefully in an effort to get people to change the way they voted.

Brexit is isolationist. It was pointed out before the election that Isolationism comes with dangers - especially when dealing with regional and global threats - like global warming and, well what a fucking turnup, global pandemics.

We are less secure apart.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
upload_2020-3-26_16-26-27.png

Sorry, had to post this as I just received it and it made me shed tears of laughter in this dark time.

Now back to being serious.....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I love the sentiment and 100% agree with you - but the reality is we signed up to this when we voted the way we did.

Politics is personal. It's not some esoteric non-event - if people vote for Brexit then our rulers are duty-bound to reflect the will of those people as expressed it at the ballot box.

We strongly expressed non-cooperation with the EU. We did that. Our government is not going to ignore that - or they can pick-and-choose what else to ignore.

So, whilst I agree with your sentiment, in many ways political points-scoring should intensify during a crisis - because politics and politicians run the whole shebang as an expression of the will of the people. And "I told you so" is a precursor to "remember when you..." at the next election - hopefully in an effort to get people to change the way they voted.

Brexit is isolationist. It was pointed out before the election that Isolationism comes with dangers - especially when dealing with regional and global threats - like global warming and, well what a fucking turnup, global pandemics.

Nope..even the Guardian admits the EU have fucked this up and the single currency is now under huge pressure after failing miserably to even out Europe.

The EU is at crunch point now

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

But during an issue like this you drop all that. Look at WW1 and WW2. Regardless of our relationships with each other we worked together to solve a crisis. This is no different, Brexit or not. That is my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom