Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I'm merely pointing out that little old thing called world inequality and media hysteria.

Corona has killed 20k in 3 months, seasonal flu kills 500-600K a year....and still does right now.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Can confirm central London is like a ghost town at the moment. Kind of surreal tbh.

2200.jpg

Job

Don't engage @Ormorof - he doesn't have the capacity :(
You all just keep saying I dont understand without the slightest argument as to why its OK to ignore 1.3m deaths and have a meltdown over a virus that 90% kills the old and is very unlikely to touch even the seasonal flus death toll.

No virus since the Spanish flu have had such a high death toll because it was ignored and started during a world war.

35m people have aids in Africa.

Pandemics happen with decades inbetween them...the flu kills everyyear.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You all just keep saying I dont understand without the slightest argument
It's been explained to you, very clearly, multiple times.

If you were going to understand it the penny would have dropped by now. But it hasn't.

Any further engagement with you is like blowing in the wind. You just don't have the mental capacity for: statistical analysis, futre forecasting, understanding what is actionable and why, prioritisation and the ability to make determinations as to what is, and isn't, relevant.

All those things and more are required in tandem to understand the reasons why we're doing what we're doing for this specific virus.

It's not your fault you don't get it. But dem's the apples.

Follow the instructions: stay at home. Meeting other people is a bad thing.

Job

Im not complaining about isolation..its a sensible precaution; its ignoring the real killers that amuses me because they dont affect the 1st world.

Job

If you bothered to read my posts Im always pointing out world inequality.

Job

The big question is will these wage payouts depend on your savings, because more than 16K in the bank means no cash normally.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My post was clearly tongue in cheek.

It's not a big big problem for a few weeks (though it's still a problem - born of well-meaning ignorance most likely (if not simply ease, availability and cost) - if you've ever seen supersize me you'll know how quickly a bad diet can affect your physiology).

If that resembles anyone's day-to-day then on a societal level that's as serious a problem as coronavirus tbpfh - it'll quickly lead to obesity, nutritional deficiency and potentially many complications, including cancer, lower IQ and dementia, whilst type-2 diabetes alone takes up over 10% of the NHS budget.

Which makes sense if you think about it - as more than two-thirds of the UK are fat, stupid fucks :)
I find it hard differentiating between tongue in cheek an real with you :).

and yes i seen supersize movie. That dude got fucked up on mcdonalds. It depends how long that box is meant to last, amount of calories vs time. But i would hope the quality improved. Especially as its meant for people who are vulnerable. Bunging in a box of multivitamins might help too

Job

Are you going to try and make a claim then?
Doesnt bother me either way, but a anyone with 20K in the bank is going to be pretty pissed off having to spend it while people who dont save pull in a couple of grand a month.

Were going to see a huge rise in people saying.'fuck it'..go on the dole, live a simple life, this is only going to hit people who work.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Doesnt bother me either way, but a anyone with 20K in the bank is going to be pretty pissed off having to spend it while people who dont save pull in a couple of grand a month.

Were going to see a huge rise in people saying.'fuck it'..go on the dole, live a simple life, this is only going to hit people who work.

you didn't actually answer the question

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Of course he's going to try. He's say his plumbing company is losing out, put himself on furlough.

Then whine on here in 3 years time when HMRC catch up with him.

To be fair though - government should just give every man, wpman and child a basic universal payment, straight into our accounts.

Money is made up anyway. Just add a 2 with a few zeros to a new bank account for each human every month. Done by computer. Win.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Personally I don't give a shit who gets the orders as long as our NHS gets the ventilators. Politics/Brexit/Remainers/Leavers should give it a fucking rest and come together in this time. Do your political fighting when we are past this.
Dyson is not licensed to produce them.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dyson is not licensed to produce them.
The equipment will be tested and authorised before use. Same as the GTech one. Point is people are looking to link every fucking move the Government does to Brexit. People should shut the fuck up and help.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The equipment will be tested and authorised before use. Same as the GTech one. Point is people are looking to link every fucking move the Government does to Brexit. People should shut the fuck up and help.

Especially Stuchberry, the grifting cocksocket.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Personally I don't give a shit who gets the orders as long as our NHS gets the ventilators. Politics/Brexit/Remainers/Leavers should give it a fucking rest and come together in this time. Do your political fighting when we are past this.
I agree with the who cares who is making them however what I don't agree with is using an unliscenced manufacturer when there are institutions who are already liscenced within the UK with tested products. There is no logic i can see except financial gain by going with Dyson. Do you think a delay to market is a good idea right now to save a few bucks?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Maybe someone just went "oh, Dyson, I've heard of them" having no clue about medical ventilator companies and just made a call.

If they get the job done, who cares?
It will take longer to bring the product to market than using an already lisenced manufacturer... Also in a time when respirators are in demand why is the UK government not using all the suppliers of the product that it can - it is not logical.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Maybe someone just went "oh, Dyson, I've heard of them" having no clue about medical ventilator companies and just made a call.

If they get the job done, who cares?
The bods at the top of NHS (or certainly the bods in charge of acquisition) would know and have accounts with every decent-sized medical manufacturer in the country and beyond.

As long as whoever is doing it comes through ASAP it doesn't matter *unless* they've gone for the slower option for whatever reason.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I agree with the who cares who is making them however what I don't agree with is using an unliscenced manufacturer when there are institutions who are already liscenced within the UK with tested products. There is no logic i can see except financial gain by going with Dyson. Do you think a delay to market is a good idea right now to save a few bucks?
And you think the licensed manufacturers are just sitting on their arses? They are more than likely maxed out with no more capacity. The Government has also asked car manufacturers/F1 teams to help with making kit. They are unlicensed.

It is simply another dig at bringing Brexit into the pandemic and frankly is fucking disgusting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom