Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
And my work phone just received it. So thats both EE and Vodafone.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've just been shopping, shelves fully stocked. Don't need to leave the house for another 2 weeks now. It's normally fairly quiet here anyway but it's like a ghost town.
Did you get me my pasta?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yup. This is what happens when a president who has a cult-like following stands up and spouts bullshit - lots of people listen.

Over 2 hours wait for Ocado now.

Bullshit that China and South Korea have already used effectively.

Not sure why people are so down on a treatment that seems to get more and more promising every day, just because "their guy" didn't propose it.

Also not sure how you can tie something a politician said into someone taking a bottle of fish tank cleaner, ignoring the warning on the side of the bottle that says "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" and swigging the contents. That's Darwinism in action tbh.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber

Not sure why people are so down on a treatment that seems to get more and more promising every day, just because "their guy" didn't propose it.

Also not sure how you can tie something a politician said into someone taking a bottle of fish tank cleaner, ignoring the warning on the side of the bottle that says "NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION" and swigging the contents. That's Darwinism in action tbh.
I think you need to separate things out.

Trump should not say something is FDA approved if it is not. At best that's a mistake and at worst it's a lie, neither of which is helpful.

People drinking fish tank cleaner aren't Trump's creation. Like you say, Darwinism.

Stupid media outlets creating bullshit headlines mixing these together should be suitably reprimanded.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber

I'm not saying the treatment (if it turns out to be a treatment) is bullshit, I'm saying Trump getting up there and telling everybody to take it and falsely saying it had been approved by the FDA is bullshit. I'm not "down" on the treatment - it's not a treatment yet, it's a *potential* treatment. I also don't give a toss who did or didn't propose it... France is at or near the forefront of testing it (and yes there have been encouraging results) but you don't see Macron going out and telling people to take it before the tests have been concluded, do you? No, because he's a competent leader whose primary motivation isn't his own re-election and trying to stop his businesses (sorry err I mean his sons' businesses) from suffering.
Really easily. Yes they were fucking dumb to go through with it but they heard their president tell them repeatedly that this drug cured COVID-19 and also that the FDA had already approved it. They searched for the drug and any product which contained it.

Nobody apart from Trump is telling people to take this drug, the Surgeon General gave Fox an earful yesterday because they were harping on about how great this drug was. it's dangerous.

Embattle

FH is my second home
_111404836_uk_line_chart_v3_640-nc.png

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
India is on lockdown for 3 weeks... 1.3 billion - that is going to be a nightmare in the more overcrowded homes :/

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
India is on lockdown for 3 weeks... 1.3 billion - that is going to be a nightmare in the more overcrowded homes :/

I don’t really see how it’s possible; there are 20 million homeless people for a start.

Yoni

I don’t really see how it’s possible; there are 20 million homeless people for a start.
I have asked one of my colleagues that question - let’s see what comes back

Yoni

According to my colleague there are additional funds put aside for the homeless.

I fear however there will be an increase in dysentery....

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Sleep seperately..
Wtf.

Londons the fucking epicentre of this shit.

Get people off the frickin tube.

Im seeing the beginning of key workers realising they are at risk of infection while everyone else is safe in their pyjamas or at the beach on full pay or 80% of it.
The Tube staff are threatening to quit.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Empty threats. The tube staff I know get paid £lolol and they're not going to chuck it away to get under £100 a week.

Though I totally don't blame them for being pissed off, they're far and away from suffering the most.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I am to get a letter which I can show to authorities to show I am a key worker and need to travel. I provide support for CNI.

DaGaffer

Empty threats. The tube staff I know get paid £lolol and they're not going to chuck it away to get under £100 a week.

Though I totally don't blame them for being pissed off, they're far and away from suffering the most.

I thought the problem with the tube is they've cut it back too much so all the people who still need to get in to London are too crowded.

If key workers are the issue why not put a moratorium on the congestion charge for key workers' vehicles and free car park passes? All easily doable.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If key workers are the issue why not put a moratorium on the congestion charge for key workers' vehicles and free car park passes? All easily doable.
I heard that they have lifted the congestion charge. I know in Bristol the council are letting NHS staff park free of charge in one of their multi-stories.

DaGaffer

Missus has to get tested. We'll get the appointment for the drive through testing centre tomorrow. She's presenting some symptoms but the key worry is she was in the hospital exactly two weeks ago and our doctor has already referred a dozen people who were in that particular hospital.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not convinced you'll get away with being a key worker while providing support for the Clitoris National Institute.
Always loved being in charge of Covelli's Unified Network Team

Embattle

FH is my second home
I see trump is doubling down on his comment from yesterday about restarting the economy, I'm not quite sure he understands the exponential growth factor of the virus or just doesn't care.

Yoni

He has seen the effect on his own businesses and is in self preservation mode....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Trump is a twat who is out of his league. This is a not a failed business attempt which he is great at doing.

MYstIC G

Staff member
FH Subscriber
I thought the problem with the tube is they've cut it back too much so all the people who still need to get in to London are too crowded.

It is and they have. Congestion Charge is off, NCP (most of LU station parking) is free for NHS. Hence, why I get they're pissed off but they're not going to quit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom