Wij

I am a FH squatter

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
The public are either giving wrong details or not bothering to return calls. Was always going to happen when the possibility was isolation for 2 weeks.
Yes but shows how crap the system is we are relying on. I have seen a few numbers going up in the last couple of days. Now they drop the alert level. I think this is driven by economy and politics not science any more

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes but shows how crap the system is we are relying on. I have seen a few numbers going up in the last couple of days. Now they drop the alert level. I think this is driven by economy and politics not science any more

Absolutely.
The infections graph looks like it's levelled off....that tells me it's not going down anymore but about to go back up.

Hopefully I'm wrong

Embattle

FH is my second home
I doubt you are wrong, since each week they've reduced the limitations thus I would expect it to take a upwards bump sometime soon.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Conformity to advice is dropping to zero around here, or at least with the thick fucks I have to deal with.

The Eastern Europeans have just completely ignored it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
"This is the most disastrous handling of any serious challenge to a government for 100 years" - Sir David King, Former Government Chief Scientific Advisor and Chairman of Independent SAGE.

The Conservatives were lying when reporting figures.
The gap between the Downing Street figures and the true toll was “an attempt to play down the adversity that the country was faced with”...

“They didn’t say we have to add on all these other numbers which would have been a more honest thing to say,”...

“They were saying things were more rosy than they actually were. The most important thing when you are running any crisis of this kind is truth and honesty. The only way to maintain the moral authority of the government.

The government never once reported daily deaths over 1000 - whereas in reality the daily death toll exceeded 1000 for 22 consecutive days (peaking at nearly 1500).

Job

It was always around the high 900s, with a bit more info it comes clearer over time, it's hardly a coverup.
But then again..the Guardian

Embattle

FH is my second home
I suspect whatever you've concluded isn't going to be the same as what most of the people who are likely to answer your question conclude.

Job

Athiests are wrong, there is a god who loves them?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
From The Reg forums:

Because up until a few weeks ago the T&T systems decisions were being taken by NHSX. NHSX is a tiny body run by an ex-spook invented out of nowhere last year to offer tech point solutions to hard problems. This means in practice they have been principally funnelling money to a small company called Faculty, who are to all intents and purposes the commercial arm of the Vote Leave campaign's analytics team - this means they're Dominic Cummings's mates.

They drafted in Palantir to help. This was done at no additional cost - it was a natural emergency, naturally - but Palantir and Faculty (and others) would retain rights to IP developed during the T&T engagement. This would include derived machine learning models and statistical analyses. All based on the most sensitive data we could possibly have - minute by minute accounting of where you've been and who you've been near, cross referenced with your confidential NHS data and then handed over to the Home Office and to the least ethical companies in data and analytics.

T&T decisions were recently moved under Dido Harding who (and this is important) reports to NHS England, who operate on a proper statutory basis - NHSX report to the minister directly, so have no real supervision or oversight or purpose. Dido might not have the best reputation in these parts, but she is not a complete idiot and NHSE are almost certainly more concerned with building a functioning T&T system than they are in trying to harvest all our secrets for nefarious uses.

Palantir is Peter Thiel by the way. Trump-loving tech billionaire.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
From The Reg forums:

Because up until a few weeks ago the T&T systems decisions were being taken by NHSX. NHSX is a tiny body run by an ex-spook invented out of nowhere last year to offer tech point solutions to hard problems. This means in practice they have been principally funnelling money to a small company called Faculty, who are to all intents and purposes the commercial arm of the Vote Leave campaign's analytics team - this means they're Dominic Cummings's mates.

They drafted in Palantir to help. This was done at no additional cost - it was a natural emergency, naturally - but Palantir and Faculty (and others) would retain rights to IP developed during the T&T engagement. This would include derived machine learning models and statistical analyses. All based on the most sensitive data we could possibly have - minute by minute accounting of where you've been and who you've been near, cross referenced with your confidential NHS data and then handed over to the Home Office and to the least ethical companies in data and analytics.

T&T decisions were recently moved under Dido Harding who (and this is important) reports to NHS England, who operate on a proper statutory basis - NHSX report to the minister directly, so have no real supervision or oversight or purpose. Dido might not have the best reputation in these parts, but she is not a complete idiot and NHSE are almost certainly more concerned with building a functioning T&T system than they are in trying to harvest all our secrets for nefarious uses.

Palantir is Peter Thiel by the way. Trump-loving tech billionaire.
Yeah the nhs app answer to all ills was always gonna be a shit show. Bleeding the phones of power by having blue tooth enabled all the time and trying to code around apples limitations to access its hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom