Politics Coronavirus

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Trumpism in the UK really. Competence is not desirable.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Sir David King, Former Government Chief Scientific Advisor and Chairman of Independent SAGE.

When reporting the numbers on TV they always made it very clear how they got there and what they included and did not include. That whole article is baseless, for me, It was always very clear what was being reported.

I really hate the US/UK press now. Always thought it could never get much worse after tabloid journalism. How wrong I was. Now we have mainstream clickbait everywhere and that is because it's all about getting eyes on adverts, not news analysis. News is kinda irrelevant and can instead be based on one twitter comment, no investigation, no corroboration just print with vague language like should, could and possibly.

I honestly wish someone would write viruses to permanently take down all social media, the world would be a far better place.

/rant off

Shitty mood today lost a good friend in the US, not from covid though was brain tumour he had been battling for years. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sir David King, Former Government Chief Scientific Advisor and Chairman of Independent SAGE.
Why the "bullshit" to this @jbp old bean?

It's who he is/the posts he held/holds?

I mean, if he was a toilet cleaner claiming authority then I'd be with you but David King was UK.gov's chief scientific advisor for about a decade.

If that doesn't lend his opinion some weight the you should just let @Job lead scientific discourse in this country.

So I ask again: why the bullshit?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Anyone who's developed an app ever knows you don't "work with Apple and Google" to build it, you just follow the rules and submit it to the stores, where Apple will review it and Google will let it go live and pull it later if it breaks any rules.

So technically, if you're a mealy mouthed pr flack who wants to spin a story then yes they could "work with" Apple and Google in an extremely narrow sense, without senior management in either company being particularly aware of it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We are poorly - currently it feels like a bad cold however to be sure I have just ordered a test that will be delivered to my home tomorrow or the day after as demand is high - won’t be going anywhere anyway.... let’s see how the new test system works lucky for me it started today

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
We are poorly - currently it feels like a bad cold however to be sure I have just ordered a test that will be delivered to my home tomorrow or the day after as demand is high - won’t be going anywhere anyway.... let’s see how the new test system works lucky for me it started today
Hope you guys feel better soon

Embattle

FH is my second home

Well hopefully nothing, what sort of test is it?

Yoni

Well hopefully nothing, what sort of test is it?
As far as I can establish it will be a swab test - I’ll let you know when it is done. I have booked a home test and it should arrive next working day, however the site launched at 5pm today and I was advised the test may arrive in a couple of days so Wednesday latest.

I feel like I have a heavy cold but I want to be certain before I go back in to the office (due next week I cancelled my place on this Wednesday obviously).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As far as I can establish it will be a swab test - I’ll let you know when it is done. I have booked a home test and it should arrive next working day, however the site launched at 5pm today and I was advised the test may arrive in a couple of days so Wednesday latest.

I feel like I have a heavy cold but I want to be certain before I go back in to the office (due next week I cancelled my place on this Wednesday obviously).

Hope you guys are ok - and if you do have it don't have any extreme symptoms!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hope you both are ok and that the test arrives asap.

Yoni

No test as yet although it is "on the way" see if it arrives later today or tomorrow. I am still think it is a heavy cold. There have been some interesting results though. My colleague whose father in law is over 80 has cv19 currently with no symptoms. I have an employee who was off work (substantiated with doctors certificates) for 8 weeks but she was not sick enough for a test - her antibodies say she has not had the disease, neither has my colleagues husband who was laid up for a month. However colleagues who have been ill fo 2 days have antibodies .... its appears to be quite illogical...

Embattle

FH is my second home
Other viruses, diseases, etc. still do the rounds while covid does its thing so the majority are surely likely to be something other than covid.

The evidence on antibodies still seems all over the place at times.

Yoni

I agree but we are rotating through our office 50% at a time and last week end we spent with family (social distancing in place) - so I believe that as we are sick now we should inform both if the test is either positive or negative. Anything else would be irresponsible :)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Which bit are you facepalming..his calculations or that young people arent dying.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Why the "bullshit" to this @jbp old bean?

It's who he is/the posts he held/holds?

I mean, if he was a toilet cleaner claiming authority then I'd be with you but David King was UK.gov's chief scientific advisor for about a decade.

If that doesn't lend his opinion some weight the you should just let @Job lead scientific discourse in this country.

So I ask again: why the bullshit?

Terribly sorry, it seems I might have accidentally hit the said button whilst scrolling down. Therefore I lay the blame on this new layout while viewing on my mobile.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Terribly sorry, it seems I might have accidentally hit the said button whilst scrolling down. Therefore I lay the blame on this new layout while viewing on my mobile.
No worries m8. I was just surprised is all. I blame @Deebs too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom