Politics Coronavirus

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
That BLM protest is going to fuck the work people have done over the last few months.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Come on @Job (+@Bodhi). That's a great visual.

Watch that, tell us that A) the lockdown is a waste of time and B) it's just like flu.

Remember @Job - that's with lockdown. And we don't lock down for flu.

You going to stop talking shit now?

Watched it.

Lockdown is a waste of time.

HTH.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Watched it.

Lockdown is a waste of time.

HTH.

It just wasn't and that's propped up by facts and figures. In fact, it's not disputable because comparably, week after week the figures have changed for the better.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Those figures are an absolute joke.
The figure are from the global burden of disease study.

The Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD) is the most comprehensive worldwide observational epidemiological study to date. It describes mortality and morbidity from major diseases, injuries and risk factors to health at global, national and regional levels.

So not "made up", but a policymaking tool for governments based on the best data the world has available.

So - what's your objection to reality again @Job?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Welk theres some serious massaging of parameters going on isnt there.
WHO says 3.1m deaths caused as a result of malnutrition in children alone.

This study .nah, just a couple 100 thousand.
Malaria....WHO says average 450K.
This study...nah bollocks.
WHO says 300K world deaths from covid.

Yup thats it!!!

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Welk theres some serious massaging of parameters going on isnt there.
WHO says 3.1m deaths caused as a result of malnutrition in children alone.

This study .nah, just a couple 100 thousand.
Malaria....WHO says average 450K.
This study...nah bollocks.
WHO says 300K world deaths from covid.

Yup thats it!!!
Its over the period of time that coronavirus has been killing people. Not a yearly total.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, thats what I get for no glasses in the morning.
So, given the quality of the dataset you're amending your position right?

In the face of the gold standard hard evidence anything other action just paints you as a religious zealot, no?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh yeah, thats what I get for no glasses in the morning.
It goes from 0 COVID-19 deaths to the current total (or the total on the date it was created)... wtf did you think the timescale was?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It just wasn't and that's propped up by facts and figures. In fact, it's not disputable because comparably, week after week the figures have changed for the better.

Sorry, but it just isn't. Multiple analyses by UK Universities show that peak infections occurred before lockdown, so it was a mostly pointless exercise that hasn't really helped.

From Oxford University's Centre for Evidence Based Medicine - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rt-argues-draconian-measures-unnecessary.html

And from Bristol University - 2020: peak-lockdown | School of Mathematics | University of Bristol

Given the number of excess deaths produced by the ONS has a large number not attributed to Covid, and given how easy it is to get Covid on the death certificate it's quite easy to see that without lockdown an awful lot of people would still be with us - those who couldn't get access to treatment during the crisis for other ailments, without even going there on missed cancer diagnoses, suicides, job losses, etc etc.

The figures have changed for the better due to something natural called the Pandemic curve, and would be declining even if we did nothing whatsoever.

Sounded a good idea at the time, but on reflection it is a stupid idea, which should never be tried again.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Alok Sharma has tested positive. So he did bring it into the House Of Commons.
He looked fucking terrible yesterday. You would think alarm bells would've started ringing as soon as he realised he had symptoms but no.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sorry, but it just isn't. Multiple analyses by UK Universities show that peak infections occurred before lockdown,
Peak infection rate - with lockdown doing it's job.

Which is kind of obvious, no?

A global lockdown, designed to stop infection happening, stopping infections? Who'd have thunk it!

You can see it in that graph - exponential acceleration of growth, lockdown hits and you see the rate of increase in deaths (and therefore infections) dramatically slow.

You can see it in that graph. You don't even need to look at the numbers.

It utterly boggles my mind that it's not blindingly obvious to you, and that you give priority to problems our solution creates rather than the critical problem it's helping to solve.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Taking more recent data (rather than statistical analysis done early April @Bodhi) you can also see that it's not conforming to the graphs you posted, so if the tail's wrong, why do you insist the front is correct?

_112667500_uk_daily_deaths_with_ra_3jun-nc.png

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A facepalm's not an argument @Bodhi - your position relies on a single (outdated) theoretical model with a date dependency of days, when timelag, measurement, modelling is hugely uncertain at the moment.

Your house is not only built on sand, you're raging against a tide that already came in.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So the infections peaked just before the thing that was designed solely to reduce infections was introduced. If only there was some way of connecting those dots.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
So the infections peaked just before the thing that was designed solely to reduce infections was introduced. If only there was some way of connecting those dots.

Seems some people can't manage to do that though

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It goes from 0 COVID-19 deaths to the current total (or the total on the date it was created)... wtf did you think the timescale was?
I couldnt read them..I just thought it was one if those dramatic rise videos, which it did have a hint of.
Anyway..
Still outside of that Daily Mail style graph.
330K dead

450K for a bad flu year.
Malnutrituon 3.1m
TB 1.5m

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh ffs.
Seriously thats on the level of.

'Ive still got MY sweets.'

Blaming brexit for us being behind the curve and waiting till those two weeks ahead are down to single figures, then shouting.
'Were the worst.'

Its just purile...but purile is the weapon of choice on twatter.
Forget the Brexit angle. It's not the point I wanted to make. Look at the graph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom