Politics Coronavirus

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Approximately 70 to 3000 earthquakes occur in and around Yellowstone park each year.

Only takes one. It is the odds which I said are shit, not the number which I also read in the article.

Last edited:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Only takes one. It is the odds which I said are shit, not the number whicI I also read in the article.

I mean, if we're to believe science on the matter (which I do) we're not due one for another 50-60k years yet (I think that was the figure anyway), obviously it could happen anywhere leading up to that but the data they've gathered on previous eruptions gave them a fair estimate of time between eruptions.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
4pbvwo15aa251.jpg

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
??

Sweden with the "ten times bigger than Norway" death rate?

I guess the scandi countries that are now opening borders with each other - but excluding Sweden - have differing views.

Yes, that Sweden.

Direct from the Norwegian PM - Coronavirus: Norway wonders if it should have been more like Sweden

Denmark didn't exactly follow the science, and lockdown was political - https://www.thelocal.dk/20200529/le...marks-pm-steam-rollered-her-own-health-agency

I highly doubt either will lockdown again if a second wave hits in winter.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
But if theres no second wave then lockdown worked? Im confused by your stance :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yes, that Sweden.

Direct from the Norwegian PM - Coronavirus: Norway wonders if it should have been more like Sweden

Denmark didn't exactly follow the science, and lockdown was political - https://www.thelocal.dk/20200529/le...marks-pm-steam-rollered-her-own-health-agency

I highly doubt either will lockdown again if a second wave hits in winter.
Can't read your paywall but from what I can see Norway's PM is, as is quite naturally, talking about whether all of Norway's quarantine procedures were necessary.

But "be like sweden?" Fuck no thankyou! Ten times more death??

That's why the borders are staying shut.

Clearly.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
The boarders are not fully shut ... they have never been fully shut - everyone who lives in Sweden and works in Denmark / Norway AND Finland have been travelling to work on a daily basis where necessary and vice versa.

As for the boarders - I am not sure you are aware of this but Swedish people tend to stay in Sweden in the summer vacation and Norwegians and Danish tend to go to Sweden to their second homes - especially the Danish. So this is not a ‘punishment’ for Swedish citizens- more confinement for Danish, Norwegian and Finnish. Swedish tend to travel for tourism more during Jan to Mar and Oct to Dec to get some sunlight.

Finally outside of Sweden’s well reported failure to protect its aging population there have been 511 deaths (0 to 69) 51 deaths per million - in Denmark 100 dpm, Finland 58 and Norway 44.

Norway believes it should had similar restrictions to Sweden and only ensured 70+ were taken care of in a better way (investigations and reviews have been underway in Sweden for 6 weeks or more and a cv19 review board will begin its work to establish better protocol for the older generation and future viral outbreaks).

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
The boarders are not fully shut ... they have never been fully shut - everyone who lives in Sweden and works in Denmark / Norway AND Finland have been travelling to work on a daily basis where necessary and vice versa.

As for the boarders - I am not sure you are aware of this but Swedish people tend to stay in Sweden in the summer vacation and Norwegians and Danish tend to go to Sweden to their second homes - especially the Danish. So this is not a ‘punishment’ for Swedish citizens- more confinement for Danish, Norwegian and Finnish. Swedish tend to travel for tourism more during Jan to Mar and Oct to Dec to get some sunlight.

Finally outside of Sweden’s well reported failure to protect its aging population there have been 511 deaths (0 to 69) 51 deaths per million - in Denmark 100 dpm, Finland 58 and Norway 44.

Norway believes it should had similar restrictions to Sweden and only ensured 70+ were taken care of in a better way (investigations and reviews have been underway in Sweden for 6 weeks or more and a cv19 review board will begin its work to establish better protocol for the older generation and future viral outbreaks).

/pedant
borders

Boarder: someone who rides a board or who stays in school accommodation.
Border: division between two or more countries.

I'm seeing a lot of peeps saying boarders, it's starting to wind me up :confused:
Apologies for the intrusion.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Thanks for the correction oO. In my defence I need to ensure my keyboard is set to English as I see a shitload of my own errors once I have posted and then re read. If I can I edit but most of the time I am too late. Additionally I spend my life translating several different languages so sometimes my brain just doesn’t work in any of them :/

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Total deaths are falling to average, now its a case of going below average for the rest of the year to fulfill my prediction of an normal bad flu year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You would hope that all infectious diseases would have taken a hit from a lockdown designed to stop transmission of infectious diseases.

But you'll still be wrong @Job.

(Not least because "normal" bad flu years don't involve global shutdowns - so there'll never be anything normal about this)

Job

My biggest concern is lockdown deaths...but they should be quite self evident.

Job

Deaths from normally treatable diseases..increases in suicides, domestic violence.
Basically anything I can get .

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Had an interesting phone call yesterday from one of my doctors as I received the shielding letter.

"We had 3 days to find a way to measure if people should shield or not, we ended up with BMI. Anyone who has had a BMI over 30 in our system got the letter. Your immuno-suppressants don't put you as high risk even though they're listed. Feel free to go outside but keep social distancing. Sorry!"

At my largest I was probably 30+, but I'm mid/late 20s now (Gym etc) - So that was interesting. It looks like they just blanket sent out the letter to people who've historically been large, even if they're not now.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It looks like they just blanket sent out the letter to people who've historically been large, even if they're not now.

Hmmm... what about people who haven't 'historically been large' but feel a bit that way due to lockdown? :whistle:;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hmmm... what about people who haven't 'historically been large' but feel a bit that way due to lockdown? :whistle:;)

AND THAT IS NOT A HEIGHT REFERENCE YOU CUNTS! ./ pre-emptive strike

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom