Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
To be fair @Deebs. What does Johnson think he's doing lifting lockdown right now to let people congregate in public spaces?

People's proximity is a function of space, population density, different people's risk tolerance for different things. (You can clearly see some people trying to keep a 2m distance and some people not).

This is the nature of lifting lockdown. Pragmatically, this is the result.

If R is still more important then lockdown needs to stay. :)

Personally, I reckon we should have had a 3-week illegal-to-go-outside lockdown, with food parcel drops. Track and trace app should have been ready to go (we've had years of repeated warnings) and testing kits should have been ready.

We'd have fixed it by the end of April.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
To be fair @Deebs. What does Johnson think he's doing lifting lockdown right now to let people congregate in public spaces?

People's proximity is a function of space, population density, different people's risk tolerance for different things. (You can clearly see some people trying to keep a 2m distance and some people not).

Personally, I reckon we should have had a 3-week illegal-to-go-outside lockdown, with food parcel drops. Track and trace app should have been ready to go (we've had years of repeated warnings) and testing kits should have been ready.

Um last I heard was that lockdown was being lifted tomorrow not yesterday (Peckham) or today (London).

This protest has fuckall to do with any form of lockdown. It was going to happen regardless.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Went swimming in a lake today - cops rocked up and caught lots of people. Scousers mainly (North Wales is Scouser's and Mancs playground). They were walking about asking people for their postcode.

Family near us with an annoying as shit yappy dog got what to say drilled into them by their dad then got up to leave. Told us cops were coming but we said we're OK as we live local.

"Oh us too!". Yeah right.

Off they fucked round the lake. I could hear his missus giving him shit. :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
This is the problem with thinking the mass public will act as we do, truth is a large % wont. most will now see this as a total easing and many will use excuses like Cummings and other MPs breaking the rules to justify their own actions. All we can do now is wait 3-4 weeks and see. If no effect then maybe the worst is over, if a rise then maybe next time we can employ people who understand human behaviour.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You are allowed to travel in the UK though now aren't you? I am lost where your restrictions are right now?

We are still confined to a 2 hour circumference which is ok we have everything we need within walking distance the recommendation will be in place until July minimum - City and woodland to the South, Southwest, Castles, countryside and sea to the east (all within 5km walking). Temperature in the las week has been between 15 and 23 which is perfect for me - next week it will be 25 which is ok as long as windows are left open.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
After the protests (rightly in my opinion but unfortunately at the wrong time) will have a bigger impact on the spread of Covid-19 in the USA/UK than any other event over the last week.

These protestors have undone everything we have done for the last 3 months or so.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Typical protesters too

White man bad!

no mention of the Asian police officer that was present when George Floyd died

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
You are allowed to travel in the UK though now aren't you? I am lost where your restrictions are right now?

We are still confined to a 2 hour circumference which is ok we have everything we need within walking distance the recommendation will be in place until July minimum - City and woodland to the South, Southwest, Castles, countryside and sea to the east (all within 5km walking). Temperature in the las week has been between 15 and 23 which is perfect for me - next week it will be 25 which is ok as long as windows are left open.

We're still locked down to 5KM; its increasingly being ignored as far as I can see; nearby beach is packed and its not with locals.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
We're still locked down to 5KM; its increasingly being ignored as far as I can see; nearby beach is packed and its not with locals.
ROI is the same as the UK?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Johnson thinks he is deflecting from Cummings as well as reinstating herd immunity win win.

lol

we await the massive bump in 2 weeks

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

We are allowed to travel in england. Wales and scotland is still local around 5 miles. Donno about ni.

2 hour radius at what speed?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Typical protesters too

White man bad!

no mention of the Asian police officer that was present when George Floyd died
Theyre white now in America and tbh they are a 1000X more racist towards blacks...in the LA riots the black rioters targetted the Asian shops.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
This would be terrifying if it wasnt completely ignored.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Phase 2 for us today. Bars and restaurants will be able to accomodate customers indoors as long as they keep to the rules. Tables 2m apart, no reusables so no serviette dispensers, no table condiments.

From what I've seen so far: toothpicks are individually wrapped, sachets rather than bottled condiments, menus are either single use (printed copies that are thrown away) or QR codes on the table that can be scanned and then the menu can be seen on the smartphones. Serviettes are provided on demand and the bill trays are put through the dishwasher.

Patio umbrellas are sold out everywhere. Restaurants have been buying them all up to try and make the most of their terraces.

A few cases of people I know where they've been fined (and rightly so) for holding house parties. Biggest one I've seen so far is € 3,000 for a house party of ~25 people. The owner of the house got fined so it'll be a bunch of fun conversations when he tries to get that back off his friends.

One guy who works at my gym uploads a photo of him + 17 other people having a "long-awaited get together" (over the allowed number of people for social gathering which was 10 at the time, 15 now). I'm half tempted to send it to the gym as if this guy doesn't care about the rules in his personal life, god knows what will happen when he will be placed in charge of hygiene and ensuring people keep to the rules when the gym eventually re-opens.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Phase 2 for us today. Bars and restaurants will be able to accomodate customers indoors as long as they keep to the rules. Tables 2m apart, no reusables so no serviette dispensers, no table condiments.

From what I've seen so far: toothpicks are individually wrapped, sachets rather than bottled condiments, menus are either single use (printed copies that are thrown away) or QR codes on the table that can be scanned and then the menu can be seen on the smartphones. Serviettes are provided on demand and the bill trays are put through the dishwasher.

Patio umbrellas are sold out everywhere. Restaurants have been buying them all up to try and make the most of their terraces.

A few cases of people I know where they've been fined (and rightly so) for holding house parties. Biggest one I've seen so far is € 3,000 for a house party of ~25 people. The owner of the house got fined so it'll be a bunch of fun conversations when he tries to get that back off his friends.

One guy who works at my gym uploads a photo of him + 17 other people having a "long-awaited get together" (over the allowed number of people for social gathering which was 10 at the time, 15 now). I'm half tempted to send it to the gym as if this guy doesn't care about the rules in his personal life, god knows what will happen when he will be placed in charge of hygiene and ensuring people keep to the rules when the gym eventually re-opens.

We went phase 2 last week. Seems OK from what I've seen. Tables well spaced and no large groups.
The Guardia and Civil Protection are patrolling regularly so everyone is sticking to the rules.
Although everyone has a face mask some need educating on how to wear them. Loads simply protecting their chins or not covering their noses. Mostly old people who complain it makes it difficult to breath. Don't fucking go out then!
Should get interesting down your way when the tourists start arriving.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not sure why everyone's worried about a second wave - especially in London - considering all the indications are the virus is fizzling out, as respiratory illnesses tend to do in summer.

News from Italy - another forum I post on has an OOH GP who covers a third of London - he's barely seen it in the community since April 9, which ties in with the below:

New coronavirus losing potency, top Italian doctor says

Last weekend Oxford mentioned that they were struggling with the vaccine, as there just wasn't the infection present in the community to test. I found that bigger news than some bloke moving house to Durham, but hey ho.

Coronavirus 'disappearing' so fast Oxford vaccine has 'only 50% chance of working'

And then there's the German Neuroscientist on the Independent SAGE, who's models have been pretty much bang on so far, and who doesn't see a second wave over summer as being an issue:

Covid-19 expert Karl Friston: 'Germany may have more immunological “dark matter”'

Not sure how that got printed in the Guardian, as he compares death rates in Germany and the UK, and doesn't think policy decisions had much to do with it....

We’ve been comparing the UK and Germany to try to explain the comparatively low fatality rates in Germany. The answers are sometimes counterintuitive. For example, it looks as if the low German fatality rate is not due to their superior testing capacity, but rather to the fact that the average German is less likely to get infected and die than the average Brit. Why? There are various possible explanations, but one that looks increasingly likely is that Germany has more immunological “dark matter” – people who are impervious to infection, perhaps because they are geographically isolated or have some kind of natural resistance. This is like dark matter in the universe: we can’t see it, but we know it must be there to account for what we can see.

His view is that geographical isolation, and potential cross immunity from other Coronaviridae (such as the common cold), simply meant that the average German was unlikely to get infected.

Add in the pivot from Denmark and Norway, suggesting that lock down wasn't really necessary and they should have handled it more like Sweden, and it seems like the lockdown enthusiasts are on increasingly shaky ground.

So open the pubs up now, yes.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It wouldn't be a second wave if there are more new cases in a couple of weeks, that's still the first wave. A second wave is an entirely new outbreak that wouldn't happen until Autumn.

Your German expert says:
...the important message is that we have a window of opportunity now, to get test-and-trace protocols in place ahead of that putative second wave. If these are implemented coherently, we could potentially defer that wave beyond a time horizon where treatments or a vaccine become available, in a way that we weren’t able to before the first one.
Do you think test and trace protocols are current "implemented coherently" in the UK? If they were, we could "potentially defer" that second wave, so he still expects it to happen.

And you might not care about "some bloke moving house to Durham" (presumably you mean Cummings) but the Government clearly does because he's the only reason they've rushed this half-arsed test and trace system out, with far more new daily cases than would be recommended, far fewer trained operatives than would be recommended and no functioning app.

Funnily enough, I wouldn't recommend Cummings moving into that house on his parents' property because it appears to not have planning permission or pay council tax.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Add in the pivot from Denmark and Norway, suggesting that lock down wasn't really necessary and they should have handled it more like Sweden,
??

Sweden with the "ten times bigger than Norway" death rate?

I guess the scandi countries that are now opening borders with each other - but excluding Sweden - have differing views.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just need Yellowstone to go pop to make 2020 even more memorable.

Oh and China and India to escalate even more than they are now. What a fucking shit awful year.

Funny you should mention Yellowstone, there was an earthquake there this week I believe. - near there it seems... still...

Nearly a dozen earthquakes close to Yellowstone National Park recorded in 24 hours

I think our reality simulation is broken, all this shit happening at once is fucking... its like a dream.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Fuck me, those odds are shit.

Chances of an eruption are 1 in 730,000 per year

Aye and they still aren't even sure what will happen when it goes up with it being a super volcano... some say it could be a gradual release and not do much damage, others say it'll black out the sun for months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom