Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
So if the government had followed a time traveller who nipped back from 2021, everything would be fine.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh rly? Link please.

That's your emphasis, so you must be pretty sure / be able to back that up.

Boris only announced we were passed the peak on 30th April - and lockdown started nearly two months ago.

The graph in that article tells a seriously different story from the one in your reality @Bodhi.

As for your point on the plan yes, we did have one - as I pointed out. But the problem isn't that it was based on the flu - it's that we didn't fucking enact it.

If only BoJo had listened to this guy. There are actual real-life parallels on when it is most effective to deal with an outbreak.

Action was taken far too late...

That story is based on peak test results, which is more a function of increased testing rather than any relation to infections in the community.

Current COVID-19 activity in the UK - CEBM

So Peak Deaths were on the 8th of April, peak hospital admissions were on the 2nd. Given the timescales from Infection to Death (average of 3 weeks) that would suggest peak infections were around the 18th of March.

Also look at the 111/999 data. Probably the best metric for symptomatic infections, 111 calls peaked on the 22nd/23rd, 999 peaked on the 27th. Again, throwing in incubation rates, you're pointing to around the 18th again.

Interesting to note that in NYC, 66% of infections came from home, when people were locked down - https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/new-york-coronavirus-survey-reveals-shocking-stats/

Job

This supposed 100% reliable test should give us some idea of Covids death rate, though Im still suspicious over overlap with other corona antibodiies, which is a big problem for present tests.

Now lets see if overall death rates start to drop, we only need around 6K less a month to break even, though the effects of lockdown will probably offset that.

Job

So my nephew who got his dream job after leaving uni with an engineering degree was let go last week, they shut down, other nephew lost his carpet fitting job and the daughters just been made redundant as a buyer for Hotter shoes...looks like theyre going under.

The guy across the road and the bloke at the back of us have lost their jobs.
Tbh the only people around here with job security are government workers.
6 of the wifes friends are now out of work or had their income reduced to zero and left with businesses that probably wont restart.
My mate does Rugby corporate events and the daft sod has two kids in private school.
Hes just given up.

The worst recession for 300 years they say.
Im sure it will bounce back but a fuck load of people are going to miss the bounce

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So my nephew who got his dream job after leaving uni with an engineering degree was let go last week, they shut down, other nephew lost his carpet fitting job and the daughters just been made redundant as a buyer for Hotter shoes...looks like theyre going under.

The guy across the road and the bloke at the back of us have lost their jobs.
Tbh the only people around here with job security are government workers.
6 of the wifes friends are now out of work or had their income reduced to zero and left with businesses that probably wont restart.
My mate does Rugby corporate events and the daft sod has two kids in private school.
Hes just given up.

The worst recession for 300 years they say.
Im sure it will bounce back but a fuck load of people are going to miss the bounce
Yes a lot of people are having reduced income and losing their jobs :(.

just shows you how fragile this social / commercial construct is that we have created. And how many jobs are not necessary to life but make it a nicer place to live.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Retired doctors in Sheffield setup their own contact tracing forum and are weighing in with their experiences on the current upcoming app.

What I found stand out on their reasons for doing it is this though:

Dr Jones said:
We sat down and thought: this is a major omission – a schoolboy error. We have got one of the biggest crises you can possibly imagine and one of the major building blocks of the public health management of an epidemic is not being done

Job

Its more likely we will eventually 'grade' children on their ability to make the best use of instantly available group knowledge rather than preparing them as stand alone individuals.
Probably be done with a brain scan at birth the way things are going.

I mean thats what the globalists want...a hive population.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Upsides of coronavirus.

We really should plough 100% of recovery funding globally into projects intrinsically linked to bringing about a cleaner, better, healthier world for all.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Economies destroyed.....but at least we can see Everest.
If temporarily shutting down businesses to save millions of lives globally means we destroy economies then we need to fundamentally restructure our economies to prioritise lives, not the profits of a handful of mega rich.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
You can ignore those numbers all you like, but we shall see how fatal it is at the end of the year.
If it only manages 500K world deaths then we'll start on wether total lockdown is reqd, I mean you KNOW that is going to be the question for years to come.

Then we'll start adding up all the deaths caused by lockdown...mental illness, divorce, suicide.

Its gonna be fun

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course he won't resign. Number 10 have already trotted out a statement saying he and his wife needed help looking after their single 4 year child. It makes perfect sense to risk infecting both of his 70+ year old parents.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Of course he won't resign. Number 10 have already trotted out a statement saying he and his wife needed help looking after their single 4 year child. It makes perfect sense to risk infecting both of his 70+ year old parents.
It’s irrelevant why he broke the rules. Just a distraction.

They are prioritising Cummings over a coherent message on lockdown. Now everyone can say it’s good enough for him so I can do it too.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Theres a lot of pressure from the press at the daily briefing. He should be gone. And i think he will in a few days.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Theres a lot of pressure from the press at the daily briefing. He should be gone. And i think he will in a few days.

Just read his response to it all he literally said "Who cares? I acted reasonably and legally" - that is the sort of response why he should be fucking gone, it shows what sort of person he is at the core.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom