Politics Coronavirus

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Gwadien, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moriath

Moriath I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Job

Job The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse

So if the government had followed a time traveller who nipped back from 2021, everything would be fine.

3. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

That story is based on peak test results, which is more a function of increased testing rather than any relation to infections in the community.

Current COVID-19 activity in the UK - CEBM

So Peak Deaths were on the 8th of April, peak hospital admissions were on the 2nd. Given the timescales from Infection to Death (average of 3 weeks) that would suggest peak infections were around the 18th of March.

Also look at the 111/999 data. Probably the best metric for symptomatic infections, 111 calls peaked on the 22nd/23rd, 999 peaked on the 27th. Again, throwing in incubation rates, you're pointing to around the 18th again.

Interesting to note that in NYC, 66% of infections came from home, when people were locked down - https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/new-york-coronavirus-survey-reveals-shocking-stats/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Moriath

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bodhi

Bodhi FH is my second home

6. Job

This supposed 100% reliable test should give us some idea of Covids death rate, though Im still suspicious over overlap with other corona antibodiies, which is a big problem for present tests.

Now lets see if overall death rates start to drop, we only need around 6K less a month to break even, though the effects of lockdown will probably offset that.

7. Job

So my nephew who got his dream job after leaving uni with an engineering degree was let go last week, they shut down, other nephew lost his carpet fitting job and the daughters just been made redundant as a buyer for Hotter shoes...looks like theyre going under.

The guy across the road and the bloke at the back of us have lost their jobs.
    Tbh the only people around here with job security are government workers.
    6 of the wifes friends are now out of work or had their income reduced to zero and left with businesses that probably wont restart.
    My mate does Rugby corporate events and the daft sod has two kids in private school.
    Hes just given up.

The worst recession for 300 years they say.
    Im sure it will bounce back but a fuck load of people are going to miss the bounce

8. Moriath

Yes a lot of people are having reduced income and losing their jobs :(.

just shows you how fragile this social / commercial construct is that we have created. And how many jobs are not necessary to life but make it a nicer place to live.

9. Moriath

10. Scouse

Scouse HERO! FH Subscriber

Retired doctors in Sheffield setup their own contact tracing forum and are weighing in with their experiences on the current upcoming app.

What I found stand out on their reasons for doing it is this though:

11. caLLous

caLLous I am a FH squatter

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Moriath

13. caLLous

14. Job

Its more likely we will eventually 'grade' children on their ability to make the best use of instantly available group knowledge rather than preparing them as stand alone individuals.
    Probably be done with a brain scan at birth the way things are going.

I mean thats what the globalists want...a hive population.

15. Scouse

Upsides of coronavirus.

We really should plough 100% of recovery funding globally into projects intrinsically linked to bringing about a cleaner, better, healthier world for all.

16. caLLous

17. Job

Economies destroyed.....but at least we can see Everest.

18. dysfunction

dysfunction I am a FH squatter

I thought you would be pleased that the world is going down in flames.
    You usually are...

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scouse

If temporarily shutting down businesses to save millions of lives globally means we destroy economies then we need to fundamentally restructure our economies to prioritise lives, not the profits of a handful of mega rich.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Facepalm Facepalm x 1
  20. caLLous

Hmm. Science not being followed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BloodOmen

BloodOmen I am a FH squatter

22. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

23. Wij

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. caLLous

Of course he won't resign. Number 10 have already trotted out a statement saying he and his wife needed help looking after their single 4 year child. It makes perfect sense to risk infecting both of his 70+ year old parents.

25. Wij

It’s irrelevant why he broke the rules. Just a distraction.

They are prioritising Cummings over a coherent message on lockdown. Now everyone can say it’s good enough for him so I can do it too.

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. BloodOmen

Of course he won't resign and Boris won't get rid of him because he's a sleazy little fucker as is his brother who magically got a multi-million pound NHS contract the moment he was in number 10 (pretty sure that's not legal) he's the sort of sleaze The Tories love.

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. Moriath

Theres a lot of pressure from the press at the daily briefing. He should be gone. And i think he will in a few days.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  28. BloodOmen

Just read his response to it all he literally said "Who cares? I acted reasonably and legally" - that is the sort of response why he should be fucking gone, it shows what sort of person he is at the core.