Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It means they are guessing.

Which is what they are doing at least in the areas they are pretending to have answers to.

And Im totally at ease with that, but people who protest are not nutters, they are enjoying their freedom of speech... to the extent we have it...to point that out.

Its the eternal question..at what point does encouraging people to believe your opinions become dangerous to the whole.
Anti vaxxers endanger people without doing anything actually illegal, do we make it illegal, do we stifle their voices, because thats a slippery slope and we'll end up banning flags and nation states, then offence...then jokes...and a world dictatorship beckons.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Here we go again. Simple, direct question. Puts you on the spot. Shitloads of irrelevant waffle.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Torygraph attacking scientists non shocker!

All of the scientists involved in sage and advice to the government have already come out - explicitly in defence of Ferguson and also to state that not one model informed the "science" - but over 50 (iirc) scientists advise sage, backed up by their teams (so *lots* of scientists) and the advice is a group effort.

Add to this a bit of context - all the other countries on the planet locked down on the advice of their scientists. So if Italy, Taiwan, South Korea, Australia, Germany and France were locking down on advice, it'd be weird if we weren't.

This is just another example of what a disgusting tory rag this paper is. They're attacking one identifiable man (as he's a poster child) under a false pretence (neither he nor his model represent the totality of scientific consensus) to undermine "science" and absolve the government of it's responsibility as the ultimate planner and decision maker.

Our government is responsible for it's failure to both plan in advance properly and take decisions in a timely fashion - resulting in the UK having the world's second worst death toll. Period.

Scouse not knowing arse from elbow shocker.

Taiwan and South Korea didn't lock down. We'd probably have been able to get some really good info from Taiwan through the WHO back in December, but they sat on the info as it may have angered Beijing.

Neither did Belarus for that matter. Life continued as normal, they decided to beat the virus with vodka and tractors - their football season has even continued. They're currently sitting on 168 deaths, out of a population of 10 million. All hail Belarus imo!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Found the sentence you can cherry pick to make your "argument" eh @Bodhi?

Korea and Taiwan tested and contact traced - following WHO advice. (As you know).

Belarus, btw, has 1/6th of the annual tourism footprint of Snowdon.

So yeah, if that's all the comeback you have, thanks for validating my argument :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Found the sentence you can cherry pick to make your "argument" eh @Bodhi?

Korea and Taiwan tested and contact traced - following WHO advice. (As you know).

Belarus, btw, has 1/6th of the annual tourism footprint of Snowdon.

So yeah, if that's all the comeback you have, thanks for validating my argument :)

Didn't take me long, inaccuracies like that tend to jump off the screen. Considering getting basic facts wrong tends to invalidate arguments straight off the bat it made it quite easy to ignore the rest of it, when the grasp of first principles was that sketchy.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Didn't take me long, inaccuracies like that tend to jump off the screen. Considering getting basic facts wrong tends to invalidate arguments straight off the bat it made it quite easy to ignore the rest of it, when the grasp of first principles was that sketchy.
I ain't treading on eggshells just to make a clear point - especially since I've posted multiple times that Korea didn't lock down but tested, traced and isolated (as per WHO guidelines).

Like I said. Thanks for making my argument. :)

Job

So..
When will we find out how many people have had it, been testing for a good bit now.
Surely time to take a stab at a fatility rate.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
So..
When will we find out how many people have had it, been testing for a good bit now.
We tested 3 million lets say out of 66 million and we dont know of those 3m how many had it and recovered by the time they were tested or how many went on to have it and were not retested.

just by using the have you got it test you cannot tell rates.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So..
Don't know why you're hung up on fatality rate when it has to be considered alongside it's ability to infect.

If disease A has a fatality rate of one in ten but is really hard to transmit and disease B has a fatality rate of one in a thousand but transmits readily then disease B could well be more dangerous.

It's overall virulence is the important measure - and on any scale this is clearly more virulent than the flu.

Geddit yet? No?

Job

Yeah...hummmm
It was you telling me how virile it was from the start and facepalming me for suggesting it was approaching the flu.

We shall see.

Job

Oh and Belgiums death rate
66 per 100K

US
19 per 100K.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Oh and Belgiums death rate
66 per 100K

US
19 per 100K.

So it's mortality rate is at least ten times worse than flu - at 2 deaths per 100,000 in the US. And that doesn't count transmission differences either.

Brilliant @Job. You can stop talking about it now as you have your answer: Coronavirus is way worse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ha..good try.
Lets see shall we.
Sorry. What do you mean by "good try"?

We have seen. There's your facts. Period. End of discussion. You were wrong.

Another thing out of the wash - if you refuse to accept factual reality because you want to believe, against all evidence, that Covid is no worse than flu - and carry on down this line then you can no longer give muslims shit for being batshit believers.

Job

We are nowhere near complete data.

It is yet to even achieve half of world flu deaths.
Do you believe thats true?
I doubt the figures myself, they say Africa will barely get it because they dont have lots of fat old people...who knows.

As I said....we shall see.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Your mind is broken m8.

It's clear and obvious. As much as you want it to be other other way - it's not. We've seen. Done. Dusted.

2017's total flu deaths in the US - the deadliest in four decades, since 1976: 80,000 (usually about 30,000).

Coronavirus, under social distancing, 90,000 in the past few months and counting...

Those are the figures @Job. Uncontrovertable. End of. You. Are. Wrong.

Job

The flu has a multi vaccine..thats as good as social distancing.

80 - 90K is hardly a significant amount in a 330m pop country.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Wow. I never thought I'd side with China on this but China's accused fatty bombatty of fighting covid with witchcraft.

You have to say - they're right.

Job

Covid world deaths. 310K
Flu pandemic. 650K

Its on track but I suspect it will run out of steam if Africa cruises through.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I don't think Trump's taking hydroxychloroquine, he just wants people to think that it's safe enough that he would. Either because he (or one or more of his donors) has holdings in a company that produces it or as a "I told you it was safe, I was right all along" spiel because he simply can't let things go.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Covid world deaths. 310K
Flu pandemic. 650K

Its on track but I suspect it will run out of steam if Africa cruises through.
Yep. You're trolling. There's no other explanation for it.

Why not stick to the photo thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom