Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't think Trump's taking hydroxychloroquine, he just wants people to think that it's safe enough that he would. Either because he (or one or more of his donors) has holdings in a company that produces it or as a "I told you it was safe, I was right all along" spiel because he simply can't let things go.
Not discounting the corruption, but he probably is though. The dumb fuck.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Yep. You're trolling. There's no other explanation for it.

Why not stick to the photo thread?
You can ignore those numbers all you like, but we shall see how fatal it is at the end of the year.
If it only manages 500K world deaths then we'll start on wether total lockdown is reqd, I mean you KNOW that is going to be the question for years to come.

Then we'll start adding up all the deaths caused by lockdown...mental illness, divorce, suicide.

Its gonna be fun

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Not discounting the corruption, but he probably is though. The dumb fuck.
Again, I don't know. He's an idiot but he's also a coward and the letter his physician sent doesn't actually say that he's taking it. What that letter does is cover the physician's backside if something goes wrong if Trump actually is taking it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Stunning lack of even O-level education being displayed now @Job.

Carry on :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I don't think Trump's taking hydroxychloroquine, he just wants people to think that it's safe enough that he would. Either because he (or one or more of his donors) has holdings in a company that produces it or as a "I told you it was safe, I was right all along" spiel because he simply can't let things go.

Considering HCQ is an old off-patent drug that costs 65c a tablet and the Italians are currently giving it our free of charge I really don't think anyone, Orange Man or not is going to be making a huge amount of money out of it. In fact, knowing how Big Pharma operate, I suspect the negative press is around the fact that nobody can make any money out of it. A lot of doctors in the US are claiming success with it, and it's being heavily used by countries who can't afford what Big Pharma suggest. It's also interesting to compare infection and fatality rates in Marseille vs the rest of France. Dr Raoult has been handing it out like candy (with Z-Pak and Zinc), and Marseille's figures are particularly low, compared to Paris and the East. Considering Marseille's proximity to Lombardy, and it higher than usual immigrant population that's fairly impressive imo.

Going by the research it still doesn't seem to be effective as Nicotine or Vitamin D as a prophylactic, guess Trump just needs to get on the cigars and go out to play some golf.

Bodhi

Covid world deaths. 310K
Flu pandemic. 650K

Its on track but I suspect it will run out of steam if Africa cruises through.

To be honest you both need to shut the fuck up about flu deaths, as you can't really compare them. In the UK at least, flu is not a notifiable disease, so doesn't get put on Death Certificates. It's also very rarely tested for, so estimations of flu deaths tend to use the same excess winter deaths people try to use for CV. However again, they aren't really comparable, because as you point out @Scouse there's no lockdown for a normal flu, hence you don't get all the lockdown related deaths either (people not seeking treatment, giving up because they can't see their families, suicides, etc etc).

As an aside, all these worries about a second wave are mostly worries if it behaves like a flu - neither SARS nor MERS had a real second wave, both mutated and fizzled out. I would be incredibly shocked if CV didn't do the same things. SARS and MERS are still rattling about, in fact people on this thread may well have antibodies for them. OK probably not @Job , as his body would probably reject anything of Middle Eastern origin.

It is increasingly looking like the IFR of CV is very similar to a bad flu however - what's caused us so many issues is how much easier it spreads.

Job

Well yes, world flu deaths are modelling rather than actual death certificates, but theyve had decades with real time feedback to perfect them and we are still in wild guess territory with covid.
Petering out was exactly what they thought it was going to do, sneaky bugger hid in people with no symptoms.

Job

Do you just want me to agree with you...would that make you happy?

I post facts and then my take on those facts, over and over again Im proven right after recieving tirades of abuse and then you quickly change the subject.

Im suggesting covid will turn out to be as roughly deadly as a bad flu, there is plenty of evidence sending the conclusion that way.
Do you just not want to hear it, you made up your minds on day one based on hysteria.

Job

Stunning lack of even O-level education being displayed now @Job.

Carry on :D

Did anyone actually read it.

The estimate implies that approximately 367 000 adults had SARS-CoV-2 antibodies, which is substantially greater than the 8430 cumulative number of confirmed infections in the county on April 10.

The cov2 antibodies presence is quite an eye opener

Job

So greece has joined the quarantine waiver.

Looks like summer holidays are back on.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Do you just want me to agree with you...would that make you happy?

I post facts and then my take on those facts, over and over again Im proven right after recieving tirades of abuse and then you quickly change the subject.

Im suggesting covid will turn out to be as roughly deadly as a bad flu, there is plenty of evidence sending the conclusion that way.
Do you just not want to hear it, you made up your minds on day one based on hysteria.

No but you make up your own "facts" and ignore real evidence so no point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No but you make up your own "facts" and ignore real evidence so no point.
This.

He's been pretty much Q.E.D.'d with the exact evidence he's arguing about. Then he's been called out on the fact that he's ignored the clear truth.

And yet...

Job

Fucking fucking lol

The climate modeller James Annan has used his analytical methods to show what would have happened if the UK government had imposed its lockdown a week earlier. Starting it on 16 March, rather than 23 March, his modelling suggests, would by now have saved around 30,000 lives, reducing the rate of illness and death from coronavirus roughly by a factor of five.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fucking fucking lol.
WHO and all the epidemiologists have been screaming for years that rapid action is key.

We had a plan, it wasn't enacted. People died.

Similar sized countries that did act quickly, people lived.

Easy.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F2d45b42a-99f6-11ea-945c-98ec4f4d8558.jpg

Job

Plenty of other scientists point out we were past peak infection anyway.

Everyones got a theory, mr climate modeller can stick his oar in if he wants with could of would of..never to be proven either way.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Once indivudals with equal and valid viewpoints stop interacting with you guys the thread is how I envisage the formation of a daisy chain..... Keep going (@Job stop interracting with them its making the formation less efficient) oO

Bodhi

WHO and all the epidemiologists have been screaming for years that rapid action is key.

We had a plan, it wasn't enacted. People died.

Similar sized countries that did act quickly, people lived.

Easy.

Belgium went for a hard lockdown much earlier than us - their death rate is now horrendous. The Republic of Ireland locked down earlier and harder than Northern Ireland, and now have a higher death rate than the North. Considering our number of infections peaked before lockdown, I'd suggest we were probably on the right track before Professor Shagger's bullshit model scared half the Western World.

And yes, we did have a plan. Going by most international ratings, a fucking good one (second only to the US). Only issue is, ours - and everyone else's in the West - was based around flu. Given that we know that CV definitely isn't a flu, the fact that some parts of the plan were dropped makes sense. SK, HK and Taiwan were all burned by SARS and MERS so had the infrastructure in place to deal with it. You can be damned sure, that after this is all over we will be in the same position.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Belgium went for a hard lockdown much earlier than us - their death rate is now horrendous. The Republic of Ireland locked down earlier and harder than Northern Ireland, and now have a higher death rate than the North. Considering our number of infections peaked before lockdown, I'd suggest we were probably on the right track before Professor Shagger's bullshit model scared half the Western World.

And yes, we did have a plan. Going by most international ratings, a fucking good one (second only to the US). Only issue is, ours - and everyone else's in the West - was based around flu. Given that we know that CV definitely isn't a flu, the fact that some parts of the plan were dropped makes sense. SK, HK and Taiwan were all burned by SARS and MERS so had the infrastructure in place to deal with it. You can be damned sure, that after this is all over we will be in the same position.

ROI almost certainly doesn't have a higher death rate than NI; Ireland's death rate includes all locations, NI's only includes hospitals, so you can whack the NI actual up by at least a third based on the Republic numbers. There's also the simple fact that NI has only carried out about a third as many tests on a per cap basis than the Republic.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Considering our number of infections peaked before lockdown
Oh rly? Link please.

That's your emphasis, so you must be pretty sure / be able to back that up.

Boris only announced we were passed the peak on 30th April - and lockdown started nearly two months ago.

The graph in that article tells a seriously different story from the one in your reality @Bodhi.

As for your point on the plan yes, we did have one - as I pointed out. But the problem isn't that it was based on the flu - it's that we didn't fucking enact it.

If only BoJo had listened to this guy. There are actual real-life parallels on when it is most effective to deal with an outbreak.

Action was taken far too late...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom