Convince me..

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Why will WAR be any good? It looks like the love child of WoW and DAoC at the moment.

What is attracting you to the game?

This isn't a flame, I'm struggling to be excited about the game, which is unusual as I usually try out all major MMORPGs when they're released. :)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Why will WAR be any good? It looks like the love child of WoW and DAoC at the moment.

This isn't a flame, I'm struggling to be excited about the game, which is unusual as I usually try out all major MMORPGs when they're released. :)

PvP ala Daoc OF but on all levels. Best PvE system ever. (not much grind, everyone can/will help each others as it improves everyones leveling speed)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

If D&D is the Mother, then Warhammer is the Daddy of all rpg's.

The Warhammer style has been copied for years, that hardcore combat laced with an element of humour and the absurd which not only delights but entertains.

Mythic, creators of arguably the best pvp mmorpg to date coupled with GW, the fathers of modern tabletop gaming backed by EA, one of the biggest and most successful games publishers around. Thats enough for me to at least try the game. Maybe it'll be another DDO, SWG or other big-name flop, but Warcraft got it right (for me the jury is still out on LOTRO) so there is hope :)

Daux

Fledgling Freddie
Well you played DAoC for 6 years or so, so i'd guess you kinda liked it. So imaging DAoC with uber improvements, the people you love back on it and set in a more casual game style.

Then I can't see why you wouldn't like it :)

Plus you wub me and i'll be there! ;)

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
It will have keep sieges 24/7, It will have roaming groups for fg action most of the time, it will have instanced scenarios 24/7. So whatever you want to do when you log on you will be able to do it directly no matter what you like.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
hehe. i can allready hear all the former DAoC FG groups make a unisont sigh of despair :D

them actually have to contribute to keep sieges xD

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe. i can allready hear all the former DAoC FG groups make a unisont sigh of despair :D

Well them killing other groups also help. Everything adds up VP. Must have VP from all sorts to be able to take controll.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
Yeah i'd expect keeps are required to control a zone, all zones needed before able to trigger the end city instance. Normal kills still help the 'slider' we've seen to enable the other part of the area control.

Course no one will know til the beta starts again, which i'd imagine would be pretty soon considering there was stuff they planned on testing before the new year (clocks ticking guys :D )

Boogyman

Fledgling Freddie
1. It is made by Mythic.
2. It is mostly about pvp just like daoc was
3. And its goddamn Warhammer ! Waaagghh! :flame:

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie

We already had to. Porting made keeps very important.

morphar

Fledgling Freddie
1. It is made by Mythic.
2. It is mostly about pvp just like daoc was
3. And its goddamn Warhammer ! Waaagghh! :flame:

amen!

Loved daoc, quit wow very fast. Now waiting for this gem. Ofcourse played it as boardgame aswell ;D

Case

Fledgling Freddie
It's gonna be ace, there you go that enough convincing? :D

Gahn

Resident Freddy

Oh my, like FG crowd never helped Relic Raids when they meant something back in the days...

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Any mobs like The Glacier Giant you can use to help you in PvP? :)

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Replace porting with RPs/h.

Well yeah, porting meant RPs/h so we needed keeps for more RPs/h. Or did the opposite ofcourse. Not take a keep/tower because then they couldn't port and then we had to wait longer on our enemies...which is less RPs/h...but mostly we needed to take keeps and towers for more RPs/h.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Oh my, like FG crowd never helped Relic Raids when they meant something back in the days...

when relics actually made a difference opted FG's and 8v8 were hardly even invented.

opted FG's came around the release of SI, maybe slightly before that, but not by much. and the few that did run opted (or rather set groups as it were at the time as class discrimination hadn't stuck up its ugly face yet) weren't all that many.

and when SI got released with all the added item utilty, relics kinda got redundant coz ppl could near cap their damage anyway. yes they still meant something. but it wasn't the "must have" that they used to be.

but almost the second after 8v8 got really popular they started to bitch and moan about all the "fucking roleplayers" that kept taking keeps (and later towers) and did everything they could to stay away from it.

i mean, the only reason those ppl actually take keeps and towers NOW is when they wanna set up some IRVR.

and i hope to god Mythic aint letting that shit happen in warhammer.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
when relics actually made a difference opted FG's and 8v8 were hardly even invented.

opted FG's came around the release of SI, maybe slightly before that, but not by much. and the few that did run opted (or rather set groups as it were at the time as class discrimination hadn't stuck up its ugly face yet) weren't all that many.

From SI to New Frontiers, you are only "forgetting" almost 2,5 years or so ...

and when SI got released with all the added item utilty, relics kinda got redundant coz ppl could near cap their damage anyway. yes they still meant something. but it wasn't the "must have" that they used to be.

They meant something as for Realm Pride i meant, there were far less Realm Hoppers (or Server Hoppers) before Cluster got in. They DID made a difference tho expecially in 8vs8 (20% more healing and dmg useless? Okay u really don't know what you talking about)

but almost the second after 8v8 got really popular they started to bitch and moan about all the "fucking roleplayers" that kept taking keeps (and later towers) and did everything they could to stay away from it.

If there were reasons to get the towers or keeps, they/we would have helped out. At least this was happening in Hibernia up till New Frontiers came out and at the very start of NF cause of Hibernia underdog situation. Of course if u expect an help trebbing the walls or ramming the door u are deluded. Use the tools as they are meant to be used (ie asking an fg to come and patrol the ways to the Keep under siege = the win, anything else = the lose).
Also don't mix up New Frontiers with Old ones as for the sieges going.

i mean, the only reason those ppl actually take keeps and towers NOW is when they wanna set up some IRVR.

Blame Mythic design of the new frontiers for that, not fg crowd.

and i hope to god Mythic aint letting that shit happen in warhammer.

Ah this we can agree upon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom