Convince me..

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
wblabla whine about relics and meaning stuff

relics meant this:

If you have them, then the bloody enemy doesn't.. that makes u better then them!

bonus? really? theres a bonus? cool..

it was the have, and the fact that they dont have it :p

nowadays its who hasnt goto work and can game in the early morning:p

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Still stirring shit over the game judging from 20 mins played at Leipzig? :kissit:

I played more, had to get in line a couple of times. I know that a simpleton like you defines PvP as consensual man to man, no biggy.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Warhammer :rolleyes:

Why would be WoW 2 mostly about PvP? I am quite sure you can play versus the environment in Warhammer without being affected by PvP whatsoever.

See EVE, where it's quite the opposite.

By the logic most of the people use you could call DAoC a jump & run because you can jump there.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I played more, had to get in line a couple of times. I know that a simpleton like you defines PvP as consensual man to man, no biggy.

the only simpleton here is you, convinced to judge a game for having played it 40 minutes :kissit:

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
the only simpleton here is you, convinced to judge a game for having played it 40 minutes :kissit:

Surely not enough to review a game but I am not reviewing it, stating an opinion on certain aspects. Don't have to be quick-witted for that either and an hour is enough time.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Surely not enough to review a game but I am not reviewing it, stating an opinion on certain aspects. Don't have to be quick-witted for that either and an hour is enough time.

Having an opinion is one thing, endorsing a crusade is another, but whatever tbh.

Aesgir

Loyal Freddie
and when SI got released with all the added item utilty, relics kinda got redundant coz ppl could near cap their damage anyway. yes they still meant something. but it wasn't the "must have" that they used to be.

Yeah they stopped mattering as much after the introduction of Spellcrafting in SI, and some of the uber drops that came along if you camped long enough *yawn* Remember camping one spot where the mob only spawned every 1.5 days, just so i could get some damn belt (which never dropped for me btw :p )

It became less about the bonus, and more 'well we haven't done one in a while, lets go cost the enemy some money'

The opted 8x8 groups were just before SI i think, as a reaction to damn hibs running round killing us all ("GET OUT MY BACK YARD!") in emain :D

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Why would be WoW 2 mostly about PvP? I am quite sure you can play versus the environment in Warhammer without being affected by PvP whatsoever.

See EVE, where it's quite the opposite.

By the logic most of the people use you could call DAoC a jump & run because you can jump there.

WoW was very much a pve based game with pvp tacked-on more as an option than anything else. It was never central to the design of the game.

In EvE you can pve almost without any pvp intervention. Some players never pvp in EvE, in fact a lot don't because of the losses you can incur from getting podded. I take your point that nowhere is entirely safe, but by PvP centric im not referring to a game that has no non-pve areas, more one that is designed around pvp rather than pve.

Still doesn't really answer my question (I assume by WoW 2 you are referring to Warhammer), Warhammer is touted as a pvp centric game (sure it has pve, but thats not the question), if you know otherwise please enlighten me :)

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
WoW was very much a pve based game with pvp tacked-on more as an option than anything else. It was never central to the design of the game.

In EvE you can pve almost without any pvp intervention. Some players never pvp in EvE, in fact a lot don't because of the losses you can incur from getting podded. I take your point that nowhere is entirely safe, but by PvP centric im not referring to a game that has no non-pve areas, more one that is designed around pvp rather than pve.

Still doesn't really answer my question (I assume by WoW 2 you are referring to Warhammer), Warhammer is touted as a pvp centric game (sure it has pve, but thats not the question), if you know otherwise please enlighten me :)

For me PvP is not just the classic hand to hand anymore and anno 2008 I wouldn't call a MMOG PvP-centric when it just has that. It might have more PvP-elements than other MMOGs but that's it.

Pica

Fledgling Freddie
Well im looking forward for somthing new.. i have been playing wow for almost 3 years now, and it is dull... pvp sucks it the same all the time... just running throu AV all the time gets borring after a verry short time... and the Arenas.. well sucks too, the same thing all over again.. and if you wanna progress in PVE you have to be hardcore raider, and have no life what so ever... so im looking forward for some new pvp/pve style..

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
if you wanna progress in PVE you have to be hardcore raider, and have no life what so ever... so im looking forward for some new pvp/pve style..

Well it's going to be hard for WAR too...I mean, I don't know a single MMO which isn't timeconsuming.

Meaning: this RvR thing will also create time-consuming hardcore guilds.

Pica

Fledgling Freddie
Thats true, but i dont have to like live in the game to keep up i guess.. in wow PvE wise, you either lived in the game to go anywhere, but if you wanted to go casual, you where progessing slow, and that wasnt really fun either

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom