Congratulations to hibs and albs for a nice duoing the relics evening

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Werewolf said:
well atleast u gona have fun battleing together for the ownership of this server cause thats wot u do with this since first day of NF u both been hitting mids only well HF dont think many gona be in NF from now on
Imho you forget the first RR since new frontier. Just as one very visible example. Imho it is a bit big factual error. For "battleing together" I think hibs and albs attacked each other, not like on the RR against alb relic. Also when your str relic was under attack, 2 keeps for it on alb hands, hibs attacked the albs, when all they had to do would be simple: Stop you from porting and camp a few bottlenecks. Farm RP and Farm relics, what they did? Attacked Alb groups.

Also, why Albs did the favor for the hibs? Because we get bonuses for keep ownership, and tbh with a lot relic we needed to see victories, and many albs did you big favors, by not organizing the forces better. A force when clerics die because they have enc, and tanks don't take sieges. Where all guards are on clerics, since majority of tanks don't set protect (nor guard, nor intercept) and taunt is a luxury get wiped isn't the strongest force. Yet with people like it, albs managed to advance, even when mids had superior numbers, because mids were disorganized.

OF was about a few high RR opted groups owning everyone and making RvR pointless for the rest. NF is about community, teamwork where even the causal players can get involved and can have victories, can be usefull. If you don't care for other members in the BG, and they die with enc, all guards end up on them, you will get wiped. If you work coordinated and have a nice community, and think, and use the oppurtunities you see, you will have better chances. Mids failed at this lession because the action before was in alb frontier, and before NF hib frontier. So it was the first time when they experienced how to act if action is in their own frontier.

Fiver

Fledgling Freddie
Werewolf said:
well atleast u gona have fun battleing together for the ownership of this server cause thats wot u do with this since first day of NF u both been hitting mids only well HF dont think many gona be in NF from now on

QQ ?

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously wtf is the problem? It's only relics and I belive most of us already knew about the relic statistics.

Go outside take a deep breath walk back in to your computer. Just do normal RvR until 90% of the mids have done their MLs etc for all of their 7 alts. We can still do keeptakes etc meanwhile... but RR is a bit optimistic. =)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Imho there were another raid building in alb frontier. at least when you can't port to any keep that controls the milegate for power relic and renaris gets attacked with a smaller force then more enemies inc, that tends to be a sign of problems.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Wazkyr said:
both mids and hibs has been in alb teamplaying keeps for long, only thing we need now is alb and mid go play with the hibibes keeps
Aye, those animists need more rp's imo xD

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Aye, those animists need more rp's imo xD

Well spotted. I'm the only animist with over 40k LWRPs this week, compared to 10 RMs in a week when Midgard got their arses kicked.

Conjurus

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
both mids and hibs has been in alb teamplaying keeps for long, only thing we need now is alb and mid go play with the hibibes keeps

haha wth are you talking about?

did we take to unclaimed towers at the same time or? poor albion lost two towers, bloody hibs and mids teamplaying over ventrilo :<

..........albs..........

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Boggy said:
Well spotted. I'm the only animist with over 40k LWRPs this week, compared to 10 RMs in a week when Midgard got their arses kicked.
I can't defend a keep myself tho :p

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I can't defend a keep myself tho :p

Neither can I. That's just one of those myths put about by people who don't know what they are talking about or who don't like to give people credit.

If I could defend a keep by myself I would be scoring quite a few more points than 40k wouldn't I?

The fact is animists ARE being rolled a lot atm (judging by the number of sends I get asking about how to spec or play them) but the people rolling them are going to find life a lot harder than popular opinion would have them believe. You'll probably start seeing a lot more animists in the near future, though how many will stay once the reality sinks in is another matter.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Boggy said:
Neither can I. That's just one of those myths put about by people who don't know what they are talking about or who don't like to give people credit.
I didn't really mean you could defend a keep all by youself ofc, no class can do that. But when there are many ppl defending and attacking and the lag starts to kick in, 8 shrooms does a difference while a solo rm isn't noticable.

Boggy said:
If I could defend a keep by myself I would be scoring quite a few more points than 40k wouldn't I?
If you were as rvr active as the RM's you speak of you would have about the same amount of rp's I would say. Doesn't have that much with abilities to do rly. So no if you only got 40k lwrp you ain't active enough to get more ^^

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
If you were as rvr active as the RM's you speak of you would have about the same amount of rp's I would say. Doesn't have that much with abilities to do rly. So no if you only got 40k lwrp you ain't active enough to get more ^^

Animists not wanted anywhere but keep defences really, so hard to make as many rps as fotm rms, just as much to do with being wanted, as being active.

remi

Fledgling Freddie
Boggy said:

not much rps in zerging, is it muppet?

Oldfaravid

Fledgling Freddie
Dwali said:
just what i waited for...for someone to qq about us...we dident even plan a RR...i jpind with my little theurg after we hade Guild meeting to retake beno 4...then we said...action in mid...so we went there...helpt take a few keeps and woops someone thought..." hey lets take relic" and we did...so no plan on that RR...it just happend....so stop the f***ing qq now and play the ame as they made it...don´t take it personal

You just made werewolfs post valid... "we didnt even plan a relic"... no because YOU DONT HAVE TO WHEN 2 realms are constantly attacking mid. sooner or later there are gonna be keep losses and openings to get a relic out... pretty tired of logging in and seeing flames all over our realm.. you check alb and hib no flames as far as the eye can see... and since NF is zee zerg game all ALBS and HIBS are attrackted to the flame.. say whatever you want that mids zerged emain etc before.. tbh mids didnt zerg, mids ran several groups in emain that sometimes bumped in the same places . when hibs or albs came out it was just zerg... The reason for midgard failure -->we dont like to zerg...hibs and albs loves zee zerg gives even clueless people a chance of getting rps... :kissit:

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Remi and Zebolt - sorry guys you have just proved how little you know about Hib classes.

An Animist getting well over 40k rps would be real special. I do not play one, my choice as a result of the difficulty they have in doing anything outside of keep/tower defences. Takes a really good animist to do well in attacking situations or open field fights. Boggy may not be a power gamer, he may not camp docks picking up easy rps but he does damn well in what you guys think is an easy class to play but in reality is not.

Tonight there was some good stuff from all realms, albs and hibbies had some real good fights lasting some hours and middies fought and won their keeps back. A good night all round and for those out there tonight I applaud you all.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
>I wanna play shroomer too. :/

Nah you will soon end up with a copy of WoW like the rest of us ;)

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
Animists are a fun, complex class. And Prydwen animists are not only good, but lucky too as they seem to stack all their shrooms in those same LoS bugs spots where they can't be attacked (we resorted to trebs as pbaoe/aoe didnt scratch them, and I'm not even sure it worked) but they are free to demolish our zerg as it showed yesterday. Really, really lucky ... I wouldn't /random in a hib lotto against those animists.

mhael

Fledgling Freddie
Yma said:
Animists are a fun, complex class. And Prydwen animists are not only good, but lucky too ..

Agreed. They are so fun that I think everyone that plays one deserves a good beating with a blunt object. =)

As for the lost relics. Well, it was the same in OF. It's not like each realm fought hard/good every time their relic was attacked. There has always been ups and downs and I don't think NF will change that. =)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Animists only shine in the keepdefense (and offense I guess), where a runemaster and wizard do pretty good in both too; but also in roaming RvR.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Animists not wanted anywhere but keep defences really, so hard to make as many rps as fotm rms, just as much to do with being wanted, as being active.
I have played RM since release, that means even through the times of savage/melee era. No one wanted a RM in grp if not for pbt (I was 50 dark). Even then I could get more than 40k a week easily. And I can get alot more than 40k a week solo now easily. Has nothing to do with wanted or not. Maybe if we talked about 150k+ rp a week then we could talk about being wanted etc but not for 40k xD

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Zebolt said:
I have played RM since release, that means even through the times of savage/melee era. No one wanted a RM in grp if not for pbt (I was 50 dark). Even then I could get more than 40k a week easily. And I can get alot more than 40k a week solo now easily. Has nothing to do with wanted or not. Maybe if we talked about 150k+ rp a week then we could talk about being wanted etc but not for 40k xD

Oh, so we can agree that really RM's are overpowered, not animists... :eek:

And no "hc" players roll animists cos they're not wanted so you're bound to not get very many animists 40+k lw rps, or very many animists anywhere, compared to what it would be like, if they were wanted in gg.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Edlina said:
Oh, so we can agree that really RM's are overpowered, not animists... :eek:
No, we can agree than a hc player makes more rp than a random player. That goes for any class rly ^^

Edlina said:
And no "hc" players roll animists cos they're not wanted so you're bound to not get very many animists 40+k lw rps, or very many animists anywhere, compared to what it would be like, if they were wanted in gg.
Check how many thanes that got lwrp over 40k.. None. Check how many savages that got lwrp over 40k... Two. Your point beeing?

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
I didn't really mean you could defend a keep all by youself ofc, no class can do that. But when there are many ppl defending and attacking and the lag starts to kick in, 8 shrooms does a difference while a solo rm isn't noticable.

Nearsight is also a powerful tool in keep battles. I've seen certain Mids, Albs and Hibs use it to good effect. It doesn't generate RPs though, so you also see a lot of RMs not getting the most out of it.

Zebolt said:

I would be extremely surprised if I am not as active as you in RvR. I think most people on Pryd would back me on this. I am currently unemployed and playing DAoC far too much and 90% of my ingame time atm is in RvR.

I don't score as many RPs as I might for a few reasons. Partly it's because I stay in random groups, usually low on heals etc. Also it's because Animists are not particularly high scorers. Those situations where we are strong are situations that don't score heavy. Where the RPs would be scored - roaming/patrolling - animists are not a strong class.

Zebolt said:
Check how many thanes that got lwrp over 40k.. None. Check how many savages that got lwrp over 40k... Two. Your point beeing?

This is an interesting point. Tanks and Thanes are generally accepted as being a lot weaker now in NF. If you need to compare Animist RP performance to those classes, I'd say that in itself is an admission that we're not a strong RvR class when it comes to scoring.

How about comparing us to some of the classes considered strong?

Animists are not scoring big. It doesn't bother me, because I am confident enough that I'ma good player without thinking RPs would measure it. If I wanted RPs I would level my Eld and kit him out and form a GG.

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
Dude anytime anywhere i can make a grp that can carry the relic safe to a relic shrine without problems only thing was the genereal opinion aka the gank grps said they should have the relics to carry em and in bg ppl shout NONE ELSE FOCKING TOUCH THE RELICS ETC only fotm grps allowed to carry em focking noncense.
this realm had most "elitists" ever and now they blatantly dont care about the realm or its future as u can see osme off the grps do indeed help out with keep takes but when u get comments from some off em why bother comeo n6h long retakes when its so boring ye ofc its boring but if none would do it who the fock is gona do it ? its not just all baout your rps its about the realms rps fock there aint even enough guilds in the fecking realm who can claim keeps cause they cant afford to keep em ore than a few hours no wonder the enemies just come in and solo the towers and few mins l8er the keep is lost cause ppl cant afford have em higher than lvl 5 or so theres no point in that is there ?. And its nice when theres a Real meeting and a whole alliance is left out cause we aint got enough BpS and we still second biggest alliancei n whole realm THATS team spirit imo and its not first time fed alliance been left outside your realm meetings..... think about that in future too when u organise realm meetings..

lots of typos cba to retype em though ;)

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
also "elitist" grps done alot good but its kinda focked upp normal rvr for everyone.OR did in old frontiers now i nnew frontiers most things is keep takes and zergs. usually the one with bigger force wins in end.

And i hope they would indeed help more out in realm defence atleast when its RR scale wars going on but thats not my choice thats theirs.

Marath

Fledgling Freddie
Mojo said:
Ah yes clearer now u mentioned that, you guys were taking Bold? (which was seemingly taking forever) and some mids were interefering with us up north at berk, beno, eras. I remember thinking wtf were they doing (after initially thinking mids joined in on a double team against albs) it was so obviouse we were RR'ing. Im not sure the mids interefering with us would have changed the outcome any if they assisted at Bold.

Not to burst your buble but there was 10 mids in alb at that time. (Some were bots). Just under 30 mids online in total. 5 or 6 of us trebbed the wall and inner tower at bold (some stealthers were farming hibs at beno) and then it took forever to get the gate down with our numbers and only a siege ram. We were wathing when you got through the Relic MG at the 2nd try. As we couldnt do a crap but wanted to see how you were doing. And a thane(trollum), zerker(maddude), skald, 1bb and few sbs and hunters dont do anything to a rr force that size.

And about mid relics then. QQ more imo, mids havent deserved to have after the 1st great defence. Early morning and late evening defences are normally only that hold as the defence bg has the same people defending the whole day long and the rest are farming rp's. When theres 200 people online and 40 in frontiers and 30 defence bg and 10 in sight theres something really wrong.

It isnt the end though. People will get their act together sooner or later and get some "realm-spirit" again. Atm its silly that I feel more friendly to Spinesprout, Caestar and even Carp than to 90% of mids.

After defending Blend to around 06cet in the morning the day before the rr it was really nice to get to defend it at the next evening. Came a time I found its not really worth to lose nerves about as my account closed the next day so logged.

Shall see if I cba to get account open again when my school ends for the Xmas.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Werewolf said:
the gank grps said they should have the relics to carry em and in bg ppl shout NONE ELSE FOCKING TOUCH THE RELICS ETC only fotm grps allowed to carry em focking noncense.
Not really. Why not have the groups who are the most experienced and coordinated with the correct setup (i.e. plenty of healers and speed) carry such an important thing as a relic? That's like criticizing a national soccer team captain for putting in his best players with 10 minutes to go in the world cup finals. If you ever should maximize your chances of success, then it is certainly when bringing a relic home.
Werewolf said:
also "elitist" grps done alot good but its kinda focked upp normal rvr for everyone.OR did in old frontiers now i nnew frontiers most things is keep takes and zergs. usually the one with bigger force wins in end.
Well, the gank groups are really in minority, so going on your reasoning, should it not be sufficient if the rest of the realm minus the gank groups do the keep warfare bit?

In my opinion, gank groups have a different role in NF than the less opted groups. Instead of keeping to the main army, a gank group should preferably act as a mobile force that can move fast and strike quick. Also, regardless of what you say, it is all about having fun; if you are no longer having fun, it's time to change your playing style. For me, this game is a way to relax, not to have a second job. I do enjoy keep warfare on occasion, but since I get more thrill out of open field RvR, I will continue doing mostly that.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
our grp never asked to carry the relics. We were always asked to do that or Mael or BO or another of the static RvR groups because the raid leaders probably thought those grps would have a much greater chance of running into enemies.

And as Belomar said. We play a different style. we dont play from 18.30-23.00 just to run with 50 others and to stand at a keep for hours. We are in the BG because everytime someone says there are albs/hibs anywhere we go there. maybe we kill all or a couple but by doing that we ARE helping the zerg by removing enemies from your backs.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Imho, you should say 2 things about animists.

1st: Setting ground target, placing a shroom and letting it cast etc takes time, it is something you don't have when you encounter any strong groups say with pbaoe and see if animist can set up any amount of shrooms. Animists are limited to battles that stay at the same place for extended time, and when you can farm RP around a door, there are enemies around it, and bet on it, you can get killed quickly. Yes, camping some postern doors, etc with shrooms work, but what else? When they are in their place where they work the best, they are strong till a mini / sorc / etc. can AE mezz the shrooms, or someone can AE nuke them, or someone can attack them with a catapult or... These chances are rare, and it is hard to get a lot of RP this way.

2nd: When you chain kill 7 hibs alone, you played well, when a hib chain kills 2 alb, it is "fucking overpowered". Imho you should add the hib played well, the hib was in a situation is class was designed for while the alb was in a not so favorable place for his class, etc. explanations to repertoire, and you will understand the game and classes better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom