Congratulations to hibs and albs for a nice duoing the relics evening

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
i havent seen 100 mids out yet and im not treathening to quit but this is more off a reason to put more time in WoW when it comes

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Werewolf said:
i havent seen 100 mids out yet and im not treathening to quit but this is more off a reason to put more time in WoW when it comes

Im so glad hibs didn't have that attitude all those months (since the start of pryd) ok... some did and bailed out :p

It surprising how used to getting bitch slapped you get, as nice as it is to be doing well i cant help feeling very very strange about it, like it's to good to be true.

I guess it must be tough for a realm thats always been on top, to be doing quite poorly, moral must be so low :(

oh well :drink: here is to the rest of us :clap:

Adirel

Fledgling Freddie
Now that the XML-files are active its possible to compare the relic-status on all servers.

I did a quick investigation and found out that of the total of 84 relic the current holder are as follow (around 14.00 cet 10/dec 2004)

Alb 57.1%
Hib 27,4 %
Mid 15,5 %

This show the unbalance of the realms.
Mids are not given the abilities on weapons and damages to cope up with Albs and Hibs atm. Or Mids-realm are heavey underpopulated.

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I think Mojo has it down to a tee.

NF is about zerging. Sure there might be the odd time that 1fg stuff might still work but tbh thats long gone now.

Keep/tower taking is the game now. If you want action, Take a tower. If none comes take another, If its still dead take the damn keep. That should get some attention.

Looks like Hib and Alb have got used to it. Having the gg's running with the zerg, Then having them do their 1fg stuff when the situation occurs. ie: when a tower is under threat, they break off from the zerg.

It can work.

Brolundar

One of Freddy's beloved
Adirel said:
Now that the XML-files are active its possible to compare the relic-status on all servers.

I did a quick investigation and found out that of the total of 84 relic the current holder are as follow (around 14.00 cet 10/dec 2004)

Alb 57.1%
Hib 27,4 %
Mid 15,5 %

Mids are not given the abilities on weapons and damages to cope up with Albs and Hibs atm. Or Mids-realm are heavey underpopulated.

I would measure rvr-ballace on the ammout of rp gained.
From this kind of view Midgard was Prydwens leader most of the time.

And as it has been said before, about 200 ppl online, but only 80 do defend, and only 40 are working together and organized.

Was the same last week in Albion, when Hibs took relic.

Maddude

One of Freddy's beloved
Mojo said:
I remember a post made after the Str RR from albs saying hibs were 120+? mids responded saying they were 50 or so at beno at the same time (which was where hibs were) and that these figures of 120+ were wrong, and more like 80 hibs 50 mids or some such. ( i could well be wrong with numbers and what keep it was, maybe eras? but that was the jist as i remember it)

So 50 mids at beno (a hib held keep in alb frontier during a RR) what were 50 mids doing there? trying to farm hibs/albs and not taking advantage is what :<

You sure this was during the time that u were takeing the relic?, as i know trollum n dwera did a keepraid the same eveneing so u dont mix up the numbers there?, cause i think the numbers dramaticlly decreased at the later time of night.
I might be wrong but worth a thinker...

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Adirel said:

Alb 57.1%
Hib 27,4 %
Mid 15,5 %

well look at active chars popluation figures for Prydwen

Albion : 2576
Hibernia : 1439
Midgard : 2312

soo u guys have 900+ char advantage on us and u cant cope... poor u :kissit:

Poag

m00?
Jupiter said:
well look at active chars popluation figures for Prydwen

Albion : 2576
Hibernia : 1439
Midgard : 2312

soo u guys have 900+ char advantage on us and u cant cope... poor u :kissit:

Not knocking the stats Jupiter but active in RvR say more that 900 RP gained or something would prove most useful imo.

As it feels like hibs [although having a lower overal pop] have only slightly less people out in rvr than albs do

If you can supply those..i'll give you a nice fresh out the oven Marks and Spencer White Chocolate cookie...they r fantastically tasty mind :)

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Maddude said:
You sure this was during the time that u were takeing the relic?, as i know trollum n dwera did a keepraid the same eveneing so u dont mix up the numbers there?, cause i think the numbers dramaticlly decreased at the later time of night.
I might be wrong but worth a thinker...

Ah yes clearer now u mentioned that, you guys were taking Bold? (which was seemingly taking forever) and some mids were interefering with us up north at berk, beno, eras. I remember thinking wtf were they doing (after initially thinking mids joined in on a double team against albs) it was so obviouse we were RR'ing. Im not sure the mids interefering with us would have changed the outcome any if they assisted at Bold.

I just remember thinking they had no advantage to interefere with us except to try and stop us (which was clearly not a universal decision due to the ongoing bold fight) or farming rpees. I concluded that mids (or some) were interested to farming us than going for relics, and that it was a missed oppertunity. (that disapointed me due to the pre NF infos about albs owning all, i kinda wanted mids and hibs to own them first)

And yes it is likely that those figures are mixed up a little, but im 100% that mids interefered with us and i am 90% certain the figures quoted were along the lines of a "a guard from your keep was killed with 120 enemy in the area", so would have to have been at the same keep or in the area of the same keep, which would not have happned if it were the numbers at bold.

But this is just how I saw it at the time, can't say what was Actually happening in regards to mids actions becauses i wasn't there or speaking to any mids :) so it is subject to my interpretation.

Gamah

Banned
Werewolf said:
no thing is since NF started albs and hibs have been hitting only mid keeps hardly u seen em do raids in any other direction. A) WEcant fight both off u and as it looks we cant fight neither off the 2 realms solo anymore ppl just piss in nf and thats been it since nf came about 200lvl 50s online yesterday when we couldv had chance to hit with a nice force hibs and albs out off realm how many do respond to call of arms 40 ppl and rest 40 was bots or fotm grps in bg and the fotm grps did just go for rps indeed i saw BaFs grp one off em and SCs grp to help out with beating hibs or albs when siegeing a keep byt hitting em in the flanks but none off the other grps out yesterday i saw close to a keep needing assistance

Miss the whole of last week where hibs and mids were pummeling alb I guess?

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
If you can supply those..i'll give you a nice fresh out the oven Marks and Spencer White Chocolate cookie...they r fantastically tasty mind :)

yeah i know it dont equate to rvr but still % we are outnumbered, according to some mid reports they (mids) had 200+ lvl 50's about last nite (between ml raid, defense, bb's etc), cant remember the last time we had 200+ lvl 50's about.. so givf cookie... i think this will b the best thing that happened to mids and retribution could b incoming.. so givf cookie

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
For me this didn't seem like a question of "if", but rather "when".

I played in NF about 2 weeks or so before I quit.

All I ever saw was Hibs/Albs in Midgard taking keeps and towers.
Hib and Alb lands was almost untouched except for perhaps a single
tower being taken, only to get zerged back very soon.

But grats to Hibs, you deserve the relics.

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger QQ QQ

Adirel

Fledgling Freddie
Brolundar said:
I would measure rvr-ballace on the ammout of rp gained.
From this kind of view Midgard was Prydwens leader most of the time.

And as it has been said before, about 200 ppl online, but only 80 do defend, and only 40 are working together and organized.

Was the same last week in Albion, when Hibs took relic.

The current relic-situation I showed are for all realms. The RP on Prydwen can hardly affect the German and Frence servers.

If nothing this shows an unbalance of the relic in the realms in general atm:
Alb 57.1%
Hib 27,4 %
Mid 15,5 %

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Thornar said:
For me this didn't seem like a question of "if", but rather "when".

I played in NF about 2 weeks or so before I quit.

All I ever saw was Hibs/Albs in Midgard taking keeps and towers.
Hib and Alb lands was almost untouched except for perhaps a single
tower being taken, only to get zerged back very soon.

But grats to Hibs, you deserve the relics.
Which server were you playing on?
For the first couple of weeks, apart from the occasional foray to Midgard, ALbs were definitely on the back foot. Mids and Hibs came to HW to give us a kicking and take our keeps. Most of last week we could only port to Ren or Hurbury as too many towers had been taken or supply lines had been cut and that's pretty much been the state since NF release. It's taken a few good leaders like Duran, Darklis, Flombert etc to rally the Albs and finally start giving you a kicking back.

Anyone who says that Hibs and Albs have only been double-teaming mid from the start needs to lay off the drugs IMO.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
was there such a QQ when hibs took our relic? posting stats and crap will not get them back! :m00:

dante_must_die

Loyal Freddie
I will say 1 thing only (PALI ME XRONIA ME KAIROUS PALI DIKA MAS THA EINAI ).
Meaning relax and enjoy the game in the end there can be only 1 :D

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Bone_Idle said:
NF is about zerging. Sure there might be the odd time that 1fg stuff might still work but tbh thats long gone now.
Funny, all I've been doing since NF arrived was to run as 1 FG, and I've had loads of FG-vs-FG fights where this did work out, and loads of fight where we came up against a zerg and had a grand time kiting it (and sometimes even getting away clean or winning). Naturally, our group's activities do very little for the grand scale of RvR, i.e. defending or retrieving relics, but I we have a lot of fun, and we see our role as quite different from the "bulk" of the Mid RvR population. While the main army, which is less opted and lacks the coordination possible for a single FG, knocks down keeps and towers, we concern ourselves with disrupting and disturbing the enemy in transit to hotspots. It works rather well.
Bone_Idle said:
Looks like Hib and Alb have got used to it. Having the gg's running with the zerg, Then having them do their 1fg stuff when the situation occurs. ie: when a tower is under threat, they break off from the zerg.
Haha, yeah, we saw this with a certain Alb guild at Blendrake the other night, "breaking off from the zerg" and heading to attack us. Incidentally, they still brought the zerg with them.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Albs on an RR was clear from an early stage and long before the hibby BG formed up. Having seen their alarm clock raids pre-NF I would like to applaud their efforts for doing this prime time.

Strangely enough there was a post recently where an alb basically said that very few albs came into the frontiers anymore because they were sick of defending their keeps. Clearly they felt that they were on the back foot all the time.

This thread essentially says the same thing but feels that mid is always defending.

Not sure what you want everyone to do about it. Maybe we should have a weekly programme where each realm (in turn) leaves a frontier keep unclaimed so one of the others can come and claim it and so kick off a fight on their own turf :p .

Having suffered the same pre-NF where Emain was the focus of attention and hibby keeps prolly had more turnover of owners than any others I can appreciate the frustration. Partly I feel happy that you guys are seeing it from the other point of view but tbh I do not really that there is an awful lot to moan about - except at your realm mates if they are not out there helping.

Zlugugg Benvis

One of Freddy's beloved
Bahh ... hate to say it but Albs was stronger last night ... guess all have their tops at some points ... anyway ... just one more reason to clomp dem tincans and mojo maniacs.

See ya when we come to collect OUR relic. ;)

Scunner

Fledgling Freddie
I wasnt on for the final relic assault due to an early rise for a work meeting but when alb have 2 keeps and only one keep more will open up the str relic mile gate you expect hibs to just sit in alb or hib? With that in mind albs are always gonna try take more to go for power relic as we couldnt get the strength.

It's not exactly rocket science.

Thornar

Fledgling Freddie
chretien said:
Which server were you playing on?
For the first couple of weeks, apart from the occasional foray to Midgard, ALbs were definitely on the back foot. Mids and Hibs came to HW to give us a kicking and take our keeps. Most of last week we could only port to Ren or Hurbury as too many towers had been taken or supply lines had been cut and that's pretty much been the state since NF release. It's taken a few good leaders like Duran, Darklis, Flombert etc to rally the Albs and finally start giving you a kicking back.

Anyone who says that Hibs and Albs have only been double-teaming mid from the start needs to lay off the drugs IMO.
Well that is so bs, but why do I really care. I guess you are just happy now that you see Midgard in trouble. :)

Invisibul

Fledgling Freddie
funny thing, in the end when we took the power relic, someone in bg said,

lol 40 in bg and only 50 online altogether :p

an RR was on the cards for ages, i knew this, it was obvious when TDS claimed a keep for the 1st time in NF, we had 2 strong base camps effectively to launch an attack, pwn glen, then notts, in the meatime kinda hoping hibs would take bled, albs could take power, and hibs could the final str relic for them, so much happening all over midgard the mids were spred all over, too much to defend, not enough force.

an all but 1 tds grp ran around taking a few unclaimed towers, and defend Glenlock for a bit so it could upgrade some, by which time notts was taken, claimed and undersiege, thanks to Ixix there on defence at notts.

SO we went bled, one side completly in tatters, this was becuase of Filenotfound, 50 merc in The 30, had 9 trebs up, and totally destroyed 3 wall sections and 2 tower sections of bled opposide Bled tower 1. We initaly did this for a laugh, since bled was lv 10 at the time, we weren't gonna take the lord. (this was the night b4 RR btw)

Took bled, formed up and went pwr straight away, no time to lose.

3 mids were at pwr relic gate, got flattend, then there was about 10 at shrine, they died, I respect those that fought valiantly and with honour to the last breath, at least some mids tried their best all night.

This RR is nearly identical to what hibs did to alb, hibs too many, albs not enuff to defend, in this case, albs too many, mids not enuff to defend.

Was a good night, now mids, instead of whining etc, its up to you to sort yourself out and get your relics back, leaving RvR and doing something else isn't gonna help you at all. Whining doesn't solve anything.

on a final note, Well done to Snugglebot and Flombert for leading the BG to victory, and gratz to the hibs that snuck into the str relic on the sly :p wd to you.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Gale said:
Not knocking the stats Jupiter but active in RvR say more that 900 RP gained or something would prove most useful imo.

As it feels like hibs [although having a lower overal pop] have only slightly less people out in rvr than albs do

The under-populated bonuses should relate to overall pop. They help cover a lot things mainly things that do affect the lowest overall pop realm, such as the cost.

It has been incedibly hard finding enough guild's to claim all of our keeps and towers, a task that would prove impossible without the bonus. We started planning for this well before NF was released, and we are gaining some benefit from that planning.

As GoA news said, the under-populated bonus is based on a large number of stats, and for obvious reasons they won't tell us what they are, but I can tell you without them the server would be Alb dominated like many others. If anything I would maybe prefer Mid to get the bonus too, but then I don't think mid is as short of guilds/BPs or plats as hib is, all of which is relevant.

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe your Fotm guilds/grps do wot u say but in midlkand they do theyr own 1fgp running in beno docks area when mids are getting beaten upp
and in end its their own choice to do so none forces em to do it so your GGs are beeing smarter atm

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Funny to see some mids complaining about the "gank groups".

Who was it that every single time handled the relics on every RR that Midgard had for the past 6 months? The gank groups. Who is it you always cry out to when u are getting farmed? The gank groups. Who is it who kept enemies under control for far to long now? The gank groups.

Without these gank groups you would have seen all this way before NF. Now the gank groups has stopped playing and look at Midgard now. Who are you gonna cry to when you get farmed when the gank groups have moved/quit?

Why should the gank groups come and aid you in what you are doing when the only thing you do is whine over them?

Getting sick and tired of all the ppl saying that the gank groups is the ones to blame. Blame only yourself and noone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom