News Clarkson suspended

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The fact that it wasn't reported until a few days after it happens shows me how serious it was. Handbags at most imo, wouldn't be an issue if the bbc wasn't so full of wet Guardian readers called Tristram.

Sadly the Beeb is becoming a bit of a joke these days, from the completely one sided reporting of Climate Change, the daily updates in what Ed Minigland had for breakfast, and the Apple adverts masquerading as tech articles. Auntie lost the plot a long time ago sadly, her only uses were Top Gear and Match of the Day.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
My professional judgement;

They're a team that have been going on for ever, they always have digs at each other (physically and verbally) and there was a new guy on the scene who Clarkson jabbed, and he didn't take it seriously.

He's been working for TG since 2008.

DaGaffer

I'm still confused as to why no Jc = No Top gear at all? Unless it's some contract thing, surely the other two can keep the ship afloat for a couple episodes.

I'd feel somewhat under appreciated being Hammond or May atm.

Because TG is just a brand name. The show is their act. No Clarkson is like Morecombe & Wise with Morecombe died; not really an act anymore.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Anyone seen the channel 4 video of James May?

Is it me or does he actually seem a little bit.. autistic maybe?
Not really. Coming from one who is a bit autistic. Why would it matter if he was?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not really. Coming from one who is a bit autistic. Why would it matter if he was?

I have spent alot of time around autistic people, and I don't know, he just had some really offbeat body language.

It wouldn't matter, but it's just interesting - eccentric TV people..

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Well he's probably had reporters hanging around outside his front door all day, he looked a bit pissed off in the interview I saw.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well he's probably had reporters hanging around outside his front door all day, he looked a bit pissed off in the interview I saw.

Much like every celebrity you see in a "normal" situation. People in general don't look too chipper when talking normally.

+ what you said ofcourse, hell, i'm not myself without waking up properly, let alone with reporters hounding me.

Bodhi

Stories coming out now that there was no fight, just some raised voices and bad language, and it was Clarkson himself that reported it.

Witch hunt anyone?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Wouldn't surprise me. I do hope he comes back. Not because I like him particularly, I am indifferent but even if it makes a couple of hundred limp guardian readers cry into their ethically sourced granola then it's a victory.

DaGaffer

Stories coming out now that there was no fight, just some raised voices and bad language, and it was Clarkson himself that reported it.

Witch hunt anyone?

More likely what I've been thinking since this happened, Clarkson wants out and wants the BBC to sack him. Much better to go out as the victim and control the narrative rather than just not renew his contract at the end of the month and fuck off to Sky (probably, given his Murdoch connections)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
More likely what I've been thinking since this happened, Clarkson wants out and wants the BBC to sack him. Much better to go out as the victim and control the narrative rather than just not renew his contract at the end of the month and fuck off to Sky (probably, given his Murdoch connections)

this had crossed my mine, even if he is retiring retiring rather than moving to pastures new hes very much a "blaze of glory" type person

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
It was Clarkson who reported the incident actually, not the guy he allegedly had a brawl with.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Hmmmm, seems to be they are back tracking,

'Ok Mr Tymon lets say you're ok with it and it was Jezza that reported it, that way he can come back looking like a good bloke, and so do you as you didn't want to make a fuss in the first place, and here's a nice bonus for your trouble'

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
That metrosexual turd Cohen, who runs that part of the BBC and wants Clarkson out so he can boast to his Guardian reading, tiresome, right on, dinner guests and based his success on shows like the Pod, must hate the fact that Clarkson is a billion times more liked than him.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Hmmmm, seems to be they are back tracking,

'Ok Mr Tymon lets say you're ok with it and it was Jezza that reported it, that way he can come back looking like a good bloke, and so do you as you didn't want to make a fuss in the first place, and here's a nice bonus for your trouble'

They have no choice really, arguably not all of the 350,000,000 viewer base would follow Clarkson to another TV Station a large portion of it would, if Cohen contributed to losing 350,000,000 viewers for the BBC he'd be sacked on the spot, Clarkson knows that and that's probably why Clarkson is being so calm about it.. wouldn't surprise me if the BBC offer him a larger contract to stay with them after this settles down.

Either way - ITV and Sky will be biting Clarksons fucking arm off if the BBC stupidly let him go. And given Hammond and Mays contracts end at the same time as Clarksons it wouldn't surprise me if ITV and Sky approach those 2 either, they could for all intensive purposes make TOP GEAR under a different name if they got the trio.

DaGaffer

Bodhi

But thing is, their contracts were due to expire in the next few weeks anyway, so why not just renew?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
But thing is, their contracts were due to expire in the next few weeks anyway, so why not just renew?
Raise his profile get people bidding for his services?

DaGaffer

Not renewing and going to Sky=sellout, getting sacked and going to Sky=man of the people.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Do you get a severance pay thingy if you get fired in the UK? Even just before a contract ends.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's indicative of how low we've become that this is news tbh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom