Civilization IV

Rubric

Part of the furniture
Used to love Civ on my Amiga many moons ago.

K

Kryar

=)

I love the civ series..I'm a huge fan! Can't wait for IV!!. I hope they've added some new technologies so theres more to research or/and some new units.
It's just so funny to see how the computer develops slowly and you got tanks and bombers and they got nothing but silly catapults and knights. :)

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Kryar said:
I love the civ series..I'm a huge fan! Can't wait for IV!!. I hope they've added some new technologies so theres more to research or/and some new units.
It's just so funny to see how the computer develops slowly and you got tanks and bombers and they got nothing but silly catapults and knights. :)

You must not have played Civ 3 then as the AI in that one is a bitch! Can beat it but I have never owned it like I could with Civ and Civ 2.

I thankfully though am not addicted to Civ anymore as I wasted a year + of my life on Civ2 at Uni, although did get a score of 198 percent once so :)

(If your wondering how you get a percent above 100 you have to in effect do both goals or annihalte the opposition well before you should be able to.)

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
I have some fond memories of my Aztects conquering the world. :D

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I had a bit of a resurgence in Civ3 over the last few weeks, but both my games ended prematurely, the last one as Maya I managed to overcome difficult terrain of mountains and swamps, the complete lack of Iron, only to discover not one bit of Coal in my domain later on, and only one source on the entire bloody map ! That's when I just gave up.

I don't mind being without an important resource but if it can't be traded either then its pointless. I hope they fix this problem, where other Civs are unwilling to trade resources until they have an excess.

Vae

Resident Freddy
Ukle said:
You must not have played Civ 3 then as the AI in that one is a bitch! Can beat it but I have never owned it like I could with Civ and Civ 2.

I thankfully though am not addicted to Civ anymore as I wasted a year + of my life on Civ2 at Uni, although did get a score of 198 percent once so :)

(If your wondering how you get a percent above 100 you have to in effect do both goals or annihalte the opposition well before you should be able to.)

I remember managing to get about 279% or so on Civ 2 by capturing almost the entire world bar one city, covering the map with cities wherever possible, terraforming the entire map into grasslands for max food and having every city on capitalism. Sent the spaceship flying to Alpha Centauri at just the right point that it arrived just as the game ended and I also conquered the final city at the same time for max points :)

Never got so into Civ 3 - It seemed to lack something but I don't know what.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom