Games Civilization VI

Tilda

AI seems a bit pants, and terrible at negotiating.
If a friendship expires, why does it then take turns of wooing before you can befriend someone again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got it in the sale.

Quite disappointing really. The AI is terribly stupid and the game punishes you for it. The entire warmonger thing is broken beyond use. Dumb AI declares war on you for absolutely no reason whatsoever so you turn around and lay the smackdown on them and you get punished for it. Everyone else starts denouncing you for being a warmonger, randomly declaring war and the whole circle continues. Although if you shock and awe them, take a few cities in a few turns after they declare war you can absolutely rinse the crap out of them, all their gold and maximum per-turn, however it makes the game too easy then, you can leach off everyone, knowing that they will declare war again and again, despite them being horrendously outgunned.

I actually made an effort to not get into any war what-so-ever, made it a few hundred years and someone declared war on me. I did nothing at all to fight back except to defend and still got stuck with warmonger from the snowball effect.

I just load up my borders with ranged units and turtle mostly, no other way of playing really, which is a shame. Even on the hardest difficulty the useless AI is easy to abuse.

Also, any more than 6 AI opponents and its a nightmare, the world map is tiny even on the largest setting.

Last edited:

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Got it in the sales also, only played a couple of games so far. Keep meaning to attempt a cultural/science victory but the lure of blitzkrieg is too strong...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm finished with it already. The highlight of the last game was to build settlements around an enemy settler and buy up the land around him, leaving him stranded.

Only because the enemy AI was so dumb that he made the settler in the first place (must have taken an age with the tiles around where he popped) and then just had him wander up and down my border for about 30 turns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom